Love And Hate

Chapter Fourteen

"Why are you wearing a blond wig?" Ash asked.

"It's a long story." I answered.

"Well we have time." Stacy added.

"Avenged Sevenfold is here." I told her. Since I refused to tell anymore, Stacy did.

"Um Kiera don't you think he'll still know you?" Ash asked.

"If he gets close enough. But I don't plan on letting him." I answered.

"Kiera?" Alex asked.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Um Avenged Sevenfold's bus is parked a few down from ours." He told me.

"Thanks for the heads up."

"Well you are my little sister." We had a list of what bands would play when. Avenged Sevenfold was up a few spots before Atreyu. The sounds of Bat Country reached me when it was their time slot. I sung along. It proved to be a long day. We were loading stuff up when I caught a glimpse of Matt. I quickly turned my head so he wouldn't see me. I felt a hat on my head as Alex walked by.

"Thank you" I said

"Yup." He responded lifting another box. Inside everyone plopped in a different spot.

"Well day one of Ozzfest is over!" Alex said. Everyone nodded in agreement. Day one was over and I hadn't saw Matt. Well he hadn't saw me. The next few days pass. It was early on morning when the bus was filled with screams. "ALEX!" Stacy Shrieked.

"Brandon!" Ash scram. I fell on the couch laughing.

"Put me down!" They both said as Alex and Brandon spun them around.

"Stop screaming." Travis said.

"yeah" Marc agreed. Stacy and Ash were sat down. We were working and laughing, that made the day pass way faster. Atreyu was on stage when I saw.

"oh crap!" I said.

"What?" Stacy and Ash asked.

"Look!" I said pointing.

"I've gotta hide! If he finds out it's me." I said

"Go! Behind the tent! Now!" Ash said.

"hurry! he's coming this way." Stacy added. I disappeared but I could still hear.

"Can I help you?" Ash asked.

"Um no. I was just looking for someone. But I guess she's not here." Matt said. I stayed hidden until Stacy and Ash said it was clear. The following day he walked by again. I acted like I was picking something up.

"That's two days in a room!" I said.

"He's looking for you." Stacy pointed out.

"No he's not." I told her.

"Yesterday he said he was looking for someone. now he just randomly walks by?" She asked.

"He still likes or loves you. You can just tell. And are you going to stand there and say you don't like him?" Ash chipped in. I sighed. After work I said I was going for a walk. I walked around just thinking to myself. The blond wig was itchy on my neck. I pushed it back. "hey. I'm Matt." A voice said.

"Hi" I responded.

"Are you having fun?"

"Yeah" Maybe he didn't know it was me.

"What band do you work for?" He asked. I stayed silent.

"Hi Kiera." Matt said.

"Crap" I mumbled.

"you're blond, I'm not blind. Wait why are you blond?" He asked.

"I just wanted blond hair." I answered.

"how's life been?" He asked.

"Busy. Yours?" I responded.

"Busy. Are you still working Merch for Atreyu?" He asked.

"Would I be here if I wasn't?" I asked him.

"No." He answered with a laugh.

"Great show." I said out of no where.

"Thanks." He responded

"I should get going." I told him.

"Kiera, I just want to be friends. " he told me.

"Okay. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow." I responded.

No one's p.o.v
"Kiera it's whatever makes you happy." Alex told his sister. She drew he knees closer.

"It's just after not telling him stuff last summer I felt bad." she confessed. Meanwhile Matt sat on his bunk logged on to his IM. Finally someone logged in. He and Kiera talked for a bit. But things weren't the same.

Maybe she'd done it because she was afraid of getting hurt. Or maybe because she didn't want to hurt Matt. Maybe they could be friends. Maybe Kiera had done what would be better for her and Matt. Or maybe she hadn't. But on thing was for sure. The summer had just begun. And as they had learned the year before, anything could happen.

One week into the tour and they had saw each other. Kiera laid in her bunk trying to really remember why she had broke it off. While Matt laid in his bunk trying to think about what was coming next. But Whatever was about to happen would turn their lives up side down, again.