Status: Please comment!

Alone

Ryan

As we waited for poor Leo to come conscience, i thought about Sunny. I felt bad Winter had just taken her idea straight from her mind. She shouldn't have done that. I was feeling bad vibes from Sunny because of it. And when she went upstairs, i knew she was really pissed. And i would be to, believe me. I was going to say something to Winter about how much of a bitch she was acting like, but right then destiny seemed it didn't want me to punish her. Leo woke up, blinking his eyes a couple of times. He still looked out of it to me.

"Whoa where am i?" He asked, his voice strong despite he was lifting his arm loopily, just to see if he could.
"Your back at the cabin. We found you passed out by the pond" Winter cut it, smiling now and her eyes stopping the tears.
"What made me go uncoincisence?" Leo asked, stopping the arm waving.
"We don't know, actually. I was walking, and i came across you, head bleeding and slouching on the muddy ground" Leo looked at me.
"I don't remember anything" He mumbled, placing his head in his hands. Winter rubbed his back.
"Its ok. Just breath for now" I walked upstairs, assured that Leo would be ok in Winters arms. I placed my hand on the gorgeous oak banister and keep walking, all the way up to the third floor. I looked around, shoving my hands in my back pockets and tried desperately to find the library. I needed a god dang map. Oh wait! I have one! I chuckled at my stupidity And dug into my front pants pocket.

I looked at the flooded piece of paper and rubbed my chin. I followed it to some huge wooden doors like they would've been placed on a medieval castle or something. I pushed them open and they groaned, revealing a bright light that came from the huge windows on either side of the massive library. I shut the doors with a bang and looked around. It was like the library in Beauty And The Beast, the old Disney version. There had to be at least twenty bookcases, all lined up perfectly. They reached the top of the ceiling, which on it was painted running horses carefully. They galloped through a pastel forest, one by one fading into the darkness. I knew for a fact Charlie didn't paint that. He couldn't paint a rainbow to save his life.

I walked through it, placing my hands on one of oak study desks that matched the banister. There were about fifteen of them all lined up in a row, facing the wall so that no one could see your personal business. And in the middle of everything, was a large table that could seat all the members of the white house without even trying. I smiled and sat at one end of it, sitting straight like a great, brave man. Ya, i wish. Even i knew i was pathetic. I couldn't even stand up to my sister. How was i even in this family? Everyone i knew that was related in some way to me was a noble hero. My dad was a war colonial, fighting for the good of humanity. My mom was a nurse that saved orphan slaves from India. All my aunts and uncles saved at least three lives, and that was each. Winter even told me that our great great great great great grandma was Joan of Ark. I didn't believe her at first, till i looked our last name up on Ancestry.com. I guess i actually am related to the powerful saint after all.

I started to scope out something that would help me. With anything. About our powers, about the University, anything. But no luck. All i found were some old books about life outside our planet. Don't get me wrong, it looked awesome. But it wasn't what i was looking for. So i set out to look for a book on the other side of the first bookcase. God, I'm a dumb ass. I didn't even see that the books were in Alphabetical order. I should've known that when i saw the section about Airplanes right next to the book all about Alligators. So i looked in the P section, which was all the way on the other side of the room on the twelfth shelf. I didn't find anything there either. I looked at about everything there was to look at, having absolutely no luck at all. I slumped over and sat myself down at the head of the large table again, resting my head on my hands.

I sighed and twirled an old pen i found, thinking. Then it came to me. Of course! Physicology! I jumped up and speed walked to the P section again, flipping through all the books that started with PH. Finally i found it, right under a book about Photography. I smiled at my cleverness and sat down, right were i was standing. I flipped it open. There was stuff about mental illness, schizophrenia, and bulimia. But nothing about what i wanted! I slammed it shut and sighed with frustration. It couldn't be that hard to find one book about powers in this whole entire library! I moaned and stood up, legs popping. I shoved the book back in its place, then heard a thud. I followed the sound to the other side, and as if by fate, a book that said ABILITIES was on the floor. I had pushed it off of the shelf magically. I picked it up and sat down again, tapping my fingers on the cover. Without hesitation, i opened it to the index. There was stuff about talking to animals, aliens again, water bending, life taking, shadow wrestling, and fire dancing. Then i found a page that was titled: Origins. I raised an eyebrow and flipped to it, the old paper crinkling by touch. It sent shudders up my back. I read it starting from the beginning

Origins:
Most studies show that when a person is blessed with an inhuman ability, such as animal speaking, there is a reason why. it does not have to do with genes or where that family came from, but alas, something such as an experience that triggered a force within the body, causing a 'power'. This experience must happen from ages birth to age two, or the child will be normal as its life goes on. An experience must be largely powerful for it to be put into action, such as an accident. Psychologists everywhere agree that we are all born with the potential to have an extra ability, but almost all of us do not have a action that creates us one. Once the child has the ability, it can not be taken away or changed, for it is engraved forever as if by magic. When a child has a sibling, it is not passed down by the sibling, unless something rare called a Inferno takes place. The Inferno is when both powers come out at once, automatically giving each individual the same ability. This only happens when one both children see or experience the same thing, and they interpret it the same way. Again, this is extremely rare.

This passage in the book made me think. What kind of experience could've been so super powerful that it would make both me and Winter have the same power? We never used to interpret things the same, no matter what it was about. I flipped the pages more, completed by the knowledge i could possess. But as i turned, i stopped to one certain page. At the top, it said THE DARK ONES. It had a whole title page for itself, and hence the name, the page was black with silver words. I felt my head try to pull me away from this feeling, this feeling of confusion, curiosity, anger, fear, and evil. All at once. I had never felt this before. I turned the page, my hands suddenly shaking with excitement. As i turned the page, i saw,

Nothing. The whole passage was ripped out. Intentionally.