Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

The Nerdy One

“You should come with me to the Mulisha compound sometime,” Josh suggested as we were driving to the airport to pick up my sister. She got a private plane over but they had to use it for something else now, so she was taking a commercial planebut still in first class of course.

“That’d be fun,” I grinned and clapped my hands togetherlike the geek I am

“Then you could meet all the guys. They know I have a girl mechanic, and they know I have a girlfriend but they don’t know it’s the same person,” Josh chuckled.

“Then I’m really going, that’ll be funny,” I giggled.

We drove a little longer until we arrived at the airport. As we were walking in Josh slipped his hand into mine and laced our fingers together. His little action caused a big smile to pop up on my face and Josh took notice. He’s such a sweetheart, I love him.

“We could just wait at baggage claim,” I said and Josh nodded his head and led us there.

Josh and I only had to wait a few minutes before I saw her walking in our direction but she was holding someone’s hand….TANNER!

“Do you see what I’m seeing?” Josh asked me.

“Uh-uh,” I smiled.

“You’re not mad at Tanner anymore?” He questioned to me.

“Nah, that was a while ago. I’m not going to hold it against him,” I stated. “And if he makes Kylee happy then I’m happy.”

“Oh they look happy alright,” Josh rolled his caramel eyes.

I looked over at them again but this time they were kissing. I took the opportunity to run over to them and I started poking their sides.

“Tanner and Kylee sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G,” I sang.

“So nice to see you too Kirstie,” Tanner said, giving me a dorky smile.

“I do what I can,” I gave him the same smile back and all of us let out a few giggles.

“So are you two boyfriend/girlfriend again or are you just taking a break from your fighting to make out?” Josh asked them with a smirk.

“Oh ha ha funny Grant. You just crack me up!” Kylee stuck her tongue out at him.

“Like Kirstie said, I do what I can,” He replied.

“Did you have fun racing?” I asked as we got their luggage and started walking toward Josh’s truck.

“I won,” Tanner had to pipe in.

“I had more fun with Tanner,” Kylee giggled while clinging to him.

“Oh don’t go all ewie on me,” I teased while poking her again.

“Did you wear that jean skirt again for Josh while I was gone?” Kylee teased right back.

“What is this I hear?” Tanner asked as we got in the car. Josh and I took the front while Tanner and Ky were in the backseat.

“That day that you called me I was really upset so I went over to Kirstie’s house,” Kylee started to explain. “Of course Josh was there but Kirstie was wearing that jean skirt of mine and had makeup on and her hair all pretty. I think she was trying to impress her little Joshie boy.”

“So what if I did?” I shot at them.

“Aw, Ky,” Tanner started while looking at Kylee but aimed his comment at me. “Your little sister has fallen pretty hard for her little moto racer.”

“Shut up!” I said while looking back at them but I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face. “You two were the ones that were making out in the airport and I don’t even want to know what you were doing at the race!”

“You just mind your own business,” Tanner snootily replied in a playful way while holding onto Kylee.

“Then shouldn’t you mind yours?” Josh smirked.

“Yes!” I victoriously said while high-fiving Josh.

“And I thought Tanner was the nerdy one,” Kylee joked making all of us laugh.

I’m so glad everything’s back to normal. Even though Tanner and I had our time when we didn’t like each other I do think he’s a good guy and him and Kylee are good together. It turns out Tanner was the one who was going to fix Kylee’s heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
idk about you guys but i am an excessive hand talker. i have to move my hands when i talk and i move them a lot haha :D

everybody