Status: Please comment!

Alone

Ryan

I felt so alone in this big house. When we were little, before we went to the University, we had a big house like this. Not a log cabin, but a house that looked a little like the white house. Life was so easy then. We would play with our neighbor kids on the perfectly green lawn until our mother and father would yell for us to come home. The house was actually cozy and warm. Now that i was in a safe place, why didn't i feel cozy and warm? This was like home. But it didn't feel like it at all.

I walked down the stairs, Winters laughs echoing through the house. That made me smile a little. It had been so long since she last laughed. I was glad she did. It just made me feel strange that only Leo and Charlie could make her laugh. Why couldn't i? Probably because i had been with her for so long. She was probably sick and tired of me. That was understandable.

I slinked through the long hallway of the second floor, looking for any red ribbons. I looked through every room, eyeing which one was the best. I would open the door halfway, and if i didn't like something, i would shut it and keep walking. This process lasted for about twenty minutes till i found a room i actually felt..... Wanted in. It called me, in a way. Wow, that sounds stupid. Anyways, i opened the door and looked around.

It was a medium sized room, not small and not huge. It had a twin bed in it pushed to the corner of the wall and a large desk in the middle, one of those desks that was all the way around that you needed a spinney chair to use it so you could just spin and be where you wanted. Inside the middle of the desk actually was a spinney chair, it even had wheels. I smiled and walked to it. It was made of a brown leather, like the one my dad used to have. It even smelled like his cigar smoke. I wonder how Charlie did that. I swerved the chair and smiled with glee like a four year old at his fathers work. I looked around the room as i did this.

There was a large window in the middle of the room, and the twin bed had blue and white striped sheets. They looked freshly put on, not musty or old. I got out of the chair and looked around curiously. On one side of the room, there was a walk in closet, a bathroom with a shower, two sinks and a toilet, and some old pictures of the normal boring things you would see at an antique house. A painting of a dead flower in a vase, a portrait of a man with a handlebar mustache (Which i would take down. That thing was just downright creepy. Its eyes followed you where ever you walked!), and another picture of an old restaurant. It wasn't really my style, so i made plans to take the pictures down. The walls were a boring gray, something you would see at a doctors office. But i wasn't complaining. This was much better then a nine by ten foot room with only a cot bed in it. I sat down on the bed, and it creaked a little.

I opened the shades that were on the window, and light poured in. I could see the sunset perfectly. If only i had someone to share it with. Oh well. I sat on the bed, resting my feet on the oak wood floors. i smiled as a bird came and sat on the tree outside the window. It chirped happily, without a care in the world. In a way, that bird could be me now. I was free, free at last.

And then it started to rain.