‹ Prequel: Second Chances
Status: On hiatus

Only Time Will Tell

We're Going To Be Just Fine

Janey stood on the other side of the glass booth where Brian and Matt were giving an interview for a local radio station, shaking her head and laughing at the faces Brian was pulling at her through the glass, not concentrating at all on what the deejay was asking him. Janey had been on the road with the guys for a couple of days now, and Brian's antics today were typical of how he had been the entire time. Sure, they had talked about what was happening with Janey, but had decided that for a few days they just wanted to take some time to let the news sink in. Brian's main mission since then had been to ensure that Janey had a smile on her face, and that her days were filled with laughter. He was hellbent that this was not going to bring either of them down, and seeing Janey smile was all Brian needed to get him through the day.

"Are you sure he wasn't sniffing at the tequila bottle before we left?"

Janey looked up at Zacky and grinned, resting her head on his shoulder as he slipped an arm around hers.

"He's a crazy fool that's for sure," Janey replied, turning her attention back to the booth just in time to catch Brian making a suggestive motion with his tongue "And that's just one of the many reasons why I love him," she added.

"Just as well, seeings as you were fool enough to marry his crazy ass," Zacky stated, nudging Janey with his hip to let her know he was kidding.

"Well, I figured it was in the interests of public safety that I took him off the market," Janey joked back.

She glanced back up at Zacky.

"So, how come the rest of you are out here and not in there?" she asked "I thought this was meant to be a group interview."

"It was," Zacky began "but last time we did a group interview here, the fans went mad calling in and the phonelines went into meltdown, so they decided to only have a couple of us this time round. Suits me fine, gets a little monotonous answering the same questions day in day out."

Janey nodded, knowing Brian felt the same at times.

"Anyway, how are you feeling today sweetheart?" Zacky enquired, his tone softening to one of concern.

From the moment Janey and Brian had explained to the rest of the guys just why she had flown out early to join them, each of them made sure they enquired how she was feeling each day, and telling her that if she didn't feel good and Brian wasn't around for any reason, all she had to do was holler. Janey felt blessed to have such wonderful friends.

"Pretty good actually. Felt a little uncomfortable last night, but Brian just got up with me, and we sat and watched a movie til I'd cooled down. I felt a little bad, he was wiped out last night after the show."

"Janey, besides the fact that Gates would have got his ass kicked if he hadn't of gotten up with you, he just wants to do all he can to let you know you're not alone in this. So if it means getting up at some dumb fucking hour and sitting with you til it passes, then he's gonna do it....tired or not. And you should never feel bad, even he'd tell you that."

"I know," Janey whispered, knowing Zacky was right.

They stood in silence a while, finally hearing the deejay end the interview. Matt and Brian shook hands with him and made their way back out to where everyone was waiting for them.

"Baker, get your grubby little paws off my wife," Brian growled, only for his face to break into a grin.

"All the ladies want a piece of Vengeance, can't help that my friend," Zacky replied, winking at Janey as he slid his arm away, allowing Brian to embrace her.

"Right, we're heading off to find somewhere to grab some lunch before soundcheck," Matt announced "Give Janey and Brian some alone time."

"Ooooh, Gates wants some sexy time!" Johnny exclaimed.

"Mmmhmm, sure do," Brian murmured, cupping Janey's face in his hands as he kissed her.

"At least wait til you get to the damn bus!" Jimmy yelled.

"Well if you stick around James, you may learn a thing or two," Brian stated, not taking his eyes off Janey.

"Bastard" Jimmy mumbled as Zacky ushered him down the corridor.

"Alright! That's enough!" Matt warned "We'll see you two later......just make sure you're done by the time we get back," he added with a shudder as he followed the others.

"Can't make any promises," Brian whispered to no one in particular, kissing Janey again.

"Pretty sure of yourself there aren't we Gates?" Janey questioned with a smirk.

"It's your fault woman, you drive me crazy," he growled, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder, smacking her ass.

"Hey!" she exclaimed.

"Oh hush! You love it!"

***************************************************

Brian lay beside Janey in the bunk, both of them trying to steady their breathing. He shivered slightly at the feel of Janey's nails tracing invisble patterns on his back, her arm slung casually over his waist. Running his long fingers through her slightly damp hair, Brian pressed his lips to Janey's forehead, gazing back down at her, a soft smile appearing.

"You ok B?" Janey asked softly.

"Mmmhmmm, was just thinking that's all," he replied.

"Hey, you wanna watch that, that can be dangerous you know," Janey joked.

Brian lowered his lips onto her shoulder, nipping at her skin lightly.

"I should be offended by that, but seeings as I love you, I'm willing to overlook it," he told her, linking his fingers through hers.

"So, what's on your mind?" Janey probed.

Brian cleared his throat before answering, almost as if he was a little unsure he should mention it.

"I know we kinda agreed not to talk about it too much for now, but I've been thinking about when we have a week's break from the tour."

"Ok..what about it?" Janey asked, not quite sure where Brian was going with this.

"Well, you would have had the other tests done by then, and the final results right?"

Janey thought for a moment, trying to figure out dates.

"Yes, we should know for definite by then. Why?"

"Well, and this is entirely up to you of course, but I was wondering if it might be worth us spending some time that week looking into our options, finding out a little bit more about what's availbale to us out there. You know, go speak to Dr.Sommers, maybe even look into the adoption process a little more deeply."

Janey didn't answer right away. She lay there studying the man who lay next to her, wondering if it was physically possible to actually love him any more than she already did. To say that he'd been anything short of amazing through all of this was an understatement, and Brian's determination that this obstacle would not get in the way of them having a family of their own just blew Janey away.

"I think that sounds like something I could go along with," she answered softly.

"You're not just saying that to keep this fool happy?" Brian questioned, needing to know that Janey was absolutely sure it was what she wanted.

"No, I'd really like that," Janey whispered.

Brian raised Janey's hand to his lips, kissing her knuckles gently, trailing his lips a little as he kissed her wrist and along her arm a little way.

"We're going to be just fine babygirl," he murmured "Now what's the time?" he asked, reaching across to look at his phone.

"Why?" Janey questioned.

Brian flipped her onto her back, quirking his eyebrows suggestively.

"Well, Matt did say for us to make sure we were done by the time they got back...so round two it is Mrs.Haner!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments guys :) xx