Rose of Despair

Not safe

Image

Rereading the letter over again, Tori finally looked up to be met with her friends eyes.
"So???"
"what?"
"Who is it from, Harry?"
" No its um from my mother congratulating me on making head girl." she lied.
*what the hell, why didnt I just tell them?* Tori thought.
"Oh, tell mom that I miss her cooking." Taylor said, Tori rolled her eyes.
Taylor has been around for a while, eventually calling Tori's mom what she called her.
"Well I'm going to meet someone, so dont what up for me ladies!" Taylor said exiting the room before either of them asked any questions.
Tucking the letter away in her trunk with the other one, Tori jumped on her bed exhausted. Soon enough there was another knock at the window, this time Hermione opened it. Then Tori saw her own owl.
*just great* she thought as she set her eyes on the letter from her mother, the real one. Hermione raised an eyebrow at Tori.
"Moms feeling in the writing mood?" she asked suspiciously.
" You know I was lying didn't you."
"Yeah, I saw the confusion on your face when that brown owl handed you that letter, so are you going to tell me who it really is from?" Hermione asked taking a seat on Taylors bed.
Taking a deep breath, deciding if she should give in, after a couple seconds she sighed.
*Mione is more civilized so of course she'll understand plus shes my cousin, its just scary if anything else comes from this.* Tori thought.

"Malfoy wants to be your friend?" she asked in disbelief.
"Yeah, exactly what I thought, I mean we are total enemies, our parents are enemies for crying out loud!! Malfoy and I are like....enemies before birth!" Tori said.
"wow, thats alot of enemies."
"your telling me"
"no i meant you used that word alot."
"Oh." Tori said smiling a bit.
"A possible joke?" she asked.
"Not sure yet, if its not hes not doing a very good job of convincing me."
"Well just be careful, Malfoy can be planing something and this is one of his stupid games."
"Don't worry Mione, its not like we are going to fall in love or whatever!" Tori laughed, making her join in, but still have a worried look.
"Mione, you honestly don't think anything will happen between Malfoy and I do you?" Tori asked noticing she kept the worried expression.
"Of course not!" she said smiling, although she wasn't convinced.
" Sure.... anyways I'm going to do patrolling, want to join Miss Granger?" Tori asked holding her hand out. Rolling her eyes, Hermione took it, and both exited the room.

Catching a few students out of bed, Tori deducted some points.
Walking past an old room both of them came to a hault as they heard some voices.
" Professor Dumbledor, sir this can be some serious danger." they heard Hagrid's mighty voice say.
Hermione was about to walk away ,but Tori grabbed her back, hiding behind a near by statue, Tori decided to stay and listen.
"What are you doing, are you trying to get stripped of your positon as head girl?" Hermione asked in an irritated whisper.
"Shh..."
"I'm afraid that you are right Hagrid, unfortunately the wizarding world is becoming much too dangerous. His powers are becoming stronger as each day pass,and it worries me of what he is capable of."
"But Proffesor what should become of Hogwarts, soon enough parents would become aware and might not find Hogwarts as their haven anymore, especially through what has been happening lately." Proffesor McGonagal said in her little powerful voice.
"It worries me that this school might not exist anymore, if things continue they way they are going. Sadly Voldemorts army is rapidly increasing and its becoming more difficult for us to recruit." Dumbledore said.
Tori and Hermione stood behind the statue not believeing what they are hearing.
"Attacks are soon to occur, its only a matter of time." Dumbledore said with a sadden tone.
" What are we going to do with the girl, soon he might become aware of her abilities." they heard McGonagal say.
"Soon, we have to inform her before its too late and we lose her to him."
"Tori I honestly believe that we should leave, we shouldnt be here, we could get in trouble." Hermione hissed.
"Mione there is something going on that is even worrying the Professors, dont you think that we should know at least what might happen, Uncle doesnt sound too happy about whats is happening." Tori said.
" Professor Dumbledore will handle things, Im sure of it."
Suddenly they heard the voices soften, quickly leaving the area and back to the common room.
"Dont even think about it Tori." Hermione said as the girls layed in bed.
"Your right, if anything im sure Uncle will tell me what is going on." Tori whispered back.
* Hogwarts.......not safe?* she thought throughout the night eventually giving in to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope I didnt lose anyone! If you didnt catch it Hermione is Tori's cousin and to spice things up Dumbledore is Tori's uncle, but dont worry there is no speacial treatment.