Status: Active-ish

Finding Me Out

I will break into your thoughts, with what's written on my heart

I nervously stood outside the apartment door. What if I’d written down the wrong address and I knocked on the wrong door? It was after four am; I’d probably get punched in the face if I knocked on the door and woke a stranger up.

Suddenly I had a stroke of genius (genius for me anyways), and pulled my phone out of my pocket, calling the last number that had called me. I was so proud of myself for thinking of it and I waited impatiently for Demitri to answer.

“Hello?” Demitri’s sleepy response came after a few rings, causing me to sigh with relief and smile at the door in front of me.

“Um, hey; I’m outside right now but I didn’t want to knock in case I had the wrong place and woke some random up which would be awkward so um, could you come let me in maybe?” I asked, feeling unbelievably awkward. Good thing he seemed to like my strangeness. Or maybe it was just my random tumblr references he liked.

There was a long silence on the other end of the phone, broken only by the occasional muffled sound of movement. I guessed that meant he was getting up. The wait was killing me; I had to know if I was in the right place. If I’d gone to the wrong door and Demitri opened the door down the hallway or I’d got the wrong building entirely I knew I’d never hear the end of it from him.

After another minute or so of waiting I heard a click right in front of me and the door opened. Demitri defiantly looked sick; his hair was greasy looking and much messier than normal and he squinted in the brightness of the hallway, though he smiled as soon as he saw me.

“Oliver!” he practically squealed, moving to hug me but remembering he was sick at the last second and stopping himself. “I want to hug you damnit! I need to stop being sick, sorry. I can’t believe you actually brought me soup, that’s like the nicest thing anyone’s done for me ever!”

I couldn’t stop myself; I stepped forward a little and hugged him. I didn’t care too much about getting sick and he really did look like he needed a hug. It was kind of an awkward one armed hug since I still had my phone and the thermos in one arm, but I didn’t mind.

He pulled back reluctantly after ten seconds or so and stepped aside, clearing the doorway. “Wanna go inside? It’s kind of awkward standing out here in the hallway.”

“Sure,” I smiled at him as I walked inside. I couldn’t seem to stop smiling. He was so adorable, even with how sick he looked and I just wanted to hug him all over again. “Do you have a bowl or something I can put the soup in? It should still be nice and hot thanks to my handy dandy thermos flask!” God, I sound like such a loser.

Demitri started giggling a little as he followed me into the dimly lit apartment, making me blush. Was I really so dumb sounding he was laughing at me now?

“What’s so funny?” I demanded, following him into the tiny kitchen and pouring the soup into the bowl he handed me, rummaging through drawers until I found a soup spoon and handing it to him.

“Nothing, you just sound really adorable is all.” He smiled, turned pink, and took a cautious sip of the soup like he was checking if I’d poisoned it or something. “Also, this is amazing. Will you marry me and make me soup every time I get sick?”

“I dunno,” I smiled mischievously at him, “I mean, you didn’t get me a ring or anything. Plus, where’s the violins? You did it all wrong dude.”

“Well, then...” Demitri scoffed, pretending to be hurt. “Will you be my boyfriend then? Sucks you clearly don’t want to marry me though; I’d be the best husband ever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are seriously fucking amazing. I almost died when I saw all the comments XD Big thank you to everyone who commented:
Luccipop
ninjapurplepanda
(It is indeed I'm Not Okay (I Promise), didn't realise I forgot to write it in XD Thank you so much!)
J I N X
ZombieChild
Unexpected.
VivaLaJack-O-Lantern
Day_KNee

You people are all fucking rad! Let's be friends.

Are you proud of me for how quick I updated? Ending up writing the first half of this before I even left so I just started working on it again when I got home last night and yea, here it is.
I'm the fucking worst at leaving cliffhangers so this is the best I could come up with. Even though we all know what Oli's gunna say ;D
I also haven't forgotten about the cupcakes I promised in like the second chapter, I'm just a lazy bitch so it probably won't happen until next month.
Comment/subscribe because you love me and it clearly does help my speed cause I love people telling me I'm not wasting my time. XD
FOURTY ONE SUBSCRIBERS NOW! :D If only I could get more of you to comment >.>
(Title credit is I'm So Sick by Flyleaf. I swear I just almost typed Flyzik XD)