Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Why Did You Do It?

I’ve been staying with Kylee for the last week but last night I finally was able to stay at my own house by myself. Josh tried calling me a couple times, I wanted to answer so bad but I didn’t feel ready to talk to him, I knew I’d just start crying and I didn’t want to make him feel weird.

I was determined to get out of the house today though. I thought I’d just go hang at the track so I got dressed and walked out the door. When I turned to shut the door there was a note taped on it.

Dear Kirstie,

I heard you just broke up with your boyfriend. I know this must be horrible for you. Your boyfriend is just as heartbroken as you and feels awful about what he did. He still thinks you’re the most beautiful, talented, amazing girl that he loves so much. Please come to the beach in Malibu at 7 PM tonight.
-Anonymous


This just had Tanner and Kylee’s name written all over it, mostly Tanner. He told me the other day that it’d all be okay, this is probably his way of doing that. They did this exact same thing before! I figured if they took the time to do this, they must have something planned so I decided to go, I’m sure when I show up they’ll be there waiting for me.

Later that night I drove to where it told me to go but no one was there yet. I bet Kylee and Tanner are going to pop out from some place and….

“Kirstie,” A familiar voice said.

I turned around and came face to face with Joshua Grant. My mouth literally fell open as I looked at him. For some reason my hand instinctively came up and held the heart necklace that he had given me. Even though we weren’t together anymore I hadn’t taken it off since he gave it to me, I guess it was my way of holding onto him.

“Kirstie, I know you probably hate me but please don’t leave. Just let me talk to you, that’s all I ask,” Josh begged.

“Okay,” I croaked.

“I want to tell you that I’m so sorry for everything,” He said while shaking his head. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“You broke my heart,” I said with tears welling up in my eyes.

“I know, and it kills me to know that,” Josh replied with his own tears coming into his eyes.

“Then why did you do it?” I asked.

“Because I was an idiot,” He stated. “I was jealous of Wil, I let my jealously take over and I thought you might….like him more than me.”

“But I don’t,” I told him.

“I know, and I realized that later but I thought that by leaving that would make you happier. I love you so much and if you really love someone you have to be able to let them go so that’s what I did but it’s been killing me,” Josh said so softly.

“I was hurt that you would think that I would leave you for him,” I said.

“I wish I could take it all back….but I can’t,” Josh heavily sighed.

We shared a long awkward silence before Josh spoke again.

“Kirstie, I understand if you still hate me and never want to see me again but I just wanted to talk to you. I’m sorry for what I did, as long as I’m living I’ll regret losing you because you were the best thing that has happened to me,” He told me as a single tear fell from his gorgeous caramel eyes then got up to leave.

“Josh,” I called out. “Do you remember what you said to me the night that we kissed for the first time?”

“I said, please don’t leave,” Josh replied as he turned around but kept his eyes on the ground.

“That’s what I’m saying to you right now,” I cried. “Don’t leave.”

Josh let out a big sigh before coming over and wrapping me up in his warm, comforting, tattooed arms.

“I love you Josh, I couldn’t love anyone else. Don’t ever leave me again,” I cried into his chest.

“No, I’ll never leave again. I won’t ever make that same mistake,” Josh said while nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. “I couldn’t stand being without you. I love you.”

“I’m so glad I’m back in your arms,” I smiled as we parted enough so we could see each others faces.

“I’m so glad that you’re the one I’m holding because I don’t want it to ever be anyone else. I’m sorry for acting the way I did,” He apologized while cupping my cheek with his warm hand.

“Whenever you touch me I get instantly warm,” I beamed, referring to his hand.

“I get the same feeling because you warm me from the heart,” Josh cutely said.

“Aww,” I sighed as my heart melted.

Josh then gave me a big smile and both of us started inching toward each other. Soon our lips collided in the most amazing kiss that made me get shivers down my spine. We shared lots of kisses before we just held each other for the longest time.

“You still have my heart,” Josh grinned while looking at the necklace he gave me that was still hanging around my neck. “You have both my hearts, that one around your neck and my real one.”

“Oh Josh,” I sighed. “I love you.”

“I love you too Kirstie,” He said as he stroked my hair. “I’ll never hurt you again.”

Tonight couldn’t be more perfect. I got my amazing boyfriend back and our love is still strong. What more could I ask for?