Status: Please comment!

Alone

Winter

After Sunny's meltdown, i didn't know what to think of her. I mean, come on. What the hell was that? She freaking blew up a whole entire house without even thinking! How is that even possible?! I knew we couldn't just have a psycho in our group. What if she did something really stupid? Like, maybe set something or someone of value on fire?! And i don't even know why we brought Sunny, actually. Shes just dead weight.

In my eyes, shes not the brains, (which was me, of course) She defiantly wasn't the strength (Ryan) and Leo was everything else (the looks, heart, courage, etc.). So what was she? Nothing, obviously. And i know i sound like a bitch, but i don't remember the last time i had freedom. And i wasn't going to let someone who couldn't control there powers ruin it for me. No matter how much Leo told us she was a human to and we couldn't leave her.

But the worst part is, Ryan is starting to almost get attached. What is there to get attached to? her 'fiery' personalty? hahaha, pun. Sorry. But i guess that was only fair, since i was already starting to get feelings for Leo. I mean, how couldn't you? 6 feet of pure muscle under that dark brown hair of his. Yummy.

So, i decided it wouldn't hurt to talk to him while we were walking to find Charlies place. I slowed my pace down and started to walk next to him, matching his stride. "Hey Leo" I chirped, putting on my award winning, heart stealing smile.
"Hey Winter" he said, stepping over a log. he smiled at me in a friendly manner.
"How are you? Do you need some water?" I asked, offering him my water bottle.
"No thanks. Not to sound prissy or anything, put I'm not sure i want to drink something that's been out of an old abandoned shed."
"You mean, was in an old abandoned shed. There's nothing but dust left of that shack" I said glumly, trying to make a joke.
"Shhhhh!" He whispered, looking over his shoulder. "Don't rip on her for that. She has no control over that stuff"
"That's what I'm worried about. We cant just have someone who cant control their abilities helping us!" I whispered fiercely.
"You don't know her, do you?" Leo glared at me, giving me chills.
"No, your right. I'm sorry" I sighed, looking down. I struck out.
"So, where are we going again?" He asked, shoving his hands in his pockets.
"My brother Charlie's house. He escaped like, four years ago and ran all the way here. He sent me letters, saying they were from my grandma in Kansas" i smile, the memories vivid.
"Genius!" Leo broke into a smile, making my mood change course.
"So all we almost there yet?" he asked, looking at the forest around us. "Hmmmmmm, i don't know really. That's why Ryan is navigating" i blushed with embarrassment. Maybe i wasn't the brains after all.

After another three hours of hiking for what seemed to be ages, we finally came to a fork in the road. Leo was resting, huffing and puffing like a dragon.
"You ok?" i smiled, walking over to him.
"Ya, I'll be fine" He gasped for air. I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Come on" i held out my hand. he looked surprised at first, but then broke into a soft grin and took it strongly. I blushed again, this time with happiness.
"Which way Ryan?" i asked. He took out a little folded piece of paper, a note i recognized from Charlie.
"Left" he answered, pointing in the direction. Me and Leo made small talk pretty much the rest of the way, talking about what our favorite things where or what we thought the books from the house would be about. Still, there was no house. Ryan looked more, but we still couldn't find the mysterious cabin. And then of course, it was right under our noses the whole time. We back tracked, and deep in the brush we saw it. The small, homely little cottage Charlie described in his letters to me was not what it was in reality. There, before us, stood one of the biggest log cabins i had ever seen.

We stared up at in awe, Ryans face very much like mine. And when i looked over at Sunny and Ryan's faces, i almost died. Sunny looked incredibly stoned, like she had never seen a house of any kind this big. And Leo, well, we looked like he was about to have a seizure. I turned to him, and he crossed his arms.

"Well Winter. You never mentioned your family was made up of billionaires."