We're Concentrating on Falling Apart

When Little People Know...

“Annie.” Emma smiled as she caught up to me as I moved away from my last class of the day. “Everyone is going to get coffee right now and want you to come.” She smiled. I laughed before nodding my head knowing everyone ment the people I’d met today. Those people would be including; Rose, Elise, Zach, Morgan, Blake and Emma. She beamed and grabbed my hand before pulling me out to her car. I smiled at Rose as I took a seat next to her, I looked out the window at the nearing storm for most of the trip, Only speaking when a question was asked to me.

I smiled once we arrived jumping out of the car and running into the coffee shop, I took a look around smiling at the small intimate place. In the corner there appeared to be a small stage where a guitar was sitting, I shook my head and walked up with everyone ordering a small hot chocolate, not feeling in the mood for coffee. Once it had been made I moved to the table everyone was gathered around sitting in between Blake and Morgan before involving myself in the conversation. “Did you see Mr. Jonas today with you Annie? He’s such a flirt.” Rose laughed; I blushed and looked down at the table causing them all to laugh. We continued our conversation everyone slowly leaving until it was just me and the man who’d come up and started to play the guitar and singing along to it. He had his eyes closed as he sung, His curls falling over his eyes his lips touching the microphone. I clapped as he finished before stopping abruptly and looking down blushing profusely. He let out a chuckle before walking over to me sitting down beside me.

“It’s okay, I’m glad you liked my song.” I looked up meeting his chocolate colored eyes. “I’m Nick.” He stuck his hand out a smile on his face, I shook his hand before dropping it.

“Annie.” He smiled as he picked up my accent.

“Just moved here?” I nodded my head. “Why?”

“My dad got a job over here so we all packed up.” I laughed. “I don’t mind it though, I’ve always wanted to be on Broadway so it’s closer for me.” He nodded his head.

“I’ve been on Broadway a couple of times, In Les Miserables, Annie get your gun.”

“I don’t have a gun.” I joked causing him to burst out into laughter, I smiled at him laughing softly along with him. He looked up at me tears in his eyes.

“That was great.” I laughed and looked down at my watch gasping at what I saw. “Do you want a ride?” I looked up at Nick before blushing. “I don’t mind, It’s raining anyway.”

“Thanks.” I smiled as I followed him out to the car, He opened the door to the mustang making sure I didn’t get wet even though he was. Once I was in he ran to his side before jumping in as well. “So when are you next on Broadway?” He looked at me and smiled.

“Why, You going to be my biggest fan?” I smiled before nodding my head. “When I land an audition, Are you going to go to auditions?” He questioned me as he started to drive off.

“Eventually, Once I finish school, I don’t think my English teacher would like me missing his lessons, Mr. Jonas is pretty passionate about it.” Nick turned to me when I said Mr. Jonas. He laughed and nodded his head.

“Maybe after then?”

“Maybe.”