The Way She Wears My Clothes

11-

“Well! Let’s get started. I feel like beating everyone. Don’t you?” Tay asked, returning to her normal happy self.

“Sure, whatever.”

Tay brushed it off and dragged me to the first hole without another word. She glanced at me as she put the ball down on the green felt. I leaned against the fence behind her and watched as she lined up her putter. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. I wasn’t going to be getting out of this any time soon, considering we just started. I really just wanted to be left alone. Why did none of my friends understand that? Sometimes, I don’t need a fun outing to make me feel better. I needed the comfort of quiet solitude.

“I’m just really bad at this,” Tay stated several holes later when she still hadn’t made a single hole-in-one. I kept my mouth shut and took my turn, sinking the ball in quickly. Tay looked at me, with a strange puzzled look on her face. I brushed it off and headed for the next hole. This continued for the rest of the day, unfortunately. We didn’t say much and it was awkward when we did. It just wasn’t a good time. Finally, we met up with the rest of the groups and Alex leaped into me, wrapping his arms around my neck in a crushing hug.

“Save me!” he whispered, glancing behind him at Sierra.

“What happened?” I replied.

“I don’t know! Just save me!”

I chuckled, scooped Alex up off the ground bridal style and ran off, screaming at the top of my lungs. I raced us around the corner and out of sight of the group. I set him down on his feet and let him walk.

“Are you in a better mood?” he asked, grabbing my hand. I held onto his in return, just because I needed an anchor.

“Not really. But let’s talk about what happened with you and Sierra instead.”

Alex sighed.

“I can’t even. I don’t know. Like, we were getting along. Blake, her and I were all joking, and then, suddenly, she like, she stopped talking to me. She stopped looking at me. So when she went ahead, I asked Blake what was up and, he doesn’t know either. He said that she’s really hard to understand and keep track of. He also wished me luck.”

Alex fell silent, which is rare for him.

“What do I do?” he asked. “What have I gotten myself into? I really really like her but oh my gosh, she’s got more moods than our entire band put together! Well, if you’re not included.”

I narrowed my gaze at him and he grinned back at me, batting his eyelashes at me innocently.

“What have I done, Jack? Why can’t I just be gay, with you? That seems like the simplest option at this point.”

“Sorry, man. You know I love you, but I don’t swing your way.”

Alex chuckled, falling silent yet again.

I couldn’t stop thinking about Tay though. I didn’t really feel anything for her today. Maybe it was just the clothes. I was fine when I got away from her. But the rest of the day was miserable. I’m just letting myself down, and breaking myself up because of this girl. What am I doing to myself? Alex may have a point. I could be happy with him, right? No, probably not. But it’s a viable option.

“Girls suck,” I stated as we neared the bus. Alex laughed, clapped me on the back and wholeheartedly agreed. “I’m serious.”

“What girl is twisting up your heart, Barakat?” my best friend asked.

“No one. I was just thinking about your situation with Sierra.”

“Okay,” he replied warily.

“If neither of us are married in 10 years, let’s get married, Alex,” I responded, pulling open the door to our bus.

“You got yourself a deal, Mr. Barakat!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Things I Am Sorry For:
-How long it's been
-This obviously shit chapter
-My computer being a fuck up that deleted all of my documents :(

DFTBA,
Rory The Roman