Love And Hate

Chapter Five

"I've been talking to M. Shadows for 8 months?" I asked.

"Yeah. I knew that I felt like I knew you when we met."

"M.Shadows" I started but I was cut off.

"It's Matt."

"Matt you don't know enough about my life to decide if we could get along."

He leaned against A7X's bus.

"Did you lie about yourself pixiedust?"

"No"

"Then I know enough to know I want to know you more." I laughed.

"And I don't give up easy." He added.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, you'll regret it."

"Why? Do you have an overprotective boyfriend who's an Axe murderer?"

"No" I said laughing.

"You're not married to one are you?"

"no, and no I'm not one nor do I know anyone who is."

"Then I've got nothing to lose."

"you're a work of art you know that?"

"Well I do what I can." I laughed again.

"I'm sure you've got a long day tomorrow so give me a call when you have sometime."

"Okay"

"See ya around."

"See ya." I said turning around

"Hey Matt?" I asked looking over my shoulder.

"Yeah"

"Are you sure you can handle me?"

"I wanna find out." Back at the bus I went back to bed. The alarm on my cell phone went off. I turned it off and got ready. My favorite part of the morning, waking them up. I decided to start with Stacy and my brother.I pulled back the curtain. "Rise and shine!"I said.

"GET UP! ALL OF YOU LAZY ASSES!" I yelled. I left and heard the noises of them getting up. Stacy was first to appear. "You're happy this morning." She said as I ate an apple. Stacy was helping me with merch. We were putting the merch up and getting ready when she asked.

"Kiera you're never this happy while working, what's up?"

"Nothing."

"Kiera I've known you for 8 years, don't lie to me. "

"Okay I'll tell you, but you have to swear you won't tell Alex." I said sitting on the table.

"I swear."

"Okay well you know how I've been talking to that Shadows31 for 8 months? well this morning when we got here I met him."

"Well who is he?"

"M.Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold."

"Kiera if Alex finds out, will kill him!"

"I'm not worried about what it will do to Alex, but what Alex will do to Matt."

"Does Matt know who you are? I mean does he know you're Atreyu's merch girl and Alex's sister?"

"No! You think I'd tell M.Shadows that I'm the merch girl for Atreyu and I'm Kiera Varkatzas, sister of Alex Varkatzas."

"Why not? You can't change who are you are."

"I'll tell him when the time is right. We are just becoming friends." I said. That's when I saw Alex walking towards us.

"Hey you two, what's up?" He said.

"What does it look like?" I asked.

"She's just cranky." Stacy said. Alex leaned over and kissed her.

"Ew." I said

"Hey Kiera." Brandon said. I didn't reply.

"Well I see the brick wall still stands." Brandon said.

"Why wouldn't it?"

"I just thought maybe you'd be having a nice streak today." I laughed.

"Nice to you? Well right there is your problem. You thought."

"Why are you so freakin mean all the time?!"

"Listen we've been over this! I don't like you, I actually kinda despise you."

"What did we ever so to you?"

"Don't get me started!"

"We better go." Alex said. They left and Stacy sighed.

"Kiera sometimes I swear, you are a total ass to your brother and he friends. I don't know why, your brother is a sweet guy." She said

"Don't tell me about my brother." I said. I had gotten Matt's number a few months back. The day passed slowly, then I called Matt.