Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

Deal

“There’s Josh,” I pointed him out to my parents as we sat down getting ready to watch Josh’s race.

“Oh, I see him,” My mom smiled.

We watched practice and Josh was doing well, just getting a feel for the track and all.He’s so cute. But I think he’ll win. I have no doubt.

“Where’s Kylee?” I asked. “She’s gonna miss the race!”

“She’ll be here,” My dad reassured me.

“Yeah Kirstie, calm down,” Kylee teased as she plopped down next to me….and Tanner was next to her…

“Hey Tanner,” I smiled over at him then gave Kylee a little smile when he wasn’t looking.

“He insisted on coming,” Kylee explained.

“Oh,” I smirked.

“I didn’t have anything else to do, and I like hassling Kylee,” Tanner laughed while he put an arm around her shoulder and she pretended to be annoyed even though I knew she wasn’t.

”IT’S STARTING!” I squealed while clapping my hands together.

“Oh my,” Kylee shook her head while rubbing the bridge of her nose. I just laughed as did everyone else.

Soon the race got underway and I was yelling the entire time. What can I say? I’m hyper. Josh was in second most of the race but eventually on the whoops he gassed it and took the lead…on the final lap! I was screaming when he won but my parents calmed me down eventually.

“That was a good race,” My dad said once we started walking back to Kylee’s trailer.

“Yeah it was,” my mom agreed.

“I’m not a dirt bike guy but that pass was pretty sweet,” Tanner piped up from where he was walking next to Kylee. They’re totally going to get together, I’d put money on it!

“So have we converted you to motocross?” I asked while walking backwards, in front of Kylee and Tanner.

“Nope, I have too much fun beating your sister,” he laughed while nudging Ky.

“Nuh-uh!” She shot back while shoving him.

“oh gag me,” I groaned as they flirted.

”Kirstie!” I heard someone call out.

As I started to turn to see who was calling my name I tripped over something and fell onto the ground.

“Boy, I’m really good at making you fall aren’t I?” Josh smiled as he came over to help me up.

“Well my bad coordination doesn’t help too much either,” I giggled. “Congrats on your win!”

“We were just talking about that, you make a sweet pass,” My dad added his comment.

“Thanks,” Josh grinned. “But you lied to me,” He said, turning his attention back to me.

“How did I lie to you?” I asked, bringing my hands up to my hips.

“You said you’d come over to the trailer again and you didn’t,” He told me.

“I was coming. I just hadn’t made it yet,” I countered.

“Well now I’m going to make you pinky promise me,” He dorkily said while taking his glove off and sticking out his pinky.

“Deal,” I laughed while hooking my pinky with his.

“Are you coming to best whip?” he asked me.

“Yeah, we all are,” I told him. “And probably Tanner too since him and Kylee are flirting up a storm,” I whispered so only he could hear. My comment made him let out a chucklethat was so adorable!

“Well you can come hang down with all the other riders then you don’t have to sit by them,” He suggested.

“Won’t it be too much of a problem. I mean that’s kind of just for the people who are competing and their families,” I rambled on.

“I can get you in, no problem,” He grinned.

“Are you sure?” I asked and he let out a laugh then nodded his head.

That made me excited, I even clapped my hands like the dork I am. That night after Josh got his medal the Best Whip competition was taking place. Tanner came…of course but I left my parents to listen to his and Ky’s flirting.

I just hung out with Josh and got to watch the competition from the pit area thingy. I texted for Josh so many times but….he didn’t win. It was stupid.

But when he came riding back he was okay with it. He told me that it was fun anyway. That boy is something else….
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh, it's raining! thought i would inform you lol

*chanting* comments! comments! comment! Please!

Kirstie and Josh the mega cutie!