Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Who Invited Him?

So Tanner was coming here tonight to have dinner because he and Kylee had a bet…she lost.I think she did it on purpose…just kidding. I decided I should come for dinner as well so I hung around and waited for Tanner. I had to see what he looked like, it’s just what little sisters do!

My dad and I were hanging in the living room, drawing up a design for a new track when the doorbell rang. He started to get up but I stopped him.

“I’ll get it dad, I want to,” I smiled as I walked over to the door.

I smiled at Tanner who was dressed very nicely. aw someone wants to look good for my big sis.

“Kylee! Tanner’s here,” I said with a slight giggle in my voice.

My sister immediately came out of the kitchen and walked straight to Tanner, giving him a hug. Aw how sweet.

“It’s smelling good in here,” He told her.

“I’m working really hard for you. You better appreciate it!” She told him as another knock on the door came. Who would that be?

I figured it was someone for my dad so I walked over to the door while Kylee led Tanner to the living room.

I opened the door to see the last person I expected on the other side of the door. Joshua Grant!

“Hi,” He brightly smiled.

“Um…h.hi,” I nervously stuttered. “Come on in.”

I quickly showed Josh into the living room where my dad and Tanner were then sprinted into the kitchen.

“Who invited Josh?” I shot at Kylee.

“Maybe the amount of love he has for you attracted him here,” She giggled. This is NOT funny!

“Why’d you invite him? Oh my gosh, I want to do such illegal things to you right now!” I threw at her.

I crossed my arms and glared at her but she just smiled her pretty face off and came over, pulling me into a big hug.

“I love you, Kirstie,” I told me.

I let out a sigh before walking out of the kitchen. As I did so I tried making a break for the stairs but my dad called me back.

“Isn’t Josh your guest Kirstie?” My dad said, trying to get me to come over.

“No he’s Kylee’s guest,” I corrected him.

“But he’s your friend,” My Dad went on. “Why don’t you go put on something nice.”

“But dad,” I whined.

“Don’t whine, go,” Dad ordered me.

I let out a huff before walking upstairs to change out of my shorts and tee shirt. I wanted to look nice for Josh without looking like I wanted to look nice for him. I opted for a little nicer top and jeans then went back downstairs.

“Kirstie,” Josh said once my foot hit the bottom step. “You dad just showed me your idea for your new track.”

“Oh yeah,” I shyly smiled. What is up with me? I’m not shy!

“It’s really good. I like how you set it up,” He told me.

“Do you have any input. I mean, you know more about this stuff than me,” I said to him.

“No, I like it. Call me as soon as you get this track up and running, I want to be the first one to try it out,” He grinned.

“I think you need to make a rallycross track here,” Tanner suggested.

“According to Kylee that’s next on the list,” My dad chuckled.

Soon she told us that dinner was ready. Of course, I was sitting next to Josh! I blame this all on Kylee. She ended up getting embarrassed by my dad, that was kinda funny. But after dinner they went out on the gazebo while Josh and my parents and I went into the living room.

“Kirstie, get away from the window!” My mom sternly told me.

“Kylee’s resting her head on Tanner’s shoulder, I bet they’re going to kiss,” I giggled while turning my head to look at them.

“Even if they do, that’s none of your business,” My dad told me. I let out a huff before plopping on the couch next to Josh.

“She’s my sister though,” I told them.

“But you need to respect her privacy,” mom went on.boy, spoil all my fun!

“I actually have something to ask you Kirstie,” Josh started.

“Okay…what is it?” I asked him.

“You met my mechanic, Nate,” he went on and I nodded my head. “Well he’s having some family stuff going on and his family lives in New York so he’s going to be gone for the next few races.”

“And….” I prodded.

“Well, since you’re the best mechanic that I’ve ever seen before, I was kind of wondering if you would fill in for him and be my mechanic for a few races?” Josh asked me.

“Are you serious right now?” I questioned.

“I’m dead serious. But if you don’t want to you don’t have to I just-“ he started but I cut him off.

”I’D LOVE TO!” I squealed while bouncing up and down.

“Great!” He beamed while giving me a hug.

“Aw how cute,” Kylee’s voice rang in my ears as Josh and I quickly parted.

“Shut up!” I laughed while throwing a pillow at her and Tanner. ”I get to be a mechanic for a pro racer!”

“Ooh exciting,” She smiled at me.

AAAHHHH I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS! I never thought this would be happening to me! Even if it is only for a couple races. I get to be a mechanic for ainsanely cute and attractive pro racer!
♠ ♠ ♠
so when Ky and I (haha that rhymed... poet and didn't even know it! lol) i was like, we have to do weezer! cause i'm kinda obsessed with weezer (even though Raditude was lame and Hurley was mediocre) but she was like well, Buddy Holly is my favorite song and i was like I LOVE THAT SONG and today i was listening to it and i was thinking of Josh! haha what could be better? lol
Sorry for my little rant. although you guys are probably used to my random authors notes by now lol

Josh and Kirstie