Status: Working on it :)

Young Love

Chapter 15.) I'll Be Fine

Joe's POV

"JOE!!!!!!! ERIN!!!!!!!" Staci called and we turned around.

"Whaaaaaaat?" I asked before seeing Nick on the ground and running back to them.

"He said he was dizzy and then he passed out." Staci cried, slurring a little in the hurried statement.

"We should to get him to the hospital." Erin said.

"I'm calling 911 right now." Staci said.

"Good idea." Erin nodded.

"No, not good idea!" I hissed and grabbed the phone, ending the call just as they answered, "The paparazzi are going to be all over this." I said, and started to pick Nick up.

"Joe he needs to get help." Erin stated.

"I know that." I nodded.

"So what the fuck are you doing?" Staci asked, pissed.

"I'm taking him to that bench so he's not laying on the ground." I sat him down and tried to get him to wake up, but all he did was open his eyes for a few seconds before not doing anything again.

"Joe that's not going to do shit." She growled.

"You don't know that." I said, "Er, wave down a taxi."

"K." She nodded and a minute later one pulled over.

"Could you take us to the closest hospital?" I asked after opening the door.

"Sure, but it's a couple of couple of blocks that way, sir." The driver answered.

"That's fine." I stated impatiently and sat Nick in the cab; Erin and Staci climbed in and the driver started.

"Hey, you're those two guys....The Jonas Brothers, the ones with those rings." He stated.

"Yea, that's us." I nodded, trying not to lose it.

"Ain't he the diabetic one?" He asked.

"Yup." I said.

"Is he the reason you need a medic?" He questioned.

"Could you just drive, please?" I asked as nicely as I could through clenched teeth.

When he pulled as close to the ER entrance as he could, I gave him a hundred and said, "You never saw us," before taking Nick out of the car.

A nurse spotted me carrying Nick and got a wheelchair for him. She then led us to a separate room while another nurse took Nick to get help.

"I recognized you boys from my daughter's wall and figured you wouldn't want to be seen right now, so the three of you can wait here for him." The nurse said.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"You're going to need to fill out some paperwork, though." She stated.

"Of course." I took the clipboard and filled it out.

"You also might want a breath-mint and some sort of cologne or perfume, you reek of alcohol." She said before leaving us.

"I'm so sorry, Joey." Staci sniffled.

"Don't be, it's not your faul-"

"Yes it is! If I didn't talk to Jason none of this would've happened!" She bawled.

"Calm down, it's alright, and not your fault." I hugged her.

"But Joe-" She started.

"Stop, please." I stated. She sniffled, nodded, and looked out the window. We sat in silence for what felt like forever until the nurse from before came in an led us to Nick.

"He can go home now, whenever you are ready. He should be fine, and if not you can come back." She explained and started to leave.

"Wait, miss?" I called.

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone you were here." She smiled.

"We could autograph something for your daughter if you'd like." Nick said,

"Really? That would mean the world to her, thank you so much!" She beamed and handed us a piece of paper and a pen.

"Just say you saw us on your way in." I said and handed it back to her.

"Of course." She smiled and wheeled Nick out.

"Thank you." He said and stood up. Staci and I steadied him while Erin got a cab. The ride home was quiet; Staci was clung to Nick's side in the back, and Erin looked out the window the whole time.

When we got to our building, I paid the driver and helped Nick back to the girls' place. He laid down on the couch, and Erin and Staci got things to get him comfy.

"Bro, I'm really sorry." I said.

"For what?" He asked, shifting a little to grab the TV remote.

"For not making sure you didn't drink too much." I answered.

"It's fine, and it's not like I would've listened to you anyway." He chuckled.

"Dude, I'm serious."

"It's going to rain cats and dogs."

"Nick, c'mon."

"Look, Staci will take care of me and everything will be a-okay tomorrow."

"But she thinks it's her fault, too."

"Offfff course she does." He groaned, "You guys have to know that I'm old enough to take care of myself and so what ever happens to me is not your fault, it's mine. Okay?"

"But-"

"But nothing, Joe. I drank too much and caused this, no one else did anything wrong. End of story. And as for telling the lady that we were never there, that was a great idea. We'd be in such deep shit if anyone found out."

"Yea, but I should have been more concerned of getting you help then trying not to get caught."

"Joe stop. Go home, watch a movie with Jersey, relax, and try to forget about this, okay? I'm fine."

"Fine..."

"Yo, curlmeister, Staci is getting you pajamas and everything you need from your place, but I have some blankets and stuff, so here." Erin said, putting the stuff on the coffee table, "Do you need anything else? Something to eat? Water?"

"I guess I could go for some water..."

"Here; feel better, Curly."  She added, "Oh, and try to sleep in late tomorrow. Then shower and take advil right away."

"Okay, thanks Jersey."

"Yup."

After a few minutes, Staci came back so Erin and I went to my place. A little while later when we were getting ready to watch a movie before bed, I still felt bad.

"Joey, pleaseeeeeeeeeee cheer up. It's not your fault." Erin said, sitting in my lap, before she started 'Avatar.'

"Yes, it is. I should've just called the ambulance, it would've gotten fixed faster." I stated.

"You handled the situation as best as you could, and Nick is fine. It's okay now." She said, rubbing my arm.

"But, babe, he's my little brother and instead of worrying about paparazzi," I looked away, "I should've put his health first."

"Did you not just hear what I said? Joe-" She started.

"I know, I know, but I have to take care of him." I interrupted.

"You did, he's fine now." She reiterated.

"But what if-" I started again.

"Don't ask yourself that, just be glad it's over." She said.

"I'll try." I sighed.

"Do you want me to try and get your mind off of it for you, baby?" She smirked.

"Hmm....you could try." I tried to play it off like I was more upset than I really was.

She giggled, "I'll try."
♠ ♠ ♠
OMJ WE HAVEN'T POSTED IN F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

I've actually been working on this for this whole time, we decided that there is no input from Naci this time so we could post.

Hope you liked it. Comment, subscribe, recommend? Please&thanks in advance!!

Anyone realize where the chapter title came from? Yup, A Little Bit Longer. Lemme go cry in the corner like I always do at that song, brb~