Status: one-shot; completed

Meow

trick or treat

“Are you done yet?” Muffles of protest responded. “Kankuro, you’ve been in there for all eternity, what are you even doing?” The impatient girl snipped back and gripped the doorknob. “Hurry, hurry, hurry.” There was no audible response. “Kankuro?” She knocked on the door twice. “Oi! Kankuro?” Her face paled.

“Don’t get your panties in a knot Tara, I’m done.”

Tara immediately jerked the door open, more than eager to his guise – or lack of. “You didn’t dress up as… anything.” Her voice grew tiny with disappointment, a pout endearing her sad features. Kankuro simply grinned.

“I did,” he said with pride, his eyes gleaming with hidden mischief.

She raised an eyebrow in an enquiring manner. “You’re dressed in black with purple whisker marks on your face.”

“Yeah, isn’t that a disguise?” He teased, knowing all too well what she meant.

“You’re supposed to dress up. I dressed up as a neko, see?” she pointed at her fake cat ears and hanging tail.

“Cute.” He winked at her and gave her a look over. “I love the mini skirt, just so you know.” She was too flustered to answer properly, her mumbles saying something between ‘thank you’ ‘you pervert’ and ‘kittens’. He simply laughed and stretched his hand, a leash loosely grasped. “Here, grab that. That’s my disguise.” His grin was the exact image of a daredevil.

“A leash?” She asked bemused, inspecting the black leash before tugging it to see where it led. To her very own shock, Kankuro stumbled closer, inches away from her. Kankuro smirked and pulled back his hood, revealing a pair of cunningly hidden mouse ears. “A mouse…” she whispered nervously.

He took a step forward and innocently twirled a strand of her hair on his finger. “Hmm, your mouse.” He wrapped his loose arm around her waist, closing in whatever was left of distance between them. “I promise I won’t bite,” he chuckled against her forehead, inhaling that delicious vanilla scent he loved so much.

Tara clutched the black fabric of his ‘costume’ her breaths even and deep. His cologne was intoxicating and alluring, a sudden urge to stay there overcoming whatever plans she had before that. She could feel how he breathed, how he moved, how he talked. It was mesmerizing. “Kankuro…” she said in a hushed tone. “Temari is waiting… and…”

His lips brushed over her eyelid, causing her to close her eyes. “I don’t care about Temari…” he lowered his lips slowly, trailing kisses over her cheeks and nose until they were a breath away from her lips. “Trick or treat, Tara.”

“I don’t…” she fluttered her eyes open, staring into his tantalizing gaze. She gasped with the proximity, stumbling over her words. “… candy. I don’t…” she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, as if his very being took her breath away.

He brushed his lips against hers, putting slight pressure before pulling away. “That means I get to trick you.” His grin broadened, and he leaned forward, this time, properly kissing the flustered girl.

She sighed breathlessly. “Oh… meow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
For my senpai, Tara. :3