Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Ch.1

Erin's POV

"You take Joe's part, I'll take Nick's." Staci, my roommate and best friend, said.

"Okay." I said and we sang along to 'L.A. Baby' as we cleaned our loft.

We were right in the middle of the second chorus when we heard keys jingle in the door.

"Knock, knock!! Guess who's back?!" We heard a pair of familiar voices say and rushed to the door, hugging our best friends.

"You're back!" Staci smiled.

"Yup." Nick smiled back at her.

"Finally!" I said.

"I know, tour was a bit too long this time." Joe stated.

"Seems like you were fine without us, though, seeing as you have us playing on the iHome at full blast." Nick motioned towards the table where the iHome was sitting.

"You guys just popped up on shuffle, don't get all cocky." I said.

"I'm not. I was kidding." He glared.

"Its hard to tell the difference with you." I stated, cocking an eyebrow.

"I'm back five minutes and you're already being mean to me!?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You started it!" I said. Nick and I were sort of more like brother and sister than best friends-we had a love/hate relationship. He was closer to Staci and I was closer to Joe, but we were all friends.

"Knock it off, guys." Joe said.

"Yes, dad." I joked.

"He thinks he can boss us around just because he's older-it's insane." Nick rolled his eyes.

"I do not. I'm just trying to get you two to stop fighting so I can say hello." He tried to defend himself.

"Mmhmm, okay." Nick rolled his eyes.

"Guys, stop fighting please." Staci asked.

They both nodded and said they'd be back soon since they still had to put all their stuff away. I knew it wouldn't take long since they lived right across the hall. When they heard we were moving here together, they got an apartment here too. New York City is kind of the reason why we all know each other. Staci's aunt worked with my aunt on Broadway for behind the scenes work and we met one summer when they brought us in to see what they did. I lived in New Jersey so I could go anytime, but Staci lived in Florida and hadn't really seen the city before. That same summer we met Joe and Nick because they had parts in productions going on and were there a lot. The next summer we all hung out again and kept in contact over the years, as the guys' career in music took off and as Staci and I went through school. Last summer Staci and I applied to a writing program here and got accepted which is why we lived here-in a really nice two bedroom loft.

When they got back, we were all hungry and ordered a pizza. Joe and I took Staci's and my shared red 2010 Camero to pick it up.

"So, miss me?" He asked.

"Not the slightest bit." I smirked.

"Good 'cause I didn't miss you either!" He stuck his tongue out at me.

"You know I'm kidding and that I missed you while you were gone."

"Yeah, I do. I just wanted to hear you say it."

"Dork."

"You're best friends with a dork which makes you a dork, too, you know."

"I guess that means we are dork buddies?" I asked, pulling to the curb so he could run and get the pizza.

"Yup." He walked into the pizza place and I went to circle the block since there wasn't that much traffic.

"'Cause it's you and me, and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose, and it's you and me, and all of the people, and I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you." My phone rang.

"Hey, Robbie." I picked up. Rob and I had been dating for almost five months and had been friends since Staci and I moved to New York City. Joe didn't seem to like him, and he didn't seem to like Joe either but they held back most of what they wanted to say for my sake.

"Hi, baby. We still on for tonight?" He asked.

"I was actually going to call you in a little bit, because Nick and Joe got back today and we're about to have dinner so I was hoping we could see a later show..."

"Yeah, sure, it's no big deal. I'll pick you up later then."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I saw Joe walking out of the pizza place and pulled back to the curb.

"You have the best timing." He smiled.

"I know." I smirked and we drove back, talking about anything and everything.

Staci's POV 

"So, how was tour?" I asked as we all sat down for pizza.

"Long and boring." Joe answered.

"So what you're saying is, that in three months nothing exciting happened?" Erin questioned.

"Well..." Nick started.

"Best tour prank war EVER!" Joe said, slapping hands with him.

"I don't think we wanna know..." I shook my head.

Both guys smirked and continued to eat.

"Psst, Joe, stop eating like a pig." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"How was everything here?" Nick asked, rubbing his foot against mine.

I shrugged and tried to hide that fact that I was blushing.

"Well, I'm glad that you two are back." Erin said.

"Me too." I added.

---

I was home alone because Erin was out with Rob, Joe was with friends, and Nick was at his place. We had all spent the last week together just hanging out.

Since I was so bored, I decieded to look through some old photos and such. 

I first opened up the box of photos of me, Nick, Joe, and Erin, most of which were all from the last week the guys were here before tour, but they all consisted of a bunch of random poses. 

The next box I opened was of my family-the one I left in Florida for this "amazing" writing program.

As I flipped through the photos, I felt tears stream down my face.

"Staci?" Nick's angelic voice asked.

I looked up to see him standing at my doorway looking slightly worried. 

We had been hanging out a lot more after him and Joe got back from tour...I didn't really mind, though. 

He's always been there for me and I loved him for that...literally; I was in love with him ever since we met. 

There were just so many things to love about him, it was hard not to. 

Too bad there's no way he loves me back...

"Come here." He scooped me up in his strong arms, carried me back to the couch, and let me cry while he cradled me.