Status: Feeling inspired 11/6/15

Meant to Be

Fifteen

Olivia couldn’t believe her eyes as she saw Jason standing in front of her. She thought she left him behind in Seattle, along with every other part of her past. Her mouth suddenly became dry and she didn’t know what to say. They both continued to stare at each other; for some reason, Olivia couldn’t tear her eyes away from him.

Jason smiled at her and then cleared his throat. “Hey Liv,” he said coolly.

She licked her lips and gulped loudly, trying to get the courage to say something. “Wha-what are you doing here?” she finally asked.

He sighed and looked down, rubbing his forehead with his hand to wipe away the beads of sweat that had formed. “Do you mind if I come in? It’s pretty hot out today,” he said looking back at her.

Olivia slowly nodded her head and opened the door wider to let him in. She carefully stepped aside as he walked past her and made his way to the couch. She closed the door quietly, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. This wasn’t what she needed, especially when she was pregnant. At that thought, she immediately opened her eyes and looked down at her stomach.

Jason had no idea Olivia was pregnant and if he did, he’d never leave her alone; and to explain it wasn’t his would cause more trouble and possibly letting out the truth about her and Brendon. Thankfully, she was wearing an oversize shirt, but she calmly turned around and walked toward the armchair to sit down. Olivia wasn’t showing that much to the point of being unable to sit down or awkwardly sitting down.

“So, um…why did you come here? How did you even know I was here?” she asked looking him dead in the eyes.

He cleared his throat and adjusted himself on the couch so he was facing her. “Where else would you have gone?” he asked her raising an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes. “And why else would I have come back? For you of course.”

Olivia bit her bottom lip and shook her leg nervously. “Jason…you cheated on me and got another girl pregnant. What makes you think I’d take you back after that?” she asked harshly.

Jason nodded his head understandably. “I know I hurt you and I was wrong to cheat on you. You didn’t and don’t deserve that. And I’m sorry. As for the pregnancy, it was all a sham. She was never pregnant.”

Olivia eyed him curiously. “Why would she have come all the way from New York to Seattle just to tell you a lie?”

“Because she was angry I wasn’t going to see her anymore. After I told her I planned on proposing to you, she wasn’t happy. It honestly didn’t surprise me when she came to Seattle. I just didn’t think she’d make up some big lie to try to keep me,” he explained.

Olivia wasn’t sure if he was telling the truth or not, but even if he were she wasn’t going to take him back. “Look Jason, I appreciate the apology and all, but it’s too late. I’m happy now and moved on from you. You and I,” she said pointing to herself and him, “weren’t meant to be together.”

Jason looked down at the floor before returning his gaze on Olivia. “You’ve met someone haven’t you?”

There was a moment of silence; Olivia wasn’t sure if she should lie to him or tell him there wasn’t anyone. “I think you should go. There’s nothing left to be said.” She figured he didn’t need to know anything about her personal life now that they weren’t together.

Jason wasn’t angry – more hurt than anything. The woman he loved didn’t love him back and it was all his fault. He slowly rose from the couch and walked towards the front door. He reached his hand for the door handle and took a small pause.

He let go and turned around to look at Olivia. “You know I love you,” he said honestly.

Olivia wasn’t expecting that and stared at him in surprise. “And I loved you,” she said emphasizing the past tense.

Jason frowned and hurriedly left. Olivia sat back on the chair, letting the soft cushion form to the curvatures of her back. She laid her head in her hand trying to collect her thoughts. At least I won’t have to deal with him again.

--| |--


It wasn’t her. It wasn’t her house. She moved. When Brendon rang that doorbell he was expecting her to have answered the door, but she didn’t. At that moment, all his hopes of finding Olivia vanished faster than he could blink. He didn’t want to give up, but he didn’t know what else to do, where else to look. As he drove back to Kara’s house, he decided he’d spend a couple more days in town before heading back to Santa Monica.

“Kara! Mom! Dad! Josh!” Brendon called as he entered the house.

The door the restroom opened and out stepped Jason. Brendon jumped back a little and stared at Jason as he walked out.

“Hey Bren,” Jason smiled.

“Jason. I-I didn’t know you were in town,” Brendon almost whispered.

“Yeah, it was kind of a waste of time honestly. Olivia’s happy with her life and who she’s with now.”

Brendon’s ears perked up when he heard Olivia’s name. “You found her?”

Jason nodded his head. “It wasn’t too hard. I figured I’d start at her dad’s house and lo and behold she was there. If she hadn’t there’s this bakery by there she likes to eat at; she’d probably had been there.”

Brendon was a bit angry and jealous that Jason had found her before he could – that he got to talk to her, see her, smell her, and maybe even touch her. But now he knew where to look and a spark of hope ignited within him.

“I um…I’m sorry it didn’t work out. Maybe you and her weren’t meant to be,” Brendon said.

Jason looked at him with a bit of bewilderment. “Wow. That’s exactly what Olivia told me when I talked to her. I guess if you believe it too, it really wasn’t,” he said before walking back to the kitchen.

Brendon watched him sadly walk back to the kitchen and join the others for dinner. However, he had other plans to attend to. He grabbed his keys from his pocket and headed out the front door. The sun still out, but not much of it was showing and the trees blurred as he drove down the streets. As he stopped at a red light, he turned his head slightly to the left and his eyes grew five times wider. Olivia?

When the light turned green, he took made a sharp U-turn and watched as Olivia entered the bakery Jason had mentioned. He parked his car and made haste to get inside the shop. The sweet smell of baked good stunned him as he entered the bakery. He almost forgot why he had gone there to begin with until the screeching of a chair being slid caught his attention. He looked to his right and saw her wavy brown hair cascading down her back and watched as she picked up a menu.

He quietly walked up behind her, trying to control his heart rate and breathing. “Liv,” he whispered and saw her head perk up as she heard his voice.

She slowly turned her head around and he smiled when he was staring straight into her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is an update. No, you're not delirious.
Wow...it sure has been a hella long time since I've updated. Apologies! Between summer classes, my birthday, vacation, and being a smidge lazy, I didn't get much writing done. Classes for me started last week, so I'm trying to write as much as I can before the semester goes into overload.
Anyways, thank you for being very patient with updates =)