Status: updates are slow, but they're updates. ^_^

Sanity's Left Us All Blind

Egg McMuffins

"You fucking bitch! Get your ass over here!"
I cowered back into the corner, trying to avoid his belt. It hurt so bad...
"Damnit, you're such an inconsiderate bitch! Don't you know what I've done for you?" The belt made contact with my back. I shrieked, but tried to keep quiet. If I was loud, I'd get beat even worse. "Yeah, you better bet that hurt!" Slap - my head that time. I couldn't help but scream at that one.
"Daddy, please! Stop it!" I begged. I knew it wouldn't help me, but I had to try.
"Shut your mouth. You're not my fucking daughter. She wouldn't be such a disgrace." Slap, slap, slap. Right across my stomach. "There. Go cry in your room. And tell anybody about it, I'll fucking murder you." He casually slipped his belt back on and dragged me by my hair out of his room.
"Ember! Ember! Are you okay?" A voice asked. I was confused. "Wake up, Em." I opened my eyes to find very worried green ones looking back.
"Zack?"
"Yeah, Em, It's me. What the hell just happened?"
I shook my head, trying to ward off tears. "Really bad dream," I said as calmly as I could.
"I'll say. You were screaming for somebody to stop. What was going on?"
"I'd rather not talk about it."
Something flashed across Zacky's face, but I couldn't make it out. I hugged him to make him feel better.
"Do you always hug people for no reason?" he asked, chuckling.
"No," I replied honestly. "I just like you," I admitted.
He hugged me back. "I like you too, Em."
"What time is it?" I asked.
"Uh, 9:45."
Oh shit. Did my mom see us?
"Don't worry, your mom left at 6 and used the back door," Zacky informed me, as if reading my mind.
I sighed and closed my eyes. I felt so right here in his arms. His heartbeat was like a lullaby to me. Even his smell made me feel alive. I was disappointed when he pulled away.
"I'm hungry, you want something?"
He was pulling a coat on.
"Where are you going?"
"McDonald's, where else?"
I laughed at his remark. "Get me an Egg McMuffin. No, fuck that. I'm coming with you." I grabbed a brush out of my bag and ran it through my hair. "Ready."
"Really? Okay." He pulled me close to him and led me to his car next door. He opened the door like any gentleman would.
We drove up PCH until we found a McDonald's. "Eat in or take out?" he asked me.
"Hmm, let's take the drive thru. Maybe we could go eat on the beach?" I proposed. He nodded eagerly and ordered for us. I didn't like the beach, I just liked being alone with Zacky.
"I'm going to take you to the best place I know on the beach," Zacky said once we were back on the road. We drove for about ten minutes until he pulled over by a stairway that led to the sand.
Zacky grabbed our food and started down the steps, me following closely behind. This wasn't a sandy beach, but much more rocky. He settled on a large rock and patted next to him. I sat down and began eating.
"You eat like a fucking pig," he commented.
"Oh, thanks."
"Uhm, yeah, look, Em, I gotta tell you something."
"Go on."
"I've only known you for two days, but I really like you. A lot. Oh, fuck this. I'll show you what I mean." He grabbed my Egg McMuffin and set it down.
His lips crashed into mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, 2 updates, ow ow. (:
I'm sorry that the chapters are so short. Oh well.
Hope you liked it. (: