Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

You Know What’s Coming

I was having a pretty average Tuesday, working on one of Josh’s many race bikes while he was out practicing. My speakers were on high, blasting Hold Me by Weezer and singing loudly while adjusting Josh’s suspension.

”Hold me, hold me. Take me with you cause I’m lonely,” I sand the chorus and right as I stopped singing two arms came around me.

“I’ll hold you,” Josh’s sweet voice whispered into my ear.

I spun around in his arm and draped my arms around his neck while we gazed into each others eyes. I knew I was smiling like an idiot right now but I can’t help it! Josh just makes me smile.

“I love you,” I told him a long time later before pressing my lips to his.

“I love you more,” He mumbled through our kiss.

Once we finally parted I went back over and continued my work while Josh rolled his other bike in and fiddled around with it, I’m not totally sure though.

“Josh,” I whined a few minutes later.

”What?” He whined back in the same tone with a smile.

“You’re making it so hard for me to concentrate!” I giggled. “You look so adorable in your gear!”

“How do you think I feel? I have to go ride while my mind if on my gorgeous girlfriend,” He smiled while coming over to kiss me.

“I love you so much, did you know that?” I smiled.

“Yes,” He replied with a bigger smile. “I think there’s something going on with the exhaust in the bike I just rode though.”

“Oh really?” I asked. “I’ll go check it out.”

“Okay, thanks baby,” He said as I sauntered over and inspected it.

There’s probably just some dirt in it so I reached my hand inside and tried to remove anything that might be in there. As I brushed it out, something shiny went clinking across the floor and landed over by Josh’s feet. I went over and picked it up to inspect it.

“What’s this?” I asked while grabbing the small item.

“Look,” Josh said.

I did as he said and gazed at it. The shiny thing in the palm of my hand was a ring. The band had small diamonds on it with a big one in the middle.

The second Josh did what happened next I knew immediately what was happening, Josh got down on one knee. He took my free hand in his and looked up at me.

“Kirstie, baby,” He started. “I know I hurt you when I left but I realized something then, I realized that I can’t live without you. I love you so much and the thought of losing you again breaks my heart. I’ve never met anyone like you and you never cease to amaze me. You’re my best friend and my soul mate. So I think you know what’s coming next….Kirsten Jacobson, will you marry me?

I was speechless at this point. My brain wouldn’t get any words out, so I told him my answer with action instead. I wrapped my arms around him and passionately pressed my lips against his.

“Is that a yes?” He panted once we parted.

“Of course it’s a yes,” I smiled while giving him another quick kiss.

“Wait, you need this,” He grinned cutely while taking the ring from me.

Josh took my left hand gently in his and slipped the gorgeous ring into my finger. I wiggled it in the light as it glimmered beautifully.

“Did you pick it out?” I asked him.

“Yeah, your mom gave me some input though,” He grinned.

“You asked my mom?” I questioned.

“Well, I went over to ask your dad’s permission and I had a couple pictures of a few different rings I thought you would like and your mom helped me,” Josh cutely told me.

“You’re so cute and thoughtful,” I cooed while pecking his lips. “I love you.”

“I love you more,” He said while pulling me onto his lap and holding me up against his chest while I nuzzled my nose into the crook of his neck.

“I love you to infinity and beyond,” I giggled.

“Oh is that so, Mrs.Grant?” He teased.

“I love the sound of that,” I sighed while relaxing into him more.

“I love it too. I’ve waited so long to hear that,” Josh beamed down at me.

I couldn’t be more happy right now. I’ve always loved my family and it excited me to no end that I was going to be able to extend my family to my future husband that I love so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, it took me forever to figure out how Josh should propose, so i hope you guys like it lol

Josh and Kirstie