Family Ties

Cray Hayes 1

Cray Hayes – 4:33 am – Club Dread
Eric, Jayme, Sabrina and I had been looking at these guys for about a minute trying to figure out why they were looking at us. They were not anything like us, they were warlocks. They walked over towards us and the guy with blonde hair seemed to be louder.
“Hello my name is Vincent.” The guy with blonde hair said quite obnoxiously. “And this is my brother Micheal.”
“Hey I’m Eric and this is Jayme.” Eric blatantly stated. “And these are our friends…”
“Cray Hayes, and this is Sabrina Clarke, my fiancée.” I interrupted.
“Fiancée? You’re like 18 year’s old dude, why are you engaged?” Micheal questioned unprofessionally.
Vincent hit Micheal and he seemed to understand as though there were some connection between the two, other than them being brothers.
“Well we figured we got something good going on here, so we decided to get engaged, is that an issue?” I inquired with a little rage.
“No, he’s just curious.” Vincent replied with rage in his voice as well.
“So, where you guy’s from?” Jayme requested an answer.
“Out of town, don’t feel like saying you know want to forget old ghosts.” Vincent answered.
“Well I guess we could get some drinks and well you know have some fun, and dance it is a club after all. Oh and we could laugh at all the dumb people who walk in and…”
“Oh my goodness Eric would you please shut up.” Sabrina exclaimed in annoyance, it had been a long day.
We all laughed ad Eric shrugged and made a face which had become his trademark. The thing was, my group had never accepted anyone else usually, but these two newcomers just clicked with us.
“I guess we could have a little bit to drink, it is the only way you’ll get in bed with Jayme, Eric.” I taunted.
“Aha you are the funniest guy in the world Cray.” Eric said with sarcasm.
“Awe thank you Eric.” I sneered while holding back tears, from laughing so much. “So, how are you guy’s enjoying the night?”
“It’s amazing, I haven’t had this much fun in a while.” Micheal exclaimed
“It’s ok; I guess it is not the best night of my life.” Vincent spoke in monotone.
“Dude your like a constant downer, you need to lighten up.” Eric spoke out of context.
“SHUT UP!” Everyone yelled in unison.
A group of kids, about ten of them came and saw us. They hated us with a passion. Of course, we despised them with every fibber of our lives’; they thought they were the shit.
“I really, really hate those guys.” Eric redundantly said for a second time.
“Shut up you idiot. You think anyone actually likes them?” I inquired.
“You know what.” Vincent interjected “I am going to do something, you guys are practically my friends now, and I don’t take kindly to people starting shit with my friends.”
Vincent was very calm in the way he walked over to the group but but when he got there, oh boy was it on. He head butted the leader without even talking. We all ran over to the group to help Vincent and honestly, I had fun. We brawled with the group; by destroying them in the fight, we took their place. We became infamous around town and no one, for lack of better words, fucked with us.