Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 12.) What the hell!?

Erin's POV

The rest of the ride was drama-free but quite boring. Joe moved back to the backseat with me and let Staci sit up by Nick who apologized for freaking out so Joe and I apologized for being annoying. Then when we (finally) got there, Staci and I checked in at a little motel while Joe and Nick unloaded everything from the car. After we were all settled, we headed down to the beach.

"Wanna risk it?" Joe asked, speaking of the water.

"We could always shower later." I shrugged.

"We?" He smirked.

"I don't mean togeth-" I started.

"Nope, you already said it." He shook his head, smiling.

"Ugh, we are on a public beach so hush." I warned and moved my hand out of his.

"Erinnnnnnnnnnn." He whined.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the water. It was sort of cold and felt icky but I wanted to swim and the motel's pool was full. I walked out until my feet didn't touch the bottom anymore and stopped.

"Too short to go farther?" He joked.

"You know I'm scared of the...fishies." I blushed.

"I'll protect you." He smiled and pulled me closer.

"Oh, that makes me feel so much better." I said sarcastically.

"You should." He laughed.

"Oh my god! I forgot to put on sunscreen!" I remembered and made my way back to our towels by Nick and Staci. "Please don't laugh at me if I look like a ghost. I mean, I will turn out tanner than all of you anyway."

"That's because you're fifty percent Colombian." Staci said, rolling her eyes.

"Well you can only tell from my tan and my stupid wide set hips. My Spanish is shit and I don't even have a cool accent! Es muy estupido."

"At least its better than Nick's." Joe added.

"So what if I can't roll my R's?! Not everybody can!" Curly huffed.

"I actually can't do that half of the time..." I stated.

"Really?" Joe asked.

"Yeah; see." I tried to roll my R's but it only worked out for about a second. "Its my mom's fault 'cuz she can't do it and my dad can."

"Damn genetics." Joe said.

"Yeah!" I nodded.

Staci's POV
Nick and I sat in silence on the beach as I buried my toes in the cool sand. 
"I missed the beach."- I said breaking the silence. 
"Yeah."- Nick sighed. 
"What's your deal?"- I asked, I thought he had gotten over what happened in the car. 
"Nothing."
"Doesn't sound like nothing."- I stated as I could feel the coldness from him. He was fine an hour ago. 
"I said it's nothing!"- He growled. 
"Seriously?"- I asked again, I rolled my eyes as I got no answer. 
"Come on Nick this is supposed to be a nice mini vacation."
"Well just stop asking me stupid questions! I said I'm fine so I'm fine!"- He slightly yelled. 
"Why do you get nasty with me? I don't know why you're upset and pissy I was only trying to help."
"I'm not being nasty. I could be a lot worse, trust me."
"Have you checked your sugar lately?"- I asked trying to brush it off. 
"Look you are not my mother. You don't have to baby me! I said I was fine so can you just shut you mouth and drop it."
"Nick."- I said sadly, I don't even know what I did.
"If I wanted any lip from you, I'd drop my pants."- He growled again. 
"You're an ass!"- I stated as tears swelled up in my eyes. 
"Well you're good at that and it keeps you quiet for a bit."
"I can't believe you just said that to me!"- I said getting up. 
"Oh come on, seriously?"- He mocked me. 
"Have fun by yourself, bastard."- I said before walking away to find Erin. I wiped of my tears and put on a happy face as I sat down next to her. 
"Having fun?" She asked.
"Yes and no." I answered.
"Explain."
"Well Nick's being bipolar like always..."
"What happened?"
"He was really happy this morning then he flipped out in the car and now he's acting like an ass."
"Well...you love him."
"So?"
"So why are you freaking out?"
"Ugh, just nevermind."
"No tell me."
"No its nothing. Just forget it."
"Okay..." She said.
"Excuse me but do you happen to have any extra sunscreen that my friend and I could borrow?" A guy asked me.
"Uh, yeah." I answered and handed him the bottle.
"Thanks, I'm Carlos, that's Ashton and you two are?" He said.
"Creeped out." Erin answered.
"Haha. No need to be, honey, just borrowing some sunscreen so I don't end up like a tomato tomorrow." Aston said.
"Uh-huh. Care to explain the visible sunscreen on your shoulders then?" She asked.
"Well aren't you a smarty?" Aston asked.
"Yeah I am actually."- Erin stated as she looked at me with the WTF look. 
"Well Carlos, you are obviously Spanish so why do you even need sunscreen?"- I smirked. Even though Nick isn't Spanish, I've always been attracted to Spanish men. Carlos was hot to say the least, and well Nick doesn't care about me anyways. 
"Well truth is he wanted to talk to you."- Aston stated. Carlos glared at him and punched his arm. 
"Go talk somewhere else; she's not interested."- Erin said sternly. 
"Erin be nice!"- I growled. I knew flirting was wrong, but I really couldn't help myself. 
"Fine whatever, do what you want. But when you get in even more trouble don't cry to me."- She said before walking away leaving me with too hot Spanish men and an evil smirk plastered on my face.
Aston spotted some other girl and went after which left me with just Carlos.
"That's a very nice tattoo you have there, Carlos." I said.
"Thanks! You like the Rays?" He asked.
"I love them!" I stated.
"Me too! I used to go see them all the time when I lived in Florida." He smiled.
"You lived in Florida? So did I!" I said.
"Small world." He laughed.
"Yeah." I nodded.
"So, you like the beach?" He asked.
"Mmhmm." I said.
"Me too. Oh I have another tattoo on my back." He stated as he turned around. 
"Wow, that's um...sexy."- I blurted out. Tribal tattoos are the sexiest thing on a guy and Carlos had a huge one across his shoulders. 
"Thanks, I think you're sexy sweet cheeks."
"Thank you."- I blushed. 
"Aw don't get all shy on me now. Let's go have some fun."- He said as he stuck his hand out for me.