Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Oooo, Tanner's Car

“Wow, I can’t remember the last time I was actually at a race,” I said once Josh was getting ready for the final.

“You were at X Games, genius,” Kirstie shot at me, making me roll my eyes.

“That doesn’t count! X Games is pretty pointless. It’s just for the big guns to show off,” I rattled off.

“You’re a big gun,” she said while giggling. I just rolled my eyes.

I happened to glance over at her. Know what she was looking at? JOSH! He was down there stomping around near the start gate. I would say this would be the perfect time to ask how she’s been getting along with the little cutie.

“How was Josh this afternoon?” I asked, making her snap her gaze to me.

“Why?” she asked with her face wrinkled up.

“You seem to be keeping your eyes on him. I mean he’s cute, but… he’s not that cute,” I had to poke.

“And Tanner’s so much cuter,” she countered while rolling her eyes.

“He is,” I sighed, remember what happened before I got here.

“What happened?” she asked, diverting her attention back to me rather quickly.

“Nothing! What makes you assume something happened?” I tried to cover, but… I think I failed. I kind of shot that back at her.

“You’re not acting right! I can’t remember the last time you acted this way… and for a guy,” she said.

“I’m not acting differently! Maybe you just never noticed how I act,” I huffed playfully.

“Look at me and tell me nothing happened,” she kept going.

“Nothing… happened,” I said… and dropped my eyes from her. DARN IT!

“Ha! What happened?” she grinned way too brightly.

“Nothing happened! We had interviews to do, so yeah. Nothing happened,” I tried to drill into her little brain.

“Something happened. You’re going to tell me before the day’s over,” she said just seconds before the race got started.

This shut her up and gave me a few minutes of peace as we watched all the moto boys circling the track. The one that was out in front was Kirstie’s moto boy. I had to smile at how excited she got though. She’s always been this way. I don’t hate motocross, but… it’s not my favorite sport either. Obviously, the auto thing is, but my sister’s involved in motocross now. I should be a bigger fan… and I would if Tanner would stop texting me!

He asked if his baby was ok. Typical man. So I told him it was perfectly fine. His next response, though… I really didn’t know what to say to it. It was only three words, yet it still had the power to rattle my brain.

“I meant you.”

I didn’t have time to think of a response either. While I was texting, Josh had won the race… and I didn’t even know it until Kirstie started shaking me.She’s going to kill me form shaken baby syndrome!

“Ok, Kirstie! I get it! He won! Stop shaking me!” I snapped after a good thirty seconds.

“But he won!” she squealed. “Ah, we have to get down there. Come on!” she went on way too excitedly before she tugged on my arm to get me moving.

She almost knocked my phone out of my hand. If I lost this, I would die!How would I talk to Tanner? And I still need to reply to that last text, but Kirstie keeps pulling me through all these people!

Finally, we made it to Josh who was already being congratulated by the rest of his team. She made her way through them to give Josh a big hug. AW. It made me smile.

While this was going on, my parents made their way over to me. Huge smiles came over them before they gave me a quick hug.

“We’re glad you made it, Ky,” my dad said after we parted.

“I’m glad I did too. Kirsite seems really excited for all of this. I’m happy for her,” I smiled as Josh zoomed past us with Kirstie on the back of his bike.

Crazy kids. The three of us went to Josh’s trailer to wait on him. He came back about a half hour later with Kirstie still on the back of his bike. I smirked up at her until she brought her eyes to mine. Her smile quickly faded. But I wouldn’t tease her in front of Josh.

“Kirstie, I hate to leave, but I have to get going. I have Tanner’s car and I know he’s dying to get it back,” I said once she came over.

“Oooo, Tanner’s car,” she taunted.

“He offered!” I shot at her.

“Oooo, he offered,” Josh had to pipe in.

“You have him in on it too?” I glared at the two.

Of course she just giggled.

“You know I have so many comments about you being on the back of his bike, but I’m the nice sister so I’m going to keep them to myself,” I told her, getting a hey, be nice from my parents.

“You can leave now,” she said while crossing her arms.

“Love you too,” I smiled before walking off.

I think she mumbled something about Tanner, but I just kept walking. Tanner was now Beamer-less. And I think I could fix that.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol i'm not tired of it, Kirstie... I just kind of... expect now. it's you sooo haha :D

comment?