‹ Prequel: Sickness

Cure

Stars

The funny thing about stars is that though they look like pinpricks of light from Earth, most of them are probably bigger than our own planet.

The funny thing about people is that when you look at them from a large perspective, they just seem like seven billion bodies trying to fit onto one celestial orb. But if you zoom in, you see how much love these people have in their lives. You see what they are willing to die for, and whom they are willing to die for.

A star has stages in life. It starts out as a nebula and becomes a protostar, which is considered its birth. It then goes through it’s life in the main sequence as a blue star or yellow star, like our sun. It then becomes a red giant or super giant. Then it dies as a white dwarf, explodes into a supernova, or becomes black hole.

A human has stages in life. It begins inside the sacred womb of its mother, is born, goes through its childhood, becomes a teenager, becomes an adult, falls in love, has children, and dies.

A star is beautiful.
A person is beautiful.

There is more to a star than the hot fire that surrounds it. A star has layers that are given special names.

There is more to a person than the first impressions they give. A person has layers that are given special names whether they are scientific or philosophical.

A star is huge, literally. It physically takes up an enormous amount of space, from a human perspective. But it also is a huge part of the Earth’s existence. Without the sun, life would not exist on the one planet that humans know have life on it.

But what is life, really? Is it set in stone that to live, talk, or breathe, life must have water, and must have air? Why are scientists so small minded? Life could be anything. A star is a form of life. It doesn’t talk, breathe, drink water, or eat food, but it still lives. Life could be anything, for all we know. I think that scientists are so concerned with finding something functions like us that they’ve overlooked any other possibilities of life that is not like Earth. Or maybe they’re bored with heir own lives.

I hope not.

Despite all of the similarities between stars and humans, there are differences. I just choose to look at the similarities first. It’s a good skill to pick up, you should try it the next time you meet someone who doesn’t look like you.

But I don’t really feel like pointing out the differences. Because what if stars and humans are more alike than we ever could have imagined? There are so many people on Earth, but each person means the world to another. People are falling in love everyday. Who knows, maybe stars fall in love, too. What do you think a binary star pair is for?

To tell you the truth, I’m a little jealous of the stars. Because if stars do love one another, they have way more time to do so than we do. Just makes you appreciate life and love a little bit more, doesn’t it? Cause you’re not going to have a long time to love, be in love, or tell someone how much you actually do love them.

“I’ve only known you for three years, Jack, but my love for you is greater than any musicians love for their instrument, and it grows more than our deep, black universe.”
~Rose Kolobi