Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

What Is... That?

“I, Tanner Foust, am here to whisk you, Kylee Jacobson, away to the beautiful mountains of Aspen, Colorado. Your chariot awaits, me lady,” he smiled brightly once he walked into my room to get my bags.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re pretty darn excited,” I teased as I grabbed a bag that Tanner didn’t grab… the smaller one.

“Oh, I am. You, me, and the beautiful Aspen terrain,” he sighed happily while tossing my bags into his trunk.

I just smiled and shook my head at how cute he was being right now. It made me want to get there faster!

Since the season endedwith Tanner winning the championship by five points over me, he planned a little trip back to his home state. I was excited. Colorado was one of those states I didn’t travel too much to, but I love snow! I can’t wait to get there!

You know what’s even nicer? How a champion gets treated. Rockstar hooked Tanner up with a little private jet. How nice. I was in heaven the whole way, being in my Tanner’s arms as we’re going to a beautiful city to spend a beautiful weekend together.

Once we landed, it was already dark, making everything look so much more beautiful. I just sighed happily and relaxed into Tanner’s arms. He smiled down at me and left a soft kiss on my forehead.

When we got to this cute little cabin, he grabbed my hand and led me inside. It was the cutest thing! Someone had sat it up so that it was lit up with candles and flower and rose pedals all around. My man’s such a little hopeless romantic… and I love it!

“I love you so much,” I smiled while turning around to wrap my arms around him tightly.

“I love you too, baby,” he grinned before leaving a soft kiss on my lips.

I wanted to turn around and give him more kisses, but he went and brought our bags in… Just when I think you’re the most genius person, you do something like this! But when he came back in, he told me to go put my bathing suit on and then go into the hot tub. I eyed him oddly though… he wasn’t acting right. But he just smiled and scooted me into the bathroom.

When I came out, he wasn’t anywhere to be seen. I sighed and climbed into the hot tub that was on the back deck. I sat in there, waiting for him very impatiently! He came out a few minutes later though with two glasses of champagne. Aw.

Once he got into the water, he handed me a glass. I wasn’t too interested in that though. All I wanted was him. He got the hint and hooked his arm around me, pressing his smooth lips against mine.

“I’m so glad we came here,” I smiled once we parted, rubbing our noses together.

“I am too. I know my schedule gets busy, but it’s always nice just to relax and spend time with you,” he softly spoke

“You always say something that makes me think your are the cutest thing in the world,” I grinned while nuzzling my nose into the crook of his neck.

“You’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen,” he countered in the same tone as before.

“Stop it, Tanny,” I giggled from how red I could feel my cheeks getting.

He let out the cutest little chuckle before he kissed my forehead. As time went on, I started sipping on my champagne. Something caught my eye in the glass though. Once I pulled it away, something clinked against the side. I looked more and saw a… ring in the glass.

“Tanner…” I started, sitting up quickly to look at him.

“What, baby?” he smiled while sitting his own glass to the side.

“What is… that?” I asked, pointing to the band that was at the bottom of my drink.

“Well, it looks like a ring,” he stated with a cheesy grin.

“What are you… doing?” I asked, eyeing him oddly as he slowly took the hunk of medal out of the golden liquid.

“Every since I first saw you, I wanted to know everything about you. I wanted to be able to stare into your gorgeous eyes as you talked about your car. I wanted to be that guy that you hung onto when you were scared… I wanted to be that guy that you fell in love with,” he said while pulling me onto his lap.

“Once I finally had you, you were everything I wanted in a woman… and a whole lot more. I love everything about you. I love that you love cars as much as I do. I love that you can sit around at a hot, muggy track all day and still look as gorgeous as you do when you wake up in the mornings,” he went on, making my face flush with a bright shade of red.

“I know we haven’t really talked about it, but… I feel it. I feel that you are that special someone that was made for me. It took us some time to get to where we are, but we put our competiveness aside and… fell in love with each other,” he stopped to grab my left hand.

“Oh my gosh, Tanner,” I gasped, finally realizing that what I had been denying was going to happen… was happening.

“Kylee Jacobson,” he started while looking into my eyes that were starting to gloss over, “will you marry me?” he finished while holding the ring out to me a little more.

I was so speechless. He wants to… marry… me… of all people. He’s Tanner Foust. He could probably have any girl in the world that he wants, but… he wants to be with me. A tear rolling down my eyes brought me back to reality. My smile came over my face too, making his grow aw well.

“Yes, Tanner Foust, I will marry you,” I smiled before he slowly slid the gorgeous ring onto my finger. “I love you,” I grinned again while hooking my arms around him tightly.

“I love you too; so much more than anyone knows,” he said just before he pressed his lips against mine tightly.

After we shared a few more kisses, he took me inside where we shared a wondrous night. It’s hard to believe that we still have two more days of being here. With the way the first day’s went, I couldn’t wait to see what my Tanny, who is my future hubby, has in store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww... a wedding... or is there? haha jk :D

Ky & Tanny

comment?