‹ Prequel: Sickness

Cure

Constellations

There are exactly 88 constellations in the sky.
There are exactly 88 keys on a piano.

Rose was born in the year of 1988, in August.
Ana was born in the year of 1988, on February 29.

So Rose is a Leo, and Ana is a Pisces. The two are completely opposite, and yet, so much alike.
I am their balancing scale. Libra.

It says in astrology that a Libra is semi-compatible with a Leo. A Leo is said to be creative, passionate, very strong, independent, bright, magnetic, generous, supportive, warm, and loving. But they are also considered to be snobbish, egotistical, pushy, patronizing, self-conscious, and cruel.

I do not agree with all of this. Nor do I agree with the fact that Leo’s are supposedly pale and fair skinned with freckles. Rose was not snobbish, or egotistical. And she most certainly was not fair skinned. And apparently, Leos would rather have a relationship for fun and sex than deepness, intamicy, and love.

No.

No, no, no.

Rose died a virgin. She gave me one reason as to why she didn’t want to make love with me, and I have never heard anything nobler.

She said that she wanted to save me.

She wanted to save me from having AIDS, from not living my life to its fullest. She knew she was going to die soon, and she wanted me to have the chance to live.
And for this, I am forever grateful.

A Pisces, however, is different. They are said to be associated with gods and goddess from Greek and Roman mythology, and have a little bit of each trait from the Zodiac.

But in medical astrology, Pisces governs the immune system.

It’s interesting how different these two women are. Rose was afflicted with the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, while Ana has almost no problems with her immune system.

I’ve never been a big fan of astrology. I’m an astronomer, and myths have never phased me. Just because someone says that this person should be one way because of their zodiac sign, doesn’t mean they are. And that makes me happy.

Because life is all about being unpredictable, and wonderful. If everyone was the way a person said they should be, then everything would be boring. I love waking up everyday to see my wife and discovering a different personality trait.

So I’m just going to keep looking at the constellations for what they have always been.

Storytellers.

Even if they aren’t real stories, they are, I have to admit, some of the most inspiring ones.

And maybe each person uses them for their own story.