Status: Sparsly active.

My Guardian Angel.

Preface.

6.o3.2022
3:47 a.m

She is the epitome of perfection. Even now with her black hair matted atop her head, her russet skin faded into a pale yellow and her wide black eyes now cloudy and covered by paper-thin lids. Every part of her body flaunted her Quileute heritage—a body connected to a thousand different tubes all stuck in either her nose or mouth or stuck in her limps. Her breaths might have been shallow and labored, but they breaths of a fighter and there was no denying it. It was hard to believe that she only had two hours to live, and that was said an hour ago. A blond middle-aged nurse flitted around the room in urgency when one of the many machines she was connected to went haywire while a team of doctors rushed into her room.

All this I took in as my hands and face pressed against the glass of her room. I backed away, collapsing against the hospital wall opposite of her room in the hallway making no effort to conceal my sobs. I felt a warm hand squeeze lightly on my shoulder, when I looked up, I saw the very man who locked me away in this living nightmare.

“No!” Sam gasped reading the hollow expression in my eyes. I was at my feet in a matter of seconds and had his collar scrunched into my left hand, my right was in a tight trembling fist raised to strike him.

I hated Sam, there was no use rejecting that truth now, he ruined my life and now I simply hate him. It was his fault I was what I was; it was his fault that I was condemned to watch her wither away taking my future with it. He was the one who ordered me to stay here with Renesmee when Jacob had to suddenly leave; sure he too looked like he was experiencing a mental breakdown, but his bad call caused that to make three of us. If Sam had sent me with the pack instead of sending Seth, I wouldn’t be back for at least another two hours and I would never had set eyes on the doomed life before me, I would never had to face gaining the most important person in my life just to lose her two hours later.

“Uch-hm,” I heard the nurse from her room cleared her throat behind me, I turned my head enough to face her without relaxing my stance, “Her condition has stabilized, would you like to visit her?” I let go of Sam’s collar and collapsed into him in disbelief, tears once again spilling from my eyes—this time tears of relief mingling with those of joy.

When the nurse allowed us into the room I walked over to her bed, the tubes now removed and her chest movements now light and steady. “She’s beautiful,” Jacob said smiling faintly.

“No,” I contradicted stroking the back of her hand softly, “she’s breathtaking—a fighter to the core. And the doc said she wouldn’t make it.” I laughed incredulously at her will power.

The nurse that had been on duty now came up behind me, “Would the proud father now like to hold his daughter?” Jacob’s face betrayed the stab of pain and astonishment he felt, before it settled back into its regular calm expression.

“Go ahead Embry,” he nodded. I wanted to refuse, he should have been the first to hold her, or Nessie for that matter, their blood was what mingled and now pulsed through her veins, but an edge of alpha authority radiated in his voice and I could not refuse.

I rubbed her small forehead against my own and moved my face upward as I slowly brought hers down, causing her small button nose to gently trail down mine until I was able to gently press her blossomed lips lightly against mine. When I was through I cuddled her soft cheeks which now were gaining a rose tint to them against my own. “Aurelia,” I whispered in her ear, “I love you.” She surprised me by letting opening her mouth ever so slightly and letting out a soft yawn. “Jacob?” I asked offering his little bundle of joy to him. A faint smile appeared on his lips as he examined her with the same fatherly affection. I watched as he counted her fingers and toes ensuring she had 10 of each set of digits and I counted along with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's new. I like Embry; I kinda want to get on with his story—you know, finding his dad and crap. Comment and rate?