Family Ties

Vincent Cross 4

Vincent Cross – Jayme’s House, January 12th
The fire came out of nowhere. It spread through the house so quickly that we almost didn’t make it out.
“The window, get the others to follow close behind this is going to be a tight squeeze.” I started at a dead run towards the window, it was far too loud for me to yell I would never be heard. Micheal was pushing Cray, Eric, Jayme and Sabrina towards me. I focused on the window ahead of me; the wall of flames was framing the window. If we didn’t go now we would never get out alive. I dove and felt the glass shatter as I flew through the blaze and out onto the lawn. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and a piercing sound as I hit the lawn. A quick look at my chest confirmed it; a very large piece of glass was protruding from my chest just above my heart. Just as I was about to pull it out Micheal and the rest of them poured out of the window and onto the lawn beside me. I gave it a quick tug and gasped at the pain. I could feel myself slipping into darkness. I could hear shouts but to me they sounded like echoes, and they were getting harder to hear. I saw Haley pull up in a car and run over to me crying as Micheal was yelling out instructions. Just before I blacked out I could see my father standing on the corner of the street his now horribly scarred face contorted into that evil smile and he stared into me with milky white eyes.
When I woke I was in my bed. I struggled to sit up and I was incredibly stiff.
“He’s awake!” I could hear my brother shout from the top of the stairs. Then a sound like a stampede. Footfalls coming up the stairs at a run and then everyone was pushing their way into the room.
“How are you feeling baby?” Haley asked as she sat on the chair from my desk that had been pushed up to the bed.
“I feel fine, a little stiff but I’ll survive.” I smiled and took her hand up to my lips, which I had just discovered were dry as hell. Micheal appeared with a glass of water and I gulped fiercely.
“You gave us quite the scare there bro.” Micheal smiled as he took a seat on the other side of the bed and pulled Nicole into his lap.
“Its good to have you back Vincent.” Nicole said with a smile.
“Did any of you see him there?” I was thinking it the whole time and I couldn’t hold it in any longer.
“See who baby?” Haley asked.
“My father.” I said.
“Where?” Micheal looked around the room and then settled back on me.
“The fire, it was him.” I said. “When we used the Fulmen Leo, it hit him a lot worse than we thought, his face is scarred from jaw to hairline and he is blind.”
“You’re saying he is blind and still managed to cause that much damage?” Cray asked in disbelief .
“He is capable of much more than that.” Micheal said as he began pacing the room.
“If that was his attempt to take us out, it seems like we can handle it.” Eric said from the corner of the room.
“That wasn’t him trying to take us out, although he almost did just that. He is baiting us, toying with us before he strikes.” Micheal said and I could feel how scared he was of our father even though we had bested him once that wasn’t enough to completely rid us of the fear of that man.
“What’s our next move?” Jayme asked.
“We need more information like who is helping him and why, right now we need to stick together we have strength in these numbers.” I said as I stood up from the bed. I pulled the bandages off and surveyed the damage. Magic had defiantly done its job and kept me alive but left a pretty brutal scar anyways. “It would probably be best if you all stayed here until this is over.” I said.
“We will have to go get our stuff.” Sabrina said.
“Is there even going to be enough room in here?” Jayme asked. I closed my eyes and when they reopened they were purple.
“Its all taken care of, your rooms are across the hall and all your stuff is there waiting for you.” I smiled as my eyes returned to normal.
“I just came up that way there is nothing across the hall.” Eric said with a hint of questioning.
“There is now.” Micheal laughed.