The Way She Wears My Clothes

7-

Tay was wearing a lot of JAGK this tour and it wasn’t good for me. My mind couldn’t stay off of her. I thought about her and what made her attractive to me. It was more than just her looks, definitely. I knew that much. Although, I wasn’t sure how because I’d only spoken with her a handful of times.

Watching her one night, a thought occurred to me. What if I only liked Tay because of JAGK? The more I thought about it, the more obvious it was. All of my past girlfriends, I was exponentially more attracted to them if they were wearing my clothes. Especially after a night together and they had nothing to wear so they just slipped one of my shirts over their head. That was a severe turn on for me, girls in my clothes. This one girl, that I brought home from the bar, she woke up before me, put on my shirt and made me breakfast. We spent the next several days in bed, having sex off and on.

I stared at Tay as she moved around the same, moving to the beat of the song. She looked so good, the JAGK logo splayed across her chest.

If I liked her because she wore those clothes, which are essentially mine, what happened if we got into a relationship and those clothes were the only thing that kept us together? What happened if she stopped wearing them? Would I lose all interest? That would probably be best.

“Jack, are you okay?” Tay asked, walking off stage suddenly. I stumbled back and glanced around, alarmed. “Jack?”

She steadied me with a hand on my arm. I let out a long, slow breath and nodded.

“Yeah, sorry. Must’ve dazed off again.”

“Yeah,” she said, as if she didn’t believe me. “Listen, if you ever want to talk.”

“Thanks,” I replied. She nodded and walked off, following her band to the dressing room. I stayed put, unsure of what just happened. VersaEmerge was set to go on next and I could see Sierra standing a few feet away. She was warming up, her eyes closed as she focused. She opened them and looked at me.

“Hi Jack,” she said, wandering over to me.

“Hey Sierra. How’s it going?”

“It’s good. How are things with you?”

“Good,” I replied.

“And that crush on Tay you have? How’s that going?”

This caught me off guard.

“I don’t have a crush on Tay!”

“Sure, you don’t. And Alex obviously doesn’t want to fuck me ,but that’s neither here nor there,” she replied bluntly. You never expect those kinds of things to come out of such a small woman’s mouth. Especially with the big innocent eyes that Sierra had.

“I’m sorry. What?”

“Come on, Jack. I wasn’t born yesterday. I know that Alex is after me, even though he’s doing so in a stupid way. And I know that you like Taylor Jardine, and are going about it in a very stupid way. The only one in your band that isn’t being stupid is Rian and that’s because he already has Cassadee wrapped around his finger!”

I stared at Sierra. She huffed and walked off. I was confused and my head hurt and I just wanted a drink. I marched into our dressing room and rooted around in the fridge, triumphantly pulling out a bottle of beer. I twisted off the cap and took the longest possible pull from it before I set it down and glanced at my bandmates.

“What’s up?” I asked as they stared at me.

“You seem upset,” Zack supplied for them. They all nodded in agreement.

“I’m not upset. I just wanted a beer.”

They didn’t seem to believe me. They never did.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last Saturday of November so I promise after this chapter, they will be longer, better and more interesting. :) Thanks for sticking out November with me. You guys are awesome.

Let me know what you guys want to see in the upcoming chapters;
examples include: background of Jack's exes and how he connects them to Tay, how Alex and Sierra's relationship is progressing, etc.
:)

DFTBA,
Rory The Roman