Status: I'm back to update so stay tuned!! ♥

Surprisingly Unexpected

Chapter Four

January 4, 2008
He said sorry for acting like that but I don’t think we’ll ever be the same as before. Something’s wrong and I know he knows it, too. Is this a test of our relationship? Will we be stronger once we get past this? Will we ever get past this thing that’s happening to us? Ugh! There’s just a lot in my mind right now.


.

.

Derek stopped the car and pulled of to the side of the road.

He leaned over to me. I shut my eyes pretending not to noticed we even stopped. My heart started to beat so fast it felt like Derek would literally see my heart beating so hard on my chest. What if he tries to kiss me with that sweet red lips any girl would kill for to have? Oh no, I can feel him getting closer. What will I do? For God's sake! We're alone, I still have hangover, and I still smell a bit of alcohol. He's getting nearer. I feel him unbuckling my seat-belt. Should I tilt my head? Should I open my mouth a bit? Hold up...! What in the hell am I thinking?! Why am I panicking? He knows Josh and I are together. He's really close now. I can feel his breath.

"NNOOOOO!!!!!" I heard myself screaming load and long. Oh no! Have I been thinking out loud? I can feel my face going red already.

"Ash, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes to see my Mom opening the door of the car. We're here already? I've been daydreaming again during the whole trip? How can we get here so fast? I looked at the time on the dashboard. It's been only eight minutes since we left.

"I'm a fast driver," It was like Derek read my mind. "I'm sorry. I hope I didn't scare you. Are you okay, Ash?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answered immediately and got off his car. I couldn't look at him. "Thanks for dropping me off."

"Derek, if you're not doing anything, you can stay." Mom has this thing where you can't say NO to her. She's like a YES magnet. "Carla and the others are on their way. I invited them, too."

"For what?" Josh helped me with my things. "Haven't she had enough partying for one day?"

"Oh, you know, I asked my caterer friend to come up with a small party for my big girl."

"That's the urgent surprise?" I'm a bit irritated by how Josh is trying to control me again. Though I don't mind having another party, he has a point, I could have slept a bit more. "It could have waited until tonight. I haven't had enough sleep yet."

"Oh Ashbunny..." Here goes my Mom's sweet tone. "I thought you'd be happy."

"I am, Mom. It's just that you could have let me sleep for a few hours more."

"Well, that's really not the surprise." My Mom took my hand and dragged me to the back. Derek and Josh followed.

"Hey Ash! We just got here." said Ems. "Whoa! Derek's a fast driver, huh?"

"Don't tell me you've known about this and you didn't tell me?!"

"I have no idea." Ems winked at me. Ugh! These guys! And they know how much I hate surprises.

"Josh, help me with this." My Mom went ahead to the back with Josh and Ems. "Derek, would you be a dear and cover her eyes?"

"Cool," Derek said calmly. He covered my eyes with his strong hands. I could feel his breath and the heat of his body. It's calming and warm.

"You don't have to do everything my Mom says, you know."

"Don't worry," I know he's smiling from the way he speaks. "I'm here because I want to be here."

I could feel my face getting red again. He guided me in every step to the back door. I can hear my Mom's countdown from three. I feel Derek's hands getting loose. "...two... one!"

Derek took his hands off my eyes. I opened them but they're still adjusting to the brightness outside. When I could finally focus, I saw a hot red Ford F150 in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes! This had to be a dream. I didn't care about how I looked like from the shock. I just stood there, still trying to absorb what I'm seeing. I couldn't believe my dream car was right in front of me. I wasn't able to move until Ems gave me a push. I circled around the truck, taking my time admiring it and then got in the driver's seat. My Mom threw me the keys and I almost didn't watch it. My hands were shaky. I couldn't put the keys in and I've had a few tries. I took a deep breath to stabilize myself then put in the keys. I started the car and I loved the sound. I will never forget this sound. I closed my eyes and printed the sound in my head so I will always remember it. I turned off the engine and got off the truck. I was too excited to drive it now. Too much excitement could lead to accident and I don't want that. I was too shaky at the moment. I jumped to my Mom and hugged her so tight.

"I knew you'd be happy, Ashbunny." my Mom whispered to my ears. I can feel a tear falling from my eye.

"Thank you, Mom!" I whispered back to her still hugging her tight. "Nothing else can make me happier. I love you."

"You welcome baby. I love you, too."

.

.

"Small party, huh?" Derek smiled a bit.

"Well, you know Ash' Mom and her parties!" said Carla.

"The only thing missing are the booze." added Allen.

"Oh, wait after the food's all gone." Carla said and winked at Allen.

I have to admit. My Mom's the best. Nothing can beat her and her parties. We have a large buffet setting in the grand hall with a band and all-out decorations. After the eating and chatting part, I know there will be a dj, more partying, booze, finger-food, and the all-out lights.

"C'mon. Let's dance." Josh took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. I was still eating but I guess he didn't notice.

He signaled something to the DJ and the song changed from Tik Tok to freakin' King and Queen of Hearts, which I hate, by the way. He pulled me closer, took my left hand, and put a charm bracelet on me with seven small cockroaches as charms. I was so shocked that I took my hand from him forcefully and stormed out off the dance floor. Good thing there were still a lot of people so no one noticed. I was trying so hard to fight my tears until I bumped into Carla.

“WHAT THE FUCK DID THAT BASTARD DO TO YOU?!” asked Carla angrily, not expecting me to answer. It was like she just had to let her anger out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking too long to update. Don't worry, I'll update more since I'll have more free time in the coming weeks.

Enjoy reading! ♥