Status: Please comment!

Alone

Sunny

Winter told us to grab whatever we needed to survive. Leo grabbed some extra cans of food (though, they probably weren't even edible), an old hunting knife (even though he hand one in his pocket), and an old book i think was titled Catch 22.

Winter stole some more bags of food (but they were fruits and veggies, like apples and cucumbers. Where she found them? i have no idea), an old sketch book (with only some pages used up), and a little stuffed tiger she found behind some old planters.

Ryan brought a torn up back pack, filled his water bottle up with water from the still working sink (who would've thought? The water was clear to!), and a book titled The Grapes of Wrath.

Me? I couldn't really find anything. I left everything behind at my house that i needed. This old junk really couldn't replace it. Leo made me bring a couple of books though. He picked them out for me. The Women of Pulp, Kill or Cure: Doctors in Literature, and The Hound of Death. I don't even like to read. I end up burning all the pages anyways. But as i was looking through all the old toys, movie cassettes, broken pens and used up light bulbs, i saw it. It was buried underneath some old, moldy pillows and i kicked them aside. I say the corner of it first, not really sure what it was.
"What?" I whispered, not wanting anyone else to find my treasure. i picked another pillow off it and saw it was a wooden box. It was covered in age old dust, and when i blew it off a huge cloud filled the already musky air. I brushed it off with my hoodie sleeve and stared at it. It was painted, but it was so ancient that the colors were faded. I looked closely, trying to see what the image was.

A dove. A white dove, holding an olive branch in its beak. The bird was in mid-flight, its head looking down. Under it was tiny animals glancing up at the grace full creature. I smiled softly and opened the box, my imagination insane with ideas. Suddenly, a quiet, tinkering sound started to play. I knew the music right away. You Are My Sunshine. My dad used to sing it to me every night before i went to bed, just loud enough so i couldn't hear the gunshots outside. I closed the box, my head filled with sweet memories. This, i would take.

I stuffed it in my tye-dyed bag and walked outside, feeling my legs again. The rest of the pack was already walking down the hill. I sighed, shutting the door. Almost right after i shut it, my hands burned in agony.
"Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" I screamed in horror, my palms lighting up. Before i knew it, the whole shed was on fire. They all looked back, they're eyes distorted with fear. Leo was fast though, and almost instantly the shadows were on it and smothered it. I hope no one lived in that cabin, because it was nothing but ashes now. I felt ashamed. Ryan and Winters faces were confused and frightened. Horrified, actually. Leo put his arm around me, leading me into the direction Winter and Ryan were. he didn't say anything, and i was glad.

I didn't want to be talked to anyways.