Status: I'm back to update so stay tuned!! ♥

Surprisingly Unexpected

Chapter Five

February 7, 2008
This is just the second birthday I had since we’ve been together but he almost forgot about it. What’s weird is I’m not as bothered about it as I should be. Is this a test of our relationship…? Or a sign that we’re falling apart?


.

.

“WHAT THE FUCK DID THAT BASTARD DO TO YOU?!” asked Carla angrily, not expecting me to answer. It was like she just had to let her anger out.

“What? We were just danc--” She took my hand and guided me to my room. Everything was so sudden and it was like Carla magically found us a way in such a crowded hall. She took something from my bag, then went to my closet, then took me to my bathroom.

“Wash up, put your makeup back on again, wear these clothes, then come out from the bathroom.” Carla was scarier than my Mom when she's angry. Better to just do what she says when she's like this. “I'm giving you an hour. I'll wait here on your bed.”

I did as “instructed” and went to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and was shocked to see my reflection – I was a complete mess. My makeup's washed away with tears, the red shirt Cec gave me was completely soaked with at least three different things I can't even recognize now, even my white shorts has spaghetti spills, barbeque stain, and other things I also don't recognize anymore, and my hair was sticky and it smells. I started crying – or continued judging from my makeup that I've cried already. I coudn't explain why I look like this. Is thais why Carla's reaction was like that when she saw me? But I remember I was fighting my tears. Why was I fighting my tears again?

Oh! I looked at my left wrist with disgust and fear but then saw that the charm bracelet was gone. Why in the hell would Josh give me a cockroach charm bracelet when he knows the thing I fear most in the world are cockroaches?! And that stupid song! And it's my FUCKING birthday!! And where is that stupid bracelet so I can throw it back at him?! Did I lose it? Did Carla take it off so I won't see it again? And why in the FUCKING HELL do I look like this?! I was startled by four knocks on the bathroom door. “I don't hear water.” Carla warned.

I took a warm bath, fixed my makeup, wore the clothes Carla prepared. And she had to get this one, huh? It was the gold silk dress she bought me last year for my birthday, which was a litle too short. I've never worn it yet 'cause when Josh saw it, he said he never want to see me wearing it. Carla said it was my “freakum dress” and that every woman has to have at least one.

I opened the door and Carla looked at me. She smiled then gave me an expression I know so well – she was asking if I'm ready to talk. I sat down and told her that Josh “asked” me to dance, signaled the DJ to change the song to something so FUCKING retarded, gave me the cockroach charm bracelet, then I stormed out of there and saw her. I was about to ask her about the bracelet but it seems like she doesn't even know about it.

The door opened and Josh came in.

“Why the FUCK did you storm out just like that?!”

“And what the hell's fuckin' wrong with you?!” Carla was about to jump at him and punch him but in some unexplainable way, Justin caught Carla before she can even get close to Josh. “You fucking know she fears cockroaches the most!”

“I fucking gave that to her to help her face it!” His tone was now more relaxed. He even had a microexpression of a smirk. Hell yeah! I watch Lie to Me! “What's it to you, bitch?!”

“Bitch?!” Now I'm angry! “Who do you think you are? Get the FUCK out of my house!”

“Like I will...” Another smirk.

“Just get the fuck out so we can all cool down.” said Justin. He always say the right things at the right moments. That's what I like about Justing the most.

“Whoa, man...” said Josh while tilting his head a bit and looking at Justin. “You've got balls now?”

That was it! I was boiling up inside and now I'm going to explode. I was about to grab the first thing closest to me and throw it at him. Suddenly, he was a bit off the ground – like suspended in the air for a bit of a moment there. My eyes searched the room. I saw Derek who seemed like he just punched someone. Justin was still holding Carla. Allen was also there and he looked like he was about to stop Derek but didn't make it on time.

“I fuckin' saw everything.” said Derek coldly. His eyes looked so cold that something inside me shivered. “Just do what she says and leave.”

Laugh. Josh was laughing, not sarcastically. He was seriously laughing. He got up, wiped the blood from the side of his lip, looked at me for a breif moment, smirked and went towards the door. Derek moved a little to give Josh way but Josh bumped Derek in the shoulder with his in purpose. Derek didn't move an inch and Josh left the room.

Allen and Justin followed Josh, making sure he left. Carla hugged me then glared at Derek. “He was fucking mine!”

“Would you rather he took a punch from you than from me?” Derek had a point. Carla's punch wouldn't even have an effect on him. He would have even be able to avoid Carla's.

“You're right,” Carla's eyes seemed more relaxed now. “But I still wanted to punch him. Even Ash wanted to throw something at him.”

I just looked at her expressionless.

“You heard me,” she added. “I know that look on your face. You were looking for something to throw at him.”

I looked down, admitting to what Carla said, then looked at Derek. It's like he read my mind and closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not really sure what's happening with Mibba but I was able to use five spaces before to indicate a different scene but now I can't so I used those dots.

If someone knows what I need to do or put in as bbcode to have linebreaks, please let me know. Thanks!

More updates soon! ♥