Status: Finished

Can We Pretend That Airplanes in the Night Sky Are Like Shooting Stars?

One And Only

Two weeks... It had been two weeks since he last saw him. It was in one of the many parties that they went. It had nothing special, just another party with crazy girls and on-steroids boys, but that night, some sense finally knocked in him and he finally saw his best friend for years in a different point of view. His ever were greener and brighter than all of the emeralds. His cure nose fitted him perfectly. The way he changed his hair color and style like a depressed woman was unique to him. His voice and laughter, ah, they could drive him crazy easily. He wanted to hear his moans, screams and pleases. He wanted him to beg him for more. All of these years, all of the feelings he had were not as friendly as he thought. Day by day, he fell in love with him, without realizing. He was that blind. Brian Haner was the blindest person alive.

And Zachary Baker also agreed with this statement. For all these years, he tried to make Brian realize that he liked him. He tried every way, expect telling Brian that he liked him. No, he loved him. And also Zachary Baker thought that Brian Haner was dumb for not realizing.

Two weeks… Two weeks since Zachary Baker said “Good bye” to him. At that point, Brian just wanted to kiss him and ravish him at there. However, he didn’t… He couldn’t… There was no way that Zachary would be gay, yet even bi. He always flirted with girls… But Brian’s feelings were unbearable that night. All of the emotions he held inside were like a waterfall. He had to talk with him, he had to see him and he had to tell him how he felt. That night. With a sudden outburst, he left his house without looking what he was wearing. He didn’t even use his car, he just ran and ran until he reached Zachary’s house.

He knocked the door slowly, but no answer came. He knocked again, harder this time. Still there was nothing. He tried to listen inside of the house through the door, but there was no sound. Brian suddenly got worried. Zachary had to be at home at that hour. He would have told Brian if he went out for partying or anything.

“Maybe he is asleep,” thought Brian, “Then it’s even better! I will tie him up and have my way.”

He knocked the door, for the last time, then broke down the door and a loud sound interrupted the silent symphony of the night.

“Shit! I probably woke him up. He won’t be pleased,” thought Brian, but there was no movement in the house. So he slowly started to look around. He looked for Zachary in the kitchen, in the living room, in the bedroom, even in the bathroom but there was no Zachary Baker. However, there was something in the bathroom. The bathroom window was open. And he knew where Zachary was, on the roof. He carefully climbed the stairs which were next to the bathroom window and as he pulled himself up, he saw Zachary. He was holding beer and cigarette in his hands.

“I thought you stopped smoking,” said Brian as he walked to Zachary.

Zachary turned around. He was not afraid. He knew his voice so well that he could recognize it even a crowded room.

“I thought, I did, too,” said Zachary trying to sound calm. Why was Brian there? What did he want?

“Then why are you smoking? It is bad for you.”

“Sometimes you cannot help it. It is a need,” answered Zachary. A silence fell upon them. Brian looked at Zachary to see what he was doing. Zachary’s face was turned to the sky and he was examining it carefully. Brian looked at the sky, too, but he couldn’t see anything interesting or different.

“Can we pretend that,” asked Zachary, “ airplanes in the night sky are shooting stars?”

“I don’t think we can. I mean the airplanes may believe that they are shooting stars and they may crash in some place and people may die. Do you want to risk it?” answered Brian.

Zachary chuckled. He knew Brian was not making fun of him. He was always childish like that, but this was why he loved Brian.

“Why did you ask that?” asked Brian curiously.

“I could really use a wish right now,” whispered Zachary.

“Why? I mean you have everything you want.”

Zachary only sighed. “If only you knew,” he thought.

“You know, I am letting you to do it,” said Brian.

“Huh?”

“Here,” he pointed to some place, “ There is a airplane. Now close your eyes and grant a wish.”

“Won’t someone die?” asked Zachary jokingly.

“It doesn’t really matter, if you are happy, Zacky,” said Brian and looked away blushing.

Zachary closed his eyes for a few seconds and opened them again to see that Brian’s face was only a few centimeters away from his.

“So, what did you wish for?”

“You know, you are not supposed to say your wish. It won’t come in to reality.”

“That is for birthday wishes and real shooting star wishes! This was an airplane wish! You can say it!” explained Brian like an expert, but Zachary continued to be silent.

“Why did you come here tonight, Brian?”

“I can go if you want to,” said Brian sadly and raised from his seat, but he felt something warm on his wrist.

“I didn’t mean that,” Zachary whispered and pulled Brian down. Brian sat down again, but Zachary’s hand didn’t move. They were silent again.

“If you still want to know,” started Brian, “I came here because I missed you.”
“Here we go,” thought Brian, “There is no turning back now.”

“You, you missed me?” asked Zachary unbelievingly.

“Of course I did. I missed talking with you, I missed seeing you. I needed to come here,” said Brian. He was afraid that Zachary could hear his heartbeat.

When Zachary didn’t say anything, Brian continued. “And I needed to tell you… I needed to tell you some things. I know you wouldn’t feel the same, but I cannot hold them anymore. I… I think… I may… Well I… Ilikeyou.”

Those seconds after his confession were the longest seconds. He was not facing Zachary anymore, he was looking at the sky just to find another airplane.

“Oh,” was the only thing Zachary could say. However, inside of him, that years Rio Carnival was happening. The words he wanted to hear were finally said. Then he realized that he didn’t say anything.

Brian was on the brick of crying. He knew it was going to be like this, but he couldn’t calculate how hard it will hit him. He wanted to jump off from the roof, but his body was not accepting any of his commends.

“Bri, do you still want to know what I wished for?” asked Zachary. “For you.”

Brian felt like there was electricity in his body and he faced Zachary again. “Really?” he asked with the face of the kid who had an early Christmas. Zachary laughed at his face and got closer to him. Brian pulled his body closer and Zachary rested his head in his chest. He was able to listen Brian’s heart.

“Yes,” he whispered softly and let his emotions go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another crappy one shot. I'm sorry for wasting your time...