Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 11.) Vamos A La Playa

Erin's POV

"Is everyone ready to go?" Nick asked before unlocking his car. Staci, Joe, and I nodded. "Alright, get in."

"How long will it take to get there?" Staci questioned.

"About an hour and a half if we don't hit too much traffic." Nick answered.

"I don't trust you two sitting in the front together." Joe stated, eyeing them weirdly.

"What are we gonna do while I'm driving?" Nick asked

"I don't know, but I still don't trust you." Joe squinted.

"Fine, then switch with Staci." Nick said so they did. "Can we leave now?" Joe nodded.

Nick drove out of the parking garage and Joe played with the radio.

"Pick a station." Nick stated.

"I'm finding a good one." Joe informed.

"Move, I'll find one." Nick growled, putting on a new station.

"But this is boring!" Joe whined.

"Guys, shut up. Staci and I brought a CD that has music we all like on it." I said handing it to them.

"Jersey, this is our CD." Nick said, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"She knows." Staci laughed.

"But its weird listening to yourself." Nick pouted, blushing slightly.

"Please, pleasy, pleasy, please!" I begged.

"Yeah, Nick, pleasy, pleasy, please!" Staci chimed in.

"Fine. One song." He stated.

"But-" She started.

"Two songs, that's it." He said, turning into the Lincoln Tunnel.

"Punch buggy yellow no punch backs!" Joe stated, punching Nick who glared and punched him back. "I said no punch backs!"

"I don't care, I never said I wanted to play." Nick stated.

"But that's just how it goes, no one says whether they want to play or not, you just do." Joe shrugged.

"I'm giving you fair warning that if you punch me I will punch back." Nick said.

"Yo grumpy gills, chillax." I said.

"I'm not grumpy." He whined.

"Alright well don't act so down, we're going to the beach!" I smiled. "The worlds worst beach, but the beach."

"It is a nasty beach, isn't it?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, who knew the ocean was that green?" I laughed, too.

"And full of so much trash!" He shook his head, still chuckling.

"Is it really that bad?" Staci asked.

"Yeah." Nick, Joe, and I said at once.

"But its a beach!" I added and they laughed.

"Dude, where are you going?" Joe asked.

"To the beach." Nick said in his 'duh' tone.

"Are you sure 'cuz you just missed a turn." Joe asked.

"I know where I'm going, Joe." Nick stated.

"If you say so." Joe muttered.

After driving for a few more minutes, I noticed that we were going the wrong way.

"Um, Curly, you're going the wrong way." I informed him.

"No I'm not." He said.

"Yeah, we're passing Paterson which is west of the city and the shore is south." I stated.

"Well, if you're so smart and think you know where you're going then you drive!" He growled, taking an exit and pulling into a gas station.

Staci's POV 
As soon as Nick put the car in park he flew out and slammed the door shut before he started walking away. 
"Look what you did."- I sighed to Joe and Erin as I got out. I started chasing after him but he wouldn't slow down. 
"Nick!"- I yelled as I ran in front of him. 
"What? Look I know I screwed up but they're just pissing me off!"- He snapped. 
"Stop it, you need to calm down."
"No I hate being wrong, and they're just going to rub it in my face! You don't understand!"- He yelled before walking away again. 
"You're such a baby! So what if you made a wrong turn, you're human you make mistakes!"- I yelled after him. He stopped dead in his tracks and didn't turn around. I slowly walked up to him, I stood in front of him and he looked like he was going to explode. 
"I don't want to take it out on you, please just leave me alone. I need to cool off."- He whispered, trying to stay calm but I could see his balled up fist. I hate how angry he gets over stupid things.   
"Fine, all I was doing was trying to help."- I said kind of hurt. He just sighed as I walked away. As soon as I walled to the car Joe embraced me.  
"I'm sorry Stacicakes. It's my fault."- He said. 
"No it's not, I forgot that he just has issues."- I sniffled. 
"Well we didn't help."- Erin chimed in. 
"We do need gas, so why don't we get some food while they pump the gas."- Joe said. 
"Who's going to pump the gas?"- I asked confused. 
"Staci this is a full service gas station..."- Erin laughed. 
"Sorry I thought that was only in the 50's."- I glared. 
We got some snacks and headed back outside, thinking Nick would either be in the same spot or at the car. He wasn't at the car so I looked down the road and he was no where to be found. 
"Shit!"- I blurted out. 
"What I got you a low carb monster!"- Joe laughed. 
"And you already peed!"- Erin said. 
"Guys, Nick is gone!"- I whined. 
"What? No! He's got to be close!"- Joe said with a mouth full of gummy worms. 
"Well let's go find him!"- Erin said. 
"What if he got mugged!?"- Joe said as he started the car.
"Joe!"- I growled, knowing Nick would probably do something stupid on his own. 
"What we are in the hood you know!?"- Joe said seriously. 
"Ow!"- He whined as Erin hit him. 
"I'm sure Nick is fine!"- Erin tried assured me as we drove down the road. 
"I just hope he didn't do anything stupid..."- I sighed as I watched out the window. We went slowly until we pasted a small lake. 
"Joe pull over."- I said as I opened the door. I walked to the edge of the water and sat down next to Nick who had his head in his hands. 
"You have some issues."- I sighed as I rubbed his back. 
"I know, I just get so angry."- He said as he looked over at me. 
"I know, we'll work on it."
"Sorry for taking it out on you, I didn't mean to hurt you."- He said looking into my eyes. 
"I'm fine, and I'm just glad you are ok. You scared us."- I said quietly. 
"I'm sorry I don't know what even happened. Let's just have a good time. I'll make this up to you and them."- He said as he stood up to help me up. He instantly embraced me and buried he's head in the crook of my neck. 
"I'm really sorry, and I love you."- He whispered in my ear and then kissed me lightly. 
"I love you too, but don't worry about it. Joe and Erin feel bad so you guys can make up in the car."- I smiled before lacing our fingers together as we headed to the car. I hope this trip will go better then today.