Status: Back in action =) No more writers block

Field of Unforgivable mistakes

Chapter 29

Alex's POV:

After Jamia helped me get “sexified” for my date with Gerard I paced back and forth across the living room. I am nervous. What if I say the wrong thing? What if he doesn't like me after? So many stupid thoughts are running throughout my mind.

Alex stop! You know that Gerard would still care about you even if you showed up to this date in a pair of sweatpants with your hair in a crazy bun. Dressing up for this date is only going to make him appreciate you more. He wants to be with you; he'd do anything for you. He stayed by your side during a very hard time in your life when your brother was in the hospital fighting for his life. What would you do without him?

Don't let Zacky even enter your mind, because he isn't worth it. He isn't worth the pain or heartache anymore. He is the one that messed up. You were ready to be with him but he messed it all up. He couldn't even be honest enough with you as to come straight out and tell you, he had to be drunk to tell you. Forget about him if even just for tonight. Give Gerard a chance, give him your everything. Show Zack that you can do so much better, and that you won't let stupid boys get in your way of living your life. Try to love Gerard...he's much better for you and your health anyway.

I sighed as I heard a knock on the front door. I nervously grabbed my purse and answered the door to find Zacky there instead of Gerard.

“What the fuck Zack just leave!” I pushed past him to go outside. When I reached the front door to the apartment building Gerard was just about to come into it.

“Umm....hello?” he looked taken aback with a single peach rose in his hand. I gently smiled at his gesture to be romantic but I grabbed his other hand and pulled him out the door. “Alex what's wrong?” he asked as I opened the pasenger door to his car and got in. He gently shut it for me with a confused look on his face before jogging over to his side of the car and getting in.

“Nothing...it's nothing Gee,” I said shaking my head and fighting back tears.

“Zack came over too didn't he?” he asked. His grip on the stearing wheel became deathly.

“Yeah Gee, but it's nothing,” I said.

“Alex, it is something because it makes you very upset. He was your best friend who you had fallen for and he cheated on you, so you picked me instead. I know you're trying to do the right thing but being here with me instead of up there talking to him isn't going to help you. I know that you need Zack....so go get him. I'll be here if you ever need me Alex. I like you a lot, but I'm not going to stand in the way of your true feelings,” Gerard said before getting out of the car to reopen my door to help me out. “Alex, I just want you to be happy,” he said and handed me the rose, kissed my check, and left.

What the hell just happened? I groaned and went back upstairs to my apartment to find Zack sitting on the ground just outside my door. Well here goes nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!