Status: Sparsly active.

My Guardian Angel.

o6.

5.26.2036

When I returned for school on Monday, English was pretty much a free period. Minus the fact that we have an assignment. For English, we were given the great honor of looking up the family trees of the most important people you know.

Thankfully, Grandpa Billy kept the old journals of his father and grandfathers, and had taken the liberty of writing out a simpler tree; I'd have to remind myself to bring him a cake for that. When I got home, the family tree had several symbols, lines and members on the page. A solid line meant immediate family, a slash symbolized marriage, a dotted line was another way of saying a couple, but not married. Then, there were the few odd colours—very few members of my family tree were written in red ink, whereas the rest were black; example being, my father written in red ink.

The tree starts with Jacob Black; my great-great-great-great-great grandfather (this isn't a lie) and his wife, Alice Fox. They had two children; Joanna and Joseph Black. Joanna married a man named Lape Huautah, and had two baby girls named Lorraine and Alice Huautah. Lorraine never married, however along the way of life, Jared ended up being a part of her family, and married Kim, meaning that Krys was somehow a part of mine. Alice married Caleb Uley. Joseph, however, married Jane Clearwater, who was the sister of Moses Clearwater. Joseph and Jane have four kids; Dorothy, Ephraim and the twins, Debrah and Susanah. Ephraims name was written in the red ink. Ephraim married Martha Young, and together they had three kids; William Black Sr, and twins, Mary and Jane Black. William married Judith Oerterson, and together they had five kids.

I stopped and rubbed my eyes; seriously, my family had a bad case of sexual addiction.

Anyway, Will and Judith had Nora, William "Billy" Jr., the twins Connie and Jennie and then Emmie Black. Connie, one of the twins, married Kevin Littlesea, and they had Collin. Billy married Sarah, my deceased grandmother, and they had three kids—Auntie Becca, Aunt Rachel and Dad, Jacob Black. Rachel married Paul, and they had Nate, Josh, Mike and Lily (Josh and Mike were twins). Auntie Becca married Solomon Finan, and they had no kids. Dad and Mom had Asher and I.

Asher and I were twins; fraternal twins, but still twins.

My family has major issues with twins, too, apparently. Something dark settled inside me and I secretly hoped that I would break the jean and not have twins.

Another family I wanted to look up was Embry's. He never really talked about his childhood, or his family. So when I confronted him about it, he turned pale and looked almost.. angry?

"I'd like to help, but unfortunately, my mother never kept track of our histories."

The next day, I didn't feel like looking up Nate's, or Dan's, so instead I went peeping through the attic and basement, looking for any sign of family on my mother's side. I couldn't find much, other then an article posted in the paper about a beautiful marriage that took place August 13th, 2006. The picture used showed a gorgeous woman, hair pulled up, eyes darkly lined with makeup. Her skin was free of any blemishes, and looked neatly polished. She was fairly short for a woman, but looking lean and graceful, and her cheeks were filled with a lovely pink blush.

The wedding was addressed in honor of Isabella Marie Swan and Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. Under the article clipping was the laminated invitation. I wondered by I hadn't heard about this Isabella, or Edward. I didn't exactly plan on asking mom or dad, so instead I visited Embry's apartment.

When the door swung open, Embry stood in a pair of comfortable looking sweatpants, rubbing his droopy eyes. "Hey, Emb." I smiled, clutching the bag at my side.

"Aura?" He asked, leaning forward against the threshold with his elbow, "What the hell are you doing?"

I pinched my mouth together for a moment, then looked down, "I have a favour to ask."

"A favour?" He straightened up at this, and pulled his brows together, "What.. kind of favour?"

"I-need-a-drive-somewhere kind of favour."

He gestured me inside and rubbed his face tiredly, "Where?"

"The library."

His face lifted, "The library?"

I dropped down onto the couch and folded my legs underneath me, "I need to look up something for History." I wasn't telling the entire truth, but in theory, I was looking up something from years ago, which could account for 'History'.

He glanced at the clock, debated, then sighed, "Wait here." His figure disappeared into the bathroom. Embry's apartment was small—his kitchen was near the door, where as his bedroom on was the opposite side. People called these apartments 'bachelor' apartments. Mainly because the apartment was one room. You had his kitchen, the bathroom, and then his bed/living room. His large bed sat unkept and messy in the corner, beside the window.

Embry came out wearing a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved grey cotton shirt. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out into the parking lot.

The drive to the library had been silent, apart from little questions about school and Vee. When we arrived, he promised he would be waiting at the Diner just a little up the road. Really, the only reason I wanted to go to the library was because they had computers. I had one, as well, but Asher liked to look through, and I couldn't risk him finding out and asking about it.

I flicked the computer on, and watched as it sprung to life. I took my time, jotting notes about the couple, where the wedding took place, the entire article almost summarized in my own words before I took the time to go through the old newspaper articles, seeing if I could find any follow up news on the pair. Unfortunately, I didn't, but I did, however, come across an article based on a series of teen disappearances. And another one about wild animal killings. I know I vowed to not confront mom or dad about any of this—but curiosity killed the cat, and I was dying to know why Forks and La Push were so.. deadly.

I was just about to close the large binder, then a tiny section of the headliner caught my attention:

Quileute 'Cult' Turns Into Town Heros.

And what I saw in the image was far from normal. Was far from possible—it's was impossible! I didn't bother googling it. I didn't bother ignoring it. I ripped the page, right from it's place and bolted from the silent library. The librarian followed along behind me, yelling, screaming. When I ran, it was as if I couldn't move my legs fast enough. It became difficult to breathe—my mind was torn between actually facing this, or pretending that it didn't happen.

Sure enough, I burst into the Diner, and stumbled over to where Embry sat, drinking a coffee contently.

"What's this?" I demanded. I was shocked by how mean I sounded. I scared myself. I wasn't normally like this—I wasn't normally wanting and demanding in anyway, because I knew not to pry.

"What is what?" He was shocked, too.

I slammed the article onto the table in front of him, "This!"

His gaze swept over the page until he finally settled on the enlarged image sitting in the corner. "Where did you find this?" He breathed, worried eyes moving over the page again.

"The library—are you going to explain this to me? Tell me how this is even possible. How Paul, or Jared, or Seth, or Leah, or Sam, or Dad, or you still look the exact same as you did almost thirty years ago!"

He stood, paper clutched in his hand, "Aura, please, we have to leave now—"

When I tried to move away from him, he grabbed my wrist tightly and pulled me to him. He ignored the shouting librarian, ignored the staring witnesses in the Diner and ignoring my protesting. He pushed me into the car, and drove off away from Forks—paper still clutched tightly in his large hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFOMFOMFOMF. <3
comments anyone? ;)
xoxo, aliyah