Love Will Bring You Back

Dream Big

Hope. That’s what Kelsey was feeling as she drove down the road. Each mile she pushed forward more and more signs of civilization appeared. Where she was now long stretches of untouched trees added color next to the black pavement. Soon after farmers fields emerged, each growing a different crop; corn, potatoes, wheat. They also had different animals; cows, horses, pigs, chickens, turkey’s.

I wonder how big this town is. Kelsey thought to herself. Back home there was only one farmer, and on his farm he only had two animals cows and chickens with maybe a small vegetable garden if he was lucky. Anything else came on a truck every two weeks to the local farmers market, and that’s where you got everything you could possibly need.

A little further past the farms a wooden sign stood tall and looking weathered, it read “welcome to George County” In the background it looked like someone had hand painted a picture- even from this painting she could tell it was bigger- from when the town was first founded, she assumed it was by a man named George.

Five minutes past the welcome sign Kelsey could see buildings and houses. Since no one was on the road both in front and behind her she eased off the gas peddle and took it all in. On both sides of her new housing projects where being developed, they weren’t anything like they had back home, these ones were huge two stories with a basement and garage, nice big windows to let lots of natural light in. They were the kinds of houses you saw in a magazine or in the movies. Inside must be gorgeous and open. That’s the kind of house I want one day. She thought.

As she continued on she noticed that the town was up to date with new restaurants and big name stores, they even had street and traffic lights; as to oppose stops signs in which people always took to long to go or just plain old generous. She noticed though when she came to a red light that they still kept some of the old, to her right stood a wooden post with little beams in the shape of an arrow with what was in that direction engraved in the wood. Something about it made her smile. This was a place she could see herself living for a very long time.

As the sun was no longer visible and the street lights were vibrating with life Kelsey knew that she needed to find somewhere so sleep let alone eat and shower.