Status: Active-ish

Finding Me Out

I'm dodging words, but he's saying the right lines

What is that buzzing? God damnit, shut up! I’m trying to sleep!

And then I realised, it was my phone. Someone was calling me. WHY? IT WAS FUCKING 3AM! I guessed it had to be pretty important to wake me up when I had work the next day so I clumsily reached out to my bedside table and felt around for my phone, picking it up and hitting the answer button.

“Hello?” I grumbled irritably, my eyes scrunched shut against the brightness of my phone’s screen.

“Oliver!” the voice on the other end exclaimed, making me wince as well as I could considering my eyes were already closed. The voice sounded really familiar, who was it?

“Um, yes? Who is this? And why the fuck are you calling me at 3am? No offence of course,” I mumbled into the phone, already very not happy with whoever it was.

“SHIT, it’s that late? I’m really sorry. I just woke up and I had to apologise. It’s Demitri. I’m actually sick which I guess is why you didn’t recognise my voice. But yea, I fell asleep like as soon as I got home and when I woke up again it was morning and I felt like shit so I called into work and told them I wouldn’t be there and I didn’t want to call you while you were at work in case you have a really pissy boss and I fell asleep again and I just woke up and I didn’t realise it was this late. I’m so sorry,” he finally paused for breath as relief washed over me.

“Are you sure you’re not just making an excuse for making me feel stood up even though that’s stupid cause you never asked me out, you just said you were going to call me?” I asked, not able to hold in the question, though he really did sound sick.

“I’m pretty sure,” he laughed softly, causing him to cough. “Sorry, that’s been happening a lot,” he sounded apologetic and sweet. He even sounded like he might be missing me a little, I knew I missed him.

“Well then there’s only one more question. Do you want me to bring you some soup?” I smiled a little, really hoping he’d say yes. Who cares if it’s the middle of the night and I have work? I sure don’t. He needs someone there for him if he’s sick.

Demitri chuckled softly, it sounded like he was trying not to cough. “Actually, that’d pretty much make my life if you really don’t mind.” How could I mind? I really liked him. Plus, he’d totally owe me after this.

“Great, I’ll start cooking it now; doesn’t take too long. Where do you live?” he gave me his address and I promised to be there within an hour. It was only ten minutes or so drive away and the soup shouldn’t take too long.

We said goodbye and I got up to start getting ready, and then decided I should probably put the soup on first. It didn’t take long to sort out and put on the stove to cook, and before long I was out of the shower and dressed with the soup in a thermos flask.

It’d been about fourty minutes since I’d gotten off of the phone with Demitri and I was proud of myself for getting ready so quickly. Of course, then I realised I didn’t know where my keys were because I’m a fucking idiot. I really didn’t have time for this, so after five minutes of searching in vain I just grabbed my spare key from its hook on the kitchen where the other key should have been as well, and practically ran out the door.

When I got to the car I realised that, of course, I’d left the soup inside and dashed up the three flights of stairs faster than I ever had before to grab it and run back down. I had the address in my pocket, right? Check. At least I’d remembered something, I thought as I backed out of my park and left the parking building to drive towards Demitri’s home.

If I was being punk’d, shit would go down.
♠ ♠ ♠
My quickest update ever! Are you super proud of me? And so optimistic considering how upset I've been since I found out about Zac and Josh leaving Paramore. Guess I needed something to take my mind off it. Also, I got SIX FUCKING COMMENTS! You have no idea how happy that makes me and I love you all. Plus two new subscribers :D
My beautiful, sexyfine commenters:
isobel;
SkittlesRus
VivaLaJack-O-Lantern
Unexpected.
sexyemovampire12
Annalia
(So jealous! I wanna see them so bad. They're next on my lists of bands I have to see after The Maine.)

I'm going to be away for the next couple days doing an early christmas thing with Mom's side of the family so my next update won't be as quick as this one was, but I'm not going to take a million years to update anymore, I hope.
Still lookiing for that co-writer. Info in the A/N of the last two chapters. I'll love you forever if you do it? :D

I also feel like I'm starting to develop Oliver's character a little more with all the seeing him in places other than the mall with Demitri. Pretty proud of myself. Also noticed I haven't really described them at all yet cause I always tend to forget about descriptions of people cause I really hate when people go into too much detail about characters appearance and it just makes you want to punch them. But yea, this A/N's getting too long again.

Comment/Subscribe and I'll love you forever. You have no idea how happy it makes me to see people taking the time to comment. And it really, really does speed up my writing time.
(Chapter title from This is the End by The Maine)