Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

He Runs Cutely!

Well, my house is now Tanner free. It took me two dayand a whole lot of crying, but it was done. Everything that reminded me of him was now in a box… and out by the curb, waiting for the garbage truck.

With these two days to myself, it’s given me time to think about what I really wanted. Drifting’s funand I loved seeing Tanner, but… I think I need to make things better with my sister before I think about any more career decisions.

So, I called up Ford and told them that I may or may not be doing the full series in Formula D. But I told them if they really wanted me too, I would do at the most, two events every month.I should be ok to see Tanner that little. They were ok with this, which I was more than thankful for.

I haven’t tried calling Tanner. He’s tried calling me. He’s left voicemails, text message. Heck, he’s even came to the house, but I didn’t answer the door. He’s the one that said we needed a break. I’ll give him the biggest break he wants.

Today though, I’ve decided I’m not going to be all mopey. I’m going to go see my sister. I texted her and asked her where she was. She replied that she was at the Honda garage. Oh joy… her and Josh are together. Maybe I shouldn’t go see her…

But I still walked out to my car and started driving that way. It was nice to get out of the house. I even put the top down on my car to let even more fresh air in. I loved it. I haven’t felt so alive since… the last time I kissed Tanner.

I shook that thought aside as I pulled into Honda’s testing track/garage thing. Whatever they call a dirt bike garage nowadays.I’m so behind in it. Once I got out, I could already hear Kirstie giggling.I don’t want to know! I still walked in though. Josh was just sitting in a chair, making Kirstie laugh as she worked.

“I’m starting to question if she actually works or not,” I teased as I walked in more.

“Oh she does. Works me at least,” Josh replied while wiggling his eyebrows… ew.

“I really didn’t need to hear that,” I groaned while pulling up a seat… a few feet away from the greasy one.

“What’s up, Ky?” Kirstie asked while still working on Josh’s bike… Yes, she had stuff all over her face… like always.

“Nothing really. I just decided not to be a couch bum all day today. Figured I’d see what was up with my favorite greasy couple,” I smiled from their reactions. “What are you doing?” I went on.

“Josh doesn’t like his suspension, so I’m trying to get it to his liking,” she replied.

“Do you ever do anything on your own bike?” I asked him.

“Do you ever do anything on your own car?” she shot back.

“Yeah… I can change the oil,” I smirked while crossing my arms.

“That’s more than what you do, Josh,” Kirstie snickered over at him.

“Are you done yet? I feel like you two need to have a sister moment,” he said with his face turning a shade of red.

“Aw, it’s ok, Joshie. She still loves you even though she does the manly labor in your relationship,” I teased, making Kirstie crack up.

“Josh, I’m done. You can try it out now,” Kirstie said through a laugh as she stood up and wiped her hands on a rag.

He got to his feet with a huff and trudged over to his bike. Kirstie and him shared a smile before she softly told him to be careful and leave a kiss on his lips. I sighed and then looked away.It reminded me of Tanner. But he climbed on his bike and zoomed off.

Kirstie walked over to watch him for a couple of seconds before she pulled a chair up in front of me. She looked at me sideways, debating on what my mood was going to be. I had to laugh though.

“I’m fine,” I told her.

“Really?” she asked, still looking at me in the weird way, but a smile started to shine through.

“Yes, I’m fine. I promise,” I smiled.

“YAY!” she grinned while getting up to pull me into a tight hug. “We should do more stuff together now!” she went on, a littletoo overly excited.

“But you’re probably busy with your greasy boyfriend,” I teased.

“So! I’ll make time! We haven’t straight up hung out in so long,” she told me.

I honestly never thought about that. We haven’t been able to hangout like we used to since before I started traveling with Rally. I miss those days now that I think back.

“Ok, fine. But if he starts running when I’m around and sticks his butt out, I’m so out,” I couldn’t help but taunt.

“He runs cutely!” she shot at me through a huge grin.

“It’s… disgusting,” I laughed out.

“You know what?” she started, obviously showing the gears turning in her head. “I can’t pick on you because you’re single!” she groaned.

“Yes, Kylee wins again!” I said while pumping my fists in the air.

“Just because you’re the racer,” she rattled off.

“Hey, you chose to be a mechanic,” I teased.

She just stuck her tongue at me that caused both of us to start laughing… like we used to when we lived under the same roof. Once it died down we both had a moment… for me it was a realization that… I don’t know much about my sister anymore.

I know with Rally… and drifting…and Tanner I haven’t gotten to spend as much time with Kirstie as I’d like too. I just hope with me downing my drifting a littleand since Tanner and I ‘took a break’ it will get us close to what we used to be. I would love for that to happen. It may not be back to what it was entirely, but… we can sure try.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ever since I can remember, I've been teasing Kirstie about how Josh runs... lol never gets old haha

Everyone!... minus Tanny :( lol

comment?