‹ Prequel: Second Chances
Status: On hiatus

Only Time Will Tell

Welcome To The World

Pulling up on the driveway and cutting the engine, Brian let out a deep sigh as he rested his head on the back of his seat for a moment. He was physically and mentally exhausted. All of the band were pushing themselves to the very limits rehearsing for the upcoming tour that would accompany the new album, which was to be realeased in a few short weeks. If they were just rehearsing, it wouldn't be so bad. However, in between sessions, there was a never ending stream of magazine, tv and radio interviews to be dealt with.

Answering the same questions regarding the album and tour was becoming very old very fast, and Brian was beginning to feel as though he was spending his days on autopilot. There was only one thought that got him through the long hours of each passing day, and that was Janey. 

In the two months that they'd been married, Brian had never felt more happy or content than he had during that time, and it was something that only grew stronger. During rehearsals, the guys always knew when he was thinking about Janey, by the apparently idiotic grin that would spread across his face.

Matt was the only one who gave him a hard time over it, telling him to concentrate more on the job at hand. But then Matt was still the only one who was pissed off at not being invited to the wedding. Zacky and Johnny had gotten over it within a couple of hours. Matt, however, still had a tendency to sulk over it, occassionally muttering under his breath about disrespect to family, or some crazy bullshit. Brian would just shake his head and continue to grin. 

As Brian got out the car, the grin faded a little. He'd promised to take Janey out to dinner that evening, yet right now all he wanted to do was spend the night snuggled up on the couch with her watching television. The one thing he hated to do was let her down, but hopefully she'd understand. Opening the front door, Brian was greeted by silence. He frowned slightly. Janey was home, her car was parked up, and normally there'd be either music or the television on in the background. 

"Janey? Where are you babygirl?" 

When he was met with no response, Brian headed upstairs, wondering if she was in the shower. Reaching their bedroom door, Brian smiled to himself. Laying on her side in the middle of their bed, Janey slept peacefully. Her hair was damp from the shower, and what she wore told Brian she'd attempted to get ready for their evening. Brian kicked off his shoes and carefully lowered himself onto the bed next to her. He brushed some of the hair away from her face, his thumb stroking her cheek as he did so. Janey stirred, her eyes flickered opened, a small smile gracing her lips. 

"Hey," she whispered, her voice groggy from sleep. 

"Hey yourself sleeping beauty," Brian replied with a smirk.

Janey stretched, unable to conceal the yawn that followed. She moved in closer to Brian, her head resting on his chest, wrapping an arm around him. 

"I know you wanted to take me out tonight, but would you mind if we stayed home?" she asked softly. 

"I was gonna suggest the same thing," Brian told her, kissing the top of her head. "It's been a long ass day, and I'm beat. But we both have a day off tomorrow, so maybe we can do something then instead."

Brian ran a hand along Janey's thigh, his fingers slipping underneath the side strings of the thong she wore.

"Although, it's an awful shame to let this little number got to waste," he murmured.

"I thought you said you were beat."

"Well then you Mrs.Haner, shouldn't lay sprawled across our bed wearing something that quite frankly makes me want to fuck you senseless."

"I was hardly sprawled," Janey pointed out.

"Maybe you should make a note of that, and remember to be waiting for me in such a position next time I come home from a hard day's work," Brian suggested, rolling Janey onto her back. 

Brian ran his fingers over the front of the black corset.

"And wear something that does up at the front," he mumbled. 

Janey giggled, sitting up slightly to undo her top. Brian slipped the straps from her shoulders, discarding the top to the floor. As he leaned in to kiss her, he felt the vibration of his phone going off in his pocket. 

"Ignore it," he murmured against her lips, gently caressing her breast.

His phone stopped, only for the phone by the bed to start ringing. Brian groaned.

"I swear if that's Sanders, I'm going to pull every motherfucking hair of that fucking dumb hawk out of his neanderthilic head with a pair of pliers!" he growled, pulling away from Janey.

"Neanderthilic? Is that even a word?" she questioned with a grin. 

"Oh hush!" he huffed, reaching over to grab the phone.

"What!" he barked at the caller. "Shit! Okay bro, calm down. Are you sure?"

Janey sat up, the change in Brian's tone.

"Dude, that's disgusting....don't worry, we'll be there as soon as we can." 

Brian hung up, looking over at Janey.

"As much as it pains me to say it, you'd better get dressed. That was JB, Beelzebub Junior is on his way." 

Racing through the doors of Anaheim General, Brian held Janey's hand tightly as they found their way to the maternity ward. Brian smirked down at Janey at the sight of JB pacing nervously up and down the corridor. 

"Jason, you do realise that you're actually supposed to be inside the room with the pregnant woman who's about to have the son of Satan explode out of her uterus right?"

JB's head snapped round in their direction at Brian's words, relief washing over his face. 

"She kicked me out for getting on her nerves, she won't let me back in unless I have Janey with me," Jason admitted sheepishly. 

"How's she doing?" Janey asked. Jason ran his hands through his hair.

"Last thing the doc said before I left was that she was almost 10 centimeters and that the head was crowning...whatever the fuck that means. I dunno if I can go back in there...it's gonna be gross I know it is," he mumbled, his features paling at the very thought of it.

Brian's lips grazed Janey's ear.

"The guy can shit in a bun, yet the miracle of birth freaks him out," he snickered quietly. Janey tried to stem her laughter as she turned to look at her husband.

"I'd better get him back in there," she murmured, reaching up to kiss him "And try and get hold of Matt again, the last thing we want is him banging on about being the last to know about something again."

Brian nodded, kissing her one final time before she disappeared down the corridor, dragging Jason with her.

Janey stood at one side of the bed, holding Mikki's hand as another contraction gripped hold of her. The last twenty minutes she'd been in the room had appeared to drag, baby Berry not quite ready to greet the world just yet. Janey glanced over at Jason, his face contorted with worry at how things had slowed down. Both Janey and the doctor had tried to reassure him that everything was fine, yet Janey knew that until his son was in his arms, he wasn't going to stop panicking. Janey watched as Jason brushed the perspiration drenched hair away from Mikki's forehead so he could place a gentle kiss there, smiling to herself at the tenderness of his actions.

"Ok Michaela, I think this little man's just about ready to say hi," Dr.Walker announced with a grin. 

Mikki gave an exhausted smile,then looked up at Janey.

"Don't leave til it's all over," she begged. Janey laughed.

"Babe, I'm not going anywhere, but Jason's here too and....." 

Janey stopped mid sentence as the thud of Jason hitting the floor interupted her. She looked over at Doctor Walker, who smirked at the sight he'd witnessed countless times. 

"Just give me one second," she told Mikki as she made for the door. She quickly stepped out and sprinted to the waiting room, glad to see that the others had joined Brian. They all looked at her expectantly. 

"Matty, we need to get Jason out of there, he's out cold," her statement met with a roar of laughter from her friends.

"Want me to help?" Brian asked.

They headed back for the room, Brian going to help Matty pick up his brother.

"Haner, get your non-existant ass over here and hold my other damn hand!" Mikki hissed. 

Brian didn't hesitate and stood on the opposite side to Janey, wrapping his hand around Mikki's. He looked at Janey whispering words of encouragement to her friend, a smile appearing on his lips as he felt his heart swell with pride at how controlled and calm his wife was with the situation. She glanced over at him and grinned at the look of pain on his face as Mikki squeezed their hands tightly.

"Fingers Mikki," Brian groaned "I kinda need them."

"I'm sure you can use your other hand to please your wife!" she barked. 

"I meant that...."

"I know what the fuck you meant, now shut the hell up and let me squeeze!" 

Brian fell silent and watched on as Mikki pushed one final time, the cries of her newborn son soon filling the room. He couldn't help but grin as Mikki took hold of Elijah James Berry in her arms, gently kissing his head.

"That's one totally gross yet beautiful little miracle," he whispered.

Moving round the bed to join Janey, he wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. 

"What do you say to us getting ourselves one of those Mrs.Haner?" he murmured.

"I say that's something we can consider," Janey replied, knowing it's what she wanted more than she'd ever admit. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to wait another day or so before posting this first chapter, but after seeing that the story already had 62 subscribers without there having been a single word posted, I figured maybe holding out wasn't such a good idea :)

You guys are awesome :) xx