The Way She Wears My Clothes

3-

I packed later that week, two days before I had to. I wanted to make sure I had everything, which was very unlike me.

“Jack. What is this?” Zack asked, gesturing to the packed bags as the guys walked into my house. They were coming to pick me up for a dinner out with our parents before we headed out, not on one tour but on two consecutive tours. The first of which was an American tour, the other however was heading through Europe. After that, we had a string of shows in Australia, and Asia. It was the last time we’d see them in a while, so we all wanted to get together. Thank the lord for one Matthew Flyzik.

“Uhm. Bags? You’d think you’d know this by now, what with us living out of our suitcases two-thirds of the year,” I said, trying to deflect the topic.

“Don’t be an ass, Jack. You know what I mean!” Zack replied.

“Surely, I do not.”

“Except, you do.”

I shook my head. “Do not.”

“Why are you packed so early?” Alex asked.

“I got bored,” I lied.

“I don’t believe you,” Zack said skeptically.

“Does it matter? I packed! So what?” I snapped.

“Chill, man. I was just,” I glared at him. “Never mind. You’re obviously PMSing today.”

I left the room, heading into my kitchen. I opened the fridge door and found my last beer. I popped it open and took a long drink from it.

“So, why are you packed so early?” Alex asked softly, hopping on the counter behind me. I sighed and shut the refrigerator door. I turned to face him, leaning back.

“I just… I’m nervous for this tour,” I said honestly.

“Why? It’s gonna be like every other tour. There will be girls and booze and music. There’s nothing to be nervous abo- Oh my god. You like someone on tour!”

“WHAT? NO!” I said quickly. Too quickly.

He smirked.

“Who is it?”

“No one. Leave it alone.”

“I can’t. No. I must know.”

“I’m not telling you.”

“You’re a horrible best friend,” Alex pouted. He literally pouted, with a trembling lip. I shook my head at the singer and took another long sip from my beer. When I denied him yet again, he sighed. He stepped closer and rested his head on my shoulder. He murmured something against my shirt.

“What?”

“I like Sierra. A lot.”

“You just broke up with your last girlfriend,” I reminded him. “And you told me that if you liked a girl a lot to hit you upside the head and remind you of the 12 hours you completely can’t remember that break up.”

“Bu-”

“And you also told me that if you protested to remind you of the three gallons of ice cream and five boxes of wine that mysteriously went missing.”

Alex looked sad, almost ashamed. I hugged him.

“But you know you can do whatever the fuck you want. If you want Sierra, Lex, go out and get her. It’s your life, your decision,” I assured him and then, released the singer.

“Jack. Why won’t you tell me who it is that you like? Is it Sierra? Because I would understand. I really would.”

“I’m not telling you. Let’s just forget about it, okay? We have a party to get to, right?”

Alex nodded.

“Then, let’s go!”