Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Hi

“X GAMES YEAH!” Kirstie and I yelled at the same time as we arrived at X.

Our parents just looked back at us like we were crazy. But we love X Games. We’ve been here so many years before. I’m pretty sure my parents go every year, but with my busy race schedule, the annually Jacobson family trip is one less. But this year it’s all four of us and I’m so excited! We’re going to walk away with two medals to the Jacobsons!

“You know… we should look for Josh,” I said while nudging Kirstie without my parents seeing.I forget how old I am sometimes.

“Josh…” my dad started, making me smirk over at Kirstie.

“Grant,” I replied. “Kirstie made buds with him at the track the other day. I think she should go see if she can find him and say hi… and since I have all those stupid drivers’ meetings, I can’t make sure that happens…” I hinted.

“Ky, we’re not going to force your sister to go find someone just because you want her too,” my mom pipped in.

“But… he’s cute! You should have seen the way they looked at each other,” I groaned while falling into the seat.

No one said anything. Kirstie just looked over and stuck her tongue out at me. Of course I gave it right back. This started a full blown tongue sticking outing war.

“Girls… calm down. Seriously,” our dad said as he shut the truck off.

“But I’m sponsored by Monster. I’m can’t calm down. It looks bad on my sponsors. They can’t sponsor someone who doesn’t use their product and show the effects of it 24/7,” I said… a little too dramatically.

It made Kirstie giggle, but my parents just rolled their eyes. For an added effect, I popped open a new can and took a big swig.Almost spitting half of it out from laughing at the face Kirstie was making. She always makes me laugh when I drink something!

“Well, I’d love to hang and diddle daddle with you guys, but... I have to sit through meetings,” I groaned as we were all standing around, debating about what to do first.

“Ok have fun! I don’t stare at any of the drivers for too long. You’ll lose your focus,” Kirstie teased.

“Have you seen the Rally guys? They’re not that attractive. I’ll give Pastrana the ok, but all the others… just no,” I countered, while rolling my eyes,leaving out another name.

My family just chuckled as I started my journey in search of my pit. When I found it, I literally let out a loud groan. It’s right next to Tanner Foust. This guy and I are always rivals! It never fails. We’re always one/two at every race. It bothers me! I can’t stand the guy.

I think he knows it too. And it brings him great joy to be nice to me. Sometimes I just want to…

“Kylee!” I heard that earth shattering voice.

I cringe and clutch my fists before I turn around and meet the blue eyed gaze of… Tanner Foust. I held in another groan as he came next to me and slung an arm around my shoulders.

“What’s up?” he asked way too excitedly with a huge grin,allowing his dimples to push through.

“Nothing,” I replied quickly.

“Aw, come on. When’s the last time I saw you? Last week? Something has to have happened. I mean… you’re here so…” he trailed off.

I just groaned as we continued to walk to the drivers’ meeting. Of course, Tanner took it upon himself to make sure we sat next to each other. Remind me to push him into the wall during Rallycross. That little Rockstar car is so getting it when we’re on the track.

Thankfully the meeting got started… and I was so bored. They always say the same thing at these stupid things. I resisted my urges to slam my head onto the table and knock myself out.

Tanner started writing stuff on a paper we had for notes. Like I take notes at these dumb things. But after a few moments, he slid the paper over, trying to be secretive. I couldn’t stop from rolling my eyes as I looked down at it.

“Hi,” it said with a smiley face next to it.

It made me smile though. I shook my head as I wrote a response. A simple hey seemed appropriate. I watched as his smile came over his face and started scribbling away on the paper.

“I hope you like the sight of the rear end of my car. You’ll be seeing a lot of it in the next few days,” his cocky response said.

“Oh, really? That’s why I won last weekend huh?” I countered.

“Luck,” was his one word response.

We continued this for the rest of meeting. We covered his paper and mine. Thankfully the people stopped talking before we ran out or we might have to resort to writing on hands.

Once we could finally leave, I tried to hurry off to find my family, but Tanner came up and hooked his arm around me again. What is with him?

“What are you doing now?” he asked as we slowly walked along with the people.

“Going to find my family… without you,” I added a little rudely.

“I want to meet them. I bet they’ll love me,” he grinned in a cheesy way.

“Um…” I started, but he hurried me off.

Like he knows where they are. Heck, I barley even know where they are. What makes Mr. Drift-O so confident that he can track down my family before I can? With that thought, the racing instincts kicked in. I was going to find a Jacobson before Tanner did!
♠ ♠ ♠
It's so weird... Kirstie and I are like way ahead in this story... and i want to read chapter before i post them. when i do, i'm like... aw.. i remember that lol Trip down memory lane haha :D

Ky & Tanner

comment?