‹ Prequel: Crash
Status: Comment?

Thinking About You

1/1

“Sammy!” She came running down the hill, arms open wide.

He caught her small frame, spinning them around and around until both of them fell onto the soft grass of the park. The girl was laughing and smiling, something she hadn’t really done in the past few weeks. Her parents had been fighting, on the verge of divorce, but she tried not to let it get her down.

“I’ve, missed your smile, you need to do it more often,” He whispered, kissing the top of her head.

“I’ll always smile for you Sam,” The girl grinned. She placed her head on the boy’s chest, breathing in the scent of his aftershave. It smelled nice, adding to scent of Sam. The couple cuddled in the middle of the park, just enjoying being in each other’s arms. Both Sam and Wynter felt like they were in heaven.

The wind ruffled Sam’s chocolate locks and blew red, orange, and yellow leaves around his feet. The sky wasn’t clear blue; it was a dark gray, like right before it rained. It was just a memory.

Wynter wouldn’t come running down the hill to him, a smile on her lips. She wouldn’t curl into his chest and tell him about all the shapes she saw in the clouds. She would never be in his arms again.

Sam rubbed his arms, trying to take himself back to the memory, to the time before the accident, when life was good. When his life revolved around Wynter, his best friend, his girlfriend, his soul mate, and making her happy. When his hand held hers instead lying limply by his side. Back to when she could always be in his arms.

But it would never happen. Not after the crash. All that remained of that night were the tiny scars that littered his body from the glass. The cast on his arm was gone, the minor burns were gone, the car totaled, and the other passenger, his girl, Wynter, was gone.

If only for a moment he could have it back. Life wasn’t worth the work with out Wynter. Sam placed a finger to his chin and looked up at the darkening sky, appearing to be thinking about something really hard. In reality, he wished it was a gun, delivering him to Wynter through the sweet release of death.

But he would never attempt it; Wynter would hate him in the afterlife. All he did was think about it. That and Wynter.