Status: Feeling inspired 11/6/15

Meant to Be

Twelve

Olivia sighed in defeat and placed her hands on her hips; she could no longer deny the fact her pregnancy was showing and that her pants would no longer zip up. She stood sideways next to the mirror and gave her reflection a half-hearted smile. Her eyes landed on her protruding belly, while her hands slowly rubbed it. There was definitely life growing inside her.

“I’d really appreciate it if you’d let me zip up my pants,” she told the small being in her. “Lucky for me I bought new ones last month,” she said grabbing the new pair from her drawer.

As she finished getting ready, her phone rang and she saw Travis had just texted her. On my way. Be there soon. And after reading it, grabbed her purse and headed down the stairs to wait for him.

“You find out today?” her dad asked coming out of the kitchen.

He surprised her and caused her to place her hand over her heart as if to keep it from beating any faster. “Dad, you scared me.”

He let out a small chuckle. “I’m sorry,” he smiled.

Olivia smiled and shook her head. “Um…what is it that you asked?”

“Do you find out today? The sex of the baby,” her dad asked once again.

After her talk with Travis, where she confessed everything, she decided to just tell her family what was really going on. So, the next day, she asked her brother and sister-in-law to come over, had them and her dad sit on the couch as she coolly told them the truth. And the only reason she was able to do so was because Charlotte had come over for support.

After telling them why she had come back to Vegas without any notice, they were completely understanding, though shocked, and more than anything excited to hear they’d be adding a new member to their family. To which was a big sigh of relief for Olivia.

“Oh, yeah. I mean, you can during this month, but I’m still not sure if I wanna know yet. I probably won’t decide ‘til I’m actually looking at the ultrasound,” she said unknowingly rubbing her stomach.

Olivia could’ve sworn she saw her dad tear up as he looked proudly at her. “If you do find out, you’ll tell me right?” he asked.

“Of course dad, you’ll be the first person I tell,” she said starting to feel water in her eyes.

He walked up to her and wrapped her in his arms and whispered, “I love you,” and sniffed back the tears.

She replied back the same sentence, letting her tears fall. During their father-daughter moment, she had received a text message from Travis stating he was there already. She waved at her father good-bye and headed out the front door.

Travis smiled as Olivia entered his car. “Hey!”

“Hey! Thanks for getting me and taking me. Really appreciate it,” she said buckling her seat belt.

“I told you, I’d be here for when you need me,” he said starting to drive away from her house.

She let out a happy sigh and laid her head back on the headboard. She stared out the window and watched the blurry trees and houses pass by.

“What are you thinking about?” she heard Travis ask.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders. “I just can’t believe this is happening. There’s a human being growing inside me. I jus-just thought that after I lost my first one, I wouldn’t be able to carry a child.”

Travis remained silent, not knowing Olivia had been pregnant before, and at the moment didn’t know what to say other than, “oh.”

“Sorry, I seem to be catching you off guard with all my random confessions,” she apologized, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“It’s okay. And this,” he said reaching over to rub her covered belly, “this is happening, so don’t even worry about the past anymore,” he smiled.

Olivia gave him a thankful smile.

---| |---


Brendon tiredly opened the door to this apartment. He, Spencer, and two new touring members, Dallon, and Ian, were doing a semi-promotional tour for their new album, which had finally been completed in early July. As he walked in, he was immediately greeted by his dog, Bogart, who was more than happy for the return of his owner.

“Hey buddy,” Brendon said bending down to pet the small dog.

“You were gone longer than you said you would be.” He looked up and saw Kayla standing between the kitchen and hallway.

She looked terrible; her hair was unkempt, there were dark circles under her eyes, in fact, she looked exactly as she did when Brendon had left her a month ago. He thought the three months and he being away would’ve been enough for her to slowly come out of her sad state, but nothing seemed to change.

“Yeah, sorry. They had us do a couple of extra shows. I would’ve called, but service over there is kinda hard to come by,” he said scratching the back of his head.

Kayla smiled and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and placed a kiss on his lips. “I’ve missed you.”

“Me too. How’ve you been since I’ve left?” he asked, relaxing his hands on her hips.

“Better,” she murmured. “And lonely,” she added.

Brendon eyed her curiously, at first not catching the seduction in her voice, but then realizing it, had an “oh” moment. She grabbed his hand and led him to the bedroom, pushing him down on the bed and straddling his lap. Her kisses were sloppy and desperate, like she was afraid he’d disappear any minute.

Brendon pulled away and pushed Kayla a little to get her to stop. “Kayla, what are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? We haven’t been intimate in months and I just thought we could try again,” she said taking a seat next to him.

He reached over and grabbed her hands, giving it a comforting squeeze. “I know we haven’t, but I wasn’t sure if you were ready and don’t you think we should wait a little longer on trying again. I mean, the pregnancy came as a surprise and we both know we weren’t prepared or ready for it.” She stayed silent. “Look I meant what I said about forgetting the past and starting over, with or without a baby.” He leaned in and pecked her on the lips. “I’m tired. I’m gonna sleep for a bit. How about I pick up Chinese for dinner?” he asked taking off his shirt.

Kayla nodded her head and faintly smiled. “That sounds fine.”

She opened the door as Brendon got under the sheets and let Bogart in to join him. She took one quick look back at the sleeping duo and smiled, feeling optimistic about what Brendon had said.

---| |---


“I’ve never seen you smile so much,” Travis said as he and Olivia walked back to the car.

He was right, but she couldn’t help it; she had a good reason to smile so much. All the way home, she pretty much just stared at the sonogram, tracing her finger along the outline of her baby. She kept thinking that in a mere four months, she’d be bringing a new life into the world, her world – a world she thought was tumbling down on her.

“I hope one day you can have one of these moments, where you can’t stop smiling; it’s the best feeling in the world,” she said glancing over at him.

“I bet it is. I think that day may come sooner than I think,” he said turning the corner onto her street.

He parked the car in front of her house, looked down at the sonogram in her hand, then back at her with a smile. “Go on go tell ‘em. I’m sure they’re dying to know,” he said motioning his head for her to go inside.

Olivia nodded her head. “I’ll see you soon,” she said giving him a quick hug.

She waved from the porch and headed inside into the refreshing air conditioned house. She saw her cousin, Charlotte, sitting on the couch reading something off her phone.

Charlotte looked up and smiled excitedly. “Uncle Rob! Abel! Amy! She’s home!” she yelled from where she sat.

“I didn’t even know you were coming,” Olivia said giving her cousin a hug.

“Did you really think I was going to miss you announcing the sex of my godchild?” Charlotte said giving Olivia a sly smile. “Speaking of my godchild, you can’t even see the baby bump under your loose clothes. I’m taking you shopping for real maternity clothes,” she said grabbing bottom of Olivia’s shirt.

Olivia rolled her eyes and laughed off her comment. “I’m hardly showing right now, plus I like wearing my loose clothes, especially when it’s so hot out.”

Olivia’s dad, brother, and sister-in-law, along with her nephew and two nieces, came walking into the living room. They all looked eager to hear the news Olivia was going to deliver them.

“So?” her dad finally asked.

Olivia plastered a wide grin on her face and handed them the sonogram that had the sex of the baby written on it.

---| |---


Brendon grabbed his wallet and house keys from the coffee table. “Need anything while I’m out?” Brendon asked Kayla.

“No, I’m fine thanks,” she answered back.

He walked out and caught the elevator down and made his way to the Chinese place that was around the corner from their apartment. As Brendon made that turn he ran into someone and both men quickly apologized to the other.

“Hey, you-you look familiar. I’ve seen you from somewhere,” Brendon said eyeing the man, studying his face.

The man looked a little scared and averted his eyes from Brendon’s stare. “Uh-um…I don’t think so,” he responded.

Brendon shook a finger at him. “Yeah I have, at the salon. You’re one of Kayla’s clients right? Kyle?” he asked.

The man nodded his head. “You have a good memory. I haven’t seen you at the salon in a long time.”

Brendon shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah it has been awhile. Well it was good seeing you,” he said walking away from him.

A few steps into his walk, Brendon figured out where else he had seen the man, Kyle. He stood in place and felt his teeth grit and his hands form into tight fists. He couldn’t believe it had just occurred to him. That man was one of the men in his bed the day he came home and caught Kayla cheating on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for another update!
Thank you to those who have commented and subscribed =)
Anyways, a little drama brewing & a couple of cliffhangers. Hope you don't mind =P