Status: I'm back to update so stay tuned!! ♥

Surprisingly Unexpected

Chapter Two

July 2, 2007
It’s his birthday today! He wanted to spend it with his family so I went with him. We got here two days ago and since then, we haven’t been together. He’s always with his friends and I’m always here stuck here in his house with his Mom and sister. Nice, huh? But it’s his birthday so… if he’s happy, then I’m happy!


__________________________________________________________________________

.
"Are your eyes closed?" Carla loves surprising me and the thing I hate the most are surprises. I don't like not knowing.

"Yeah, yeah! They're closed."

"K, open your eyes now!"

"SURPRISE!!!" shouted everyone. Carla, Derek, Justin, Ems, Cec, Sam, Ed, Marv, Allen, Denver, and Jans gave me a group hug. We're in Justin's really big house.

"C-c-can't... br-breath.." I was being squeezed too much. I just love these guys. They never let me down.

"Enough, enough. Gift-giving time!!" shouted Carla. We always do this when someone has a birthday. Everyone will fall in line and give a gift to the one who is having a birthday. It's our way of making the gift-giving truly personal.

First was of course, Ems, my baby sis. We're complete opposites. She's about two inches taller than me, she has ebony black, korean style hair, which I adore so much, dark brown eyes, and fair skin. She's not too slim but has no curves. Ha ha! I always tease her cause of that. She's a very good singer and plays the bass as well.

She's wearing a brown dress that fit her body well and give her the illusion of curves. Wow, she's learning. She gave me a necklace she made by herself that compliments the color of my eyes, which are hazel, by the way.

"Aww, thanks Ems!" I said while she puts it on my neck. "I love it. It's perfect!"

"I know you'll like it." replied Ems smiling. "It's from me."

Next was Justin, my friend since middle school. He's a bisexual but you can never tell when just looking at him. He's a lot taller than me, gym-built body, and he's the only gentleman left in the world. He gave me a pair of guitar earrings I've been wanting to buy. I jumped and hugged him tight.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" while kissing him on the cheeks. He winked at me and smiled.

Then Cec, who was wearing a black shirt with a pink skull design, brown short shorts, a beret, and boots. She wears almost anything and mix and matches everything. She doesn't care what people think. She's too eccentric for that. Guess what she gave me... A red shirt with "Why is your cock staring at my eyes?" in front. I burst out laughing!

"Wear it tomorrow, puh-lease..." she said while batting her eyes.

"Hell yeah, Cec!" I said while still laughing.

Sam, a boyish one, gave me a black notebook with picture of everyone in front. Ed, the loudest guy I've ever known, gave me a flower he just picked outside then gave me a big hug. I smiled and kissed him in the cheek. Marv, the oh-so-narc one, gave me a picture frame with his picture on it. Allen, Denver, and Jans, my three most favorite gays in the world, gave me a group hug said they have a surprise later.

Then Derek, who was wearing a black jeans that fit him perfectly and a plain white shirt with "JUST DARE" in front. He's about half a foot taller than me, has strong dark brown eyes, and a cold glare. He gave me a star cellphone charm and a notebook with a picture of the sunset by the beach that he took as the cover. He's an aspiring photographer.

"How did you know I love sunsets?" I smiled at him and for a millisecond, I saw him smile like when-you-praise-a-child-for-doing-something-good-smile.

"You just seem like someone who does," he said softy in my ear. I had goosebumps all over me.

Last but not least, Carla, my twin from another lifetime. She gave me a big card with all of their notes and greetings and a MAC liquid eyeliner in heavy black!

"Oh Carla, you're such a spoiler!" I said and jumped at her and hugged her. We fell to the ground but I didn't care. Allen helped us up but I wasn't letting go of Carla, who was laughing really hard by the way.

__________________________________________________________________________

.
After gift-giving, we started the party. There was food, alcohol, and karaoke! What more could you ask for? We partied all night, drank a lot, and sang a lot. Then when we were all almost drunk, Allen, Denver, and Jans, went to the backstage and disappeared for twenty minutes or so.

Since they were gays, I thought they were going to sing and dance like Beyonce and we'd laugh until they finish but when the lights turned on on the stage, I was shocked. Allen had a guitar, was wearing an all-black getup with heavy eyeliner and black hair with purple streaks. Denver was in the drums wearing a lot of leather with metals and silvers and all. He had a skull mask on that was glowing in the dark. And Jans has a bass and was wearing a Japanese school girl uniform, had a wig on with pigtails, and fake boobs.

I was speechless. They sang a Japanese rock song and Jans really looked and sounded like a Japanese girl. We were all speechless and no one was laughing. After the first song, we were all clapping and screaming and whistling!

They sang a few more songs. We drank some more and sang some more. At around 5am, most were drunk and asleep. Jans was sleeping by the pool. Allen, Sam, Denver, and Cec were on the floor by the couch. Marv was on the couch. Ems was on the dining table. Ed was under the dining table. We were wasted! Carla and I were still talking about the party. Derek was just watching a movie.

"I gotta get some sleep babe," said Carla while yawning. "You should get some as well. Goodnight!"

"Yeah, later. I'm not sleepy." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and went to the guest room.

I took a blanket and went to the roof to wait for the sunrise. I was thinking about how lucky I am to have such friends. Yet, something was still missing. A part of me is somehow lost.

"Mind if I join you?" I jumped in shock to see Derek sitting beside me. "Not yet sleepy?"

"I am," I said. "I just want to wait for the sunrise."

Derek and I shared the blanket and waited for the sunrise. We didn't talk, we just sat there. My heart was beating to fast. I just ignored it. Maybe it's too much alcohol. Aah, the sunrise is really beautiful.

"Happy birthday, Ash," said Derek softly. He put his arms over my shoulder and pulled me closer. My heart calmed down and I was more relaxed. I fell asleep when the sun rose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! :D
I'll try to update again soon!

Here are some pictures of the characters! Ash and Ems have different Dads, by the way.