The Way She Wears My Clothes

8-

Ever since my first break up, way back in high school, I haven’t been able to hold a relationship for very long. It’s pretty useless to start dating, at least for me. Just for me, though. I mean, my band mates and even my crew are all doing alright in the relationship department. Rian’s held a pretty good relationship with Cassadee, strangely since they’re always touring. Alex had a relatively long run with Lisa, until that most recent horrible break-up. Zack has a pretty long term girlfriend at home, who loves him unconditionally and he feels the same. Evan has Eva, and Flyzik just got back together with his girlfriend after their horrible split. Everyone was either in a relationship or was working on getting into one. Not me, however. I had a weird crush on Taylor Jardine that might not even be on her as a person. Why was I such a freak all the time?

“Jack, we’re gonna go out. Do you want to come with or are you going to sulk in the hotel all night for no reason?” Alex asked, appearing within my line of sight out of nowhere. I was staring blankly at the wall across from my hotel bed. I didn’t mean to. I just lost track of what was going on while I was thinking. Alex does it when he first wakes up. He’ll just sit in bed, wrapped in his blankets, twirling his hair for close to half an hour before he snaps out of it and starts his day. It’s expected, even though we all hate it.

“Uhh, yeah, man. I’ll go out,” I replied, gathering myself and standing up. I had to be more like myself and less like this person that zones off and thinks about one girl for so long.

“Good. Now put on your tight jeans and JAGK shirt so I can get you laid tonight,” Alex said with a mischievous grin. It was never a good idea to let Alex try and get my laid, because yes, he picked the hottest girl in the bar and yes, we both enjoyed it but I always felt like a dick in the morning as I snuck out of her apartment and back to the hotel. I didn’t argue though, as I pulled off my sweatpants and replaced them with the jeans Alex wanted me to wear. If I argued, that would raise suspicion. We don’t want that.

As Alex dragged me out of the hotel room and to the lobby where our group waited, I composed myself and put myself back into my own shoes.

I became the Jack Barakat that everyone knew, the immature, dirty minded, sex driven guitarist of All Time Low. I was right where I was supposed to be, but it felt kind of wrong being here, being who I am pretending to be who I’m supposed to be. All kinds of wrong. I just wasn’t sure why yet.