Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Your BMW?

“Goodbye my wonderful family that I love so much,” I said loudly as I pulled all three of them into a tight hug before I had to leave.

I was off to do my post-X Games thing. It’s hard being a gold and silver medalist, but someone has to do it… That’s why I’m stuck with Tanner all day. Aren’t I just the luckiest girl in the world? Just thinking about it made me want today to be over with… and the next day!

“I can’t believe you’re missing your sister’s first race,” my mom had to drive it into me again.

“I know she’s going to kick butt and is going to be the reason why Josh wins anyway,” I tried to tease, but I really wanted to be there for her.

“I still wish you were there,” she said softly, making me pout at her.

“I’ll make it to…” I tried to think of the next time I would be free and able to make it, but… I couldn’t.

“You’ll make it when you can. I know. I’ve only heard it my whole life,” she sighed.

Well, she makes me feel like the most wonderful sister. Before I could try to give her soothing words, there was a knock on the door. I tried to hurry to get it, but Kirstie just had to turn around to get it. Darn it. Can I run and hide yet?

“Tanner?” Kirstie asked while turning around to send me a look.Someone shoot me.

“Yeah… see you guys later,” I rushed to say, but Kirstie but her arm up right in front of me just before I made it through the door. URG! Kill me now!

“Tanner?” she asked, smiling at me this time.

“That’s my name,” Tanner spoke up with a cute grin. It made me smile.

“You’ve talked so much crap about Josh and I and this guy is picking you up and you except me to say nothing?” she countered.

“We’re going to the same place. It makes sense,” I tried to defend.

“But… Tanner?” she kept going.

“Kirstie, be nice,” our mom said.

“But… but, mom!” she whined.

“Love you guys. Bye!” I said quickly before anything else came out of Kirstie’s mouth that would embarrass me in front of Tanner.

I threw my bag in the backseat of his car and plopped in, sighing as I pulled my sunglasses over my eyes… this is going to be a long day for sure.

“We’re supposed to chill out now. The big contest is over,” he teased once we were on the road.

He was right, but every time I have an awkward moment with my family when he’s around, I always feel awkward around him too. It’s just this huge circle of awkwardness!

“I know,” I sighed, trying to think of an excuse. “Kirstie just has her first race today as Josh’s mechanic and I really wanted to be there for her, but…” I trailed off, shrugging.

“They’ll be more,” he tried to reassure me.

“But I always miss important things with her. It’s always her. I missed her high school graduation for God’s sake. I’m a horrible sister,” I groaned.

“No, you’re not. You’re just a busy girl. I’m sure she understands,” he kept going.

“Yeah, but it doesn’t make it hurt any less for her,” I sighed while looking out the window.

“It’ll be ok, Ky,” he said sweetly while reaching over to give my hand a squeeze.

I wanted to believe him, but… I really should be going to that race right now. But there’s nothing I could do now… and I hated it! I complained to Tanner all day in between interviews. Want to know what he did? He gave me hugs. I thought it was sweet.

“Why am I here?” I mumbled for about the fiftieth time today.

“Because you’re an amazing driver who kicks serious butt at every race she enters,” he smiled down at me while rubbing both of my shoulders.

His comment made my face turn a bright shade of red. I didn’t want him to see, so I nuzzled my face into his chest, making an adorable chuckle come out of him.

“If you want… you can… take my car and go to the race. I’m going to be here until the sun goes down. I’ll just get a cab to my hotel,” he said softly into my ear.

I snapped my head up at him, shocked that those words left his mouth. I’m a car driver… I know how much your car means to you. You don’t let other people drive it, but… Tanner was letting me driver his?

“Your BMW?” I asked, still in shocked.

“Did I drive anything else here?” he asked with a smile on his face. “Don’t scratch her now. I’m trusting you,” he went on while dangling the keys in front of my face.

He was serious. Oh my gosh! I snatched the keys and grabbed each side of his face to leave a kiss on his lips… Whoa, wait… WHAT? I just… did that.

I pulled away from him quickly. And I thought I felt awkward before. Before I could move completely out of his way, his hands come down to waist with our eyes still locked on each other’s.

“I’m… I’m sorry,” I said in nothing above a whisper.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about,” he said with our lips so close to one another’s.

Before I even thought about walking away, he pressed his lips against mine softly. This simple touch made my insides go crazy. When we parted, I couldn’t breathe.

“Um… I should… go,” I stuttered out, having a hard time getting those few words out.

“Uh, yeah… you’re sister,” he replied while taking a few steps back.

I didn’t look back as I left the building. Oh my god… Tanner and I… kissedTWICE! But once I made it out to his car, his familiar scent filled my nose. I smiled and relaxed against the driver’s seat. Whoa smiling… what? No… I just kissed him and I’m… smiling about it. There’s something wrong with me.

As I started his car, I flipped on my calm down music, All Time Low, and started driving to the track where Josh was racing. This smile needs to get off of my face before I get there. I’m usually a happy person, but… not this happy! And I’m in his car. Oh this is going to look wonderfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo-ee-oo, I look just like Buddy Holly. Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore. I don't care what they say about us anyway. I don't care 'bout that.
haha :D love that song

Ky

comment?