Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

Chapter Sixteen
Hayden's POV

"Do you want to meet Alice, Winter and Vladimir now?" Kitty asked at breakfast the next morning. He looked so excited, that I couldn't say no, plus it's only three people this time. It won't be so bad and hopefully none of them will try to grope either of us. I could do without that.

I nodded, smiling at how happy he looked. "Sure. I'll go shower since you took one earlier," I said. If I'm going to meet people I'm going to have to make sure my smell doesn't kill them. Honestly, I'm not attractive at all right now.

We walked to the room we were sharing, I got a change of clothes, and then we went to the bathroom, where I kissed Kitty on the cheek expecting him to run off. Instead he sat down next to the door, I guess to wait for me. I'm not going to question him. It usually just leaves me confused.

I turned the water on and soon it was heated up enough and got into the shower, listening to Kitty, who was singing in the hall. I was trying not to laugh. Kitty is so strange sometimes, but it's a good strange. Before long, Kitty stopped singing and it got strangely quiet. I'm not used to the silence anymore!

I finished up my shower and got dressed before moving on to the mirror and that's when I saw it…her. My mother was staring back at me in the mirror and she looked pissed.

"W-w-what? H-how?" I whispered, feeling more scared than I'd ever been in my life. How long had she been there? Had she seen Kitty? Did she know I was gay?

"You little faggot," she hissed, looking absolutely furious. "You are not my child. You worthless piece of trash," she shrieked. "Your father would kill you if he knew. You know, he can hear us just like you. There was no point in telling you. We never wanted a kid, definitely not something disgusting like you. You thought you were crazy and we were satisfied in you thinking that, but now I'm dead and I thought that maybe I could make things right with my son, but I was wrong. You're not my son at all, you worthless bitch!"

"Shut up," I whispered. I wanted to run. I wanted to cover my ears. I wanted to get away, but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't escape from this and I wanted to die. "Please, go away. Please," I whispered, dropping to my knees and sobbing. How could she want to do this to her own son?

"No. You must need me to teach you what's right. I'll never let you be with that horrible creature. I can't understand how you found the one thing more repugnant that yourself to be with. You're going to leave it! Right now," she hissed.

"No. I'll never leave him," I whispered. I can't give up Kitty. He's the best thing that ever happened to me.

"Yes, you will! This isn't a choice. They'll all want to go back eventually and your father will be there waiting for you. He won't let you do this either. Until then, I'll be here making sure you don't forget. Every second you are with him, I'll be here reminding you just how wrong this is," she threatened.

I could hear Kitty knocking on the door, begging for me to let him in. I just couldn't. How could I explain this to him? He'd think I was crazy. I can't even make this stop. We'll never be able to work through this. I'm not good enough for him. Even my own mother knows. I covered my ears, whether to block out Kitty's pleas or my mother's screams I don't know.

The most painful moment of my life came when Kitty told me he loved me and I couldn't even answer him. I couldn't say it back, no matter how much I mean it, when I'm only going to lose him. I need to make this as easy for him as possible. He deserves that.

I heard someone take Kitty away and I just cried and cried all night. I missed having my kitten in my arms, but I didn't deserve him. I should die. I can't bare this. I should just die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, man. I'm going to get beat up by angry readers. :(

Thanks Amyathia for commenting! We love your comments!