Status: Feeling inspired 11/6/15

Meant to Be

Two

From a distance she looked just like Olivia, but now that he was staring right at her, the woman lacked so much in comparison to her.

“Sorry, I thought you were someone I knew,” Brendon apologized removing his hand from the woman’s bicep.

She gave him a half-hearted smile. “Um it’s okay. Sorry I wasn’t who you thought I was.”

Brendon stood there, watching as she continued her walk down the street, hoping he would see her as Olivia again; however it proved hopeless. He placed a hand on his hip and ran his fingers through his hair with the other, letting out a tremendous sigh. He had to stop chasing women who appeared to be Olivia, only to end up disappointed from the fictitious image his brain concocted.

“This seriously needs to stop,” he mumbled under his breath, rubbing his forehead.

This wasn’t the first time he spotted a women passing by and went after her thinking she was Olivia; in fact, it was the fifth time this month it happened and three times the month before. He didn’t think he could miss someone so much that he would start seeing them everywhere he turned and it was driving him crazy. He was even surprised no one had reported him for this odd behavior.

As he began to walk back to the store he ran out of, he felt his phone vibrate and answered, “Hello?”

“Brendon where did you go? I turn around and you disappear.”

“Yeah, I um…thought I saw someone I knew, but it wasn’t them. I’m just around the corner though, so I’ll be in there in a bit,” he answered in a low tone.

“Okay, see you in a bit then.”

Seconds later Brendon stood in front of the posh looking store, with the colorful interior and stocked shelves. Shopping at this store was the last thing he thought he’d ever do; especially with the person who was waiting for him inside. He let out a sigh filled with burden before entering the building.

Brendon searched around the store, roaming his eyes in every direction before he finally heard his name. “Brendon! Over here!” He turned around and saw her waving back at him.

He gave her a void smile, taking his time walking over to her. He was in no big hurry to continue their shopping endeavor; in fact he just wanted to leave. She smiled back at him, looking passed the emptiness in his, reaching her hand out for him to grab. He reluctantly did so as she led them back to where they were before he ran out of the store.

He stared at the items she was showing him, thinking how he even got to this point in his life, and instantly remembered two months ago.

“Awe Bogart we’re almost home! Did you miss me boy? Huh? Did ya?” he asked the overly enthusiastic dog he held in his arms, receiving a few dog kisses on the chin.

Though he missed Seattle and more than anything missed Olivia, he was glad to be home, back to the hustle and bustle of his life. He set the small dog and his guitar down as he placed the key in the lock and turned the knob to enter the apartment he hadn’t seen in two weeks.

Everything still looked the same – the house shoes Spencer go him last Christmas were neatly placed by his welcome mat, while music sheets were sprawled out on the coffee table along with a few written lyrics. Setting his belongings down by the door, he walked over to Bogart’s bowl to fill it with water and food, grabbing a handful of M&M’s from the candy bowl.

“There ya go boy,” he said placing the bowl back on the floor, while ruffing the dog’s short hair on his head.

Brendon stretched and yawned, feeling the weight of his drowsiness wash over him. Even though it was way earlier than he usually went to bed, he was spent from flying to waiting in airports for his flight, and tomorrow Panic! started recording for their new album, so he figured, sleeping was all he was going to accomplish at the moment.

He hesitated opening his bedroom door, the last time he opened it he got a not so pleasant surprise from his ex-girlfriend. Sucking in the air, he slowly pushed the door and the moment he entered he wished he had stayed in Seattle.

“Brendon. You’re back,” Kayla said with desperation in her voice.

He couldn’t believe it at first, blinking his eyes rapidly, hoping she’d disappear after so many blinks. When he finally realized she was really there, sitting Indian style on his bed, he became furious.

“What. The hell. Are you doing here?” he asked breaking up the sentence into three sections.

“I…I wanted to talk to you.”

He shook his head angrily. “I told you I’d think about meeting with you when I got back. That wasn’t an invitation to come to my apartment and wait for me. I don’t wanna talk to you right now.”

“I know you don’t, but this couldn’t wait,” she said standing up, fumbling with her fingers, her nerves taking over her.

Brendon stared at her with narrowed eyes, still shaking his head, but less noticeably. “Kayla…I’m sure whatever it is, can wait. You should not have come here.”

“I know and I’m sorry, but I just need to tell you something,” she began, stepping a little closer to him.

“What?” he yelled.

“I’m pregnant.”


If he learned one thing from that whole experience, it was be careful what you lie about, because it just might come true. So now, two months later, so much had changed in his life that he hardly had time to breathe. He spent his days in the recording studio, writing more lyrics with Spencer or alone, taking care of the three month pregnant woman standing in front of him, and moved from his cozy apartment in LA to a bigger one in Santa Monica.

“So which one should we get for the baby?” Kayla asked not noticing Brendon’s lack of attention.

He looked back and forth between the two articles of clothing, thinking how absurd it was to picking out clothes when she was only three months along. “Why are we even here? You’re only three months and we don’t even know the sex of the baby,” he said irritated about the whole situation.

Kayla looked down sadly, soaking in Brendon’s harsh tone. “I…I just thought it would be nice to pick something out for the baby. I guess it could wait,” she said placing the clothes back on the rack.

He let out a guilty sigh, knowing an apology was in order. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped like that. I’m just so frustrated and I feel like everything’s out of my control.”

She half-smiled, placing a comforting hand on his cheek. “It’s okay. I know you’re feeling overwhelmed about everything. At least in a few more days we’ll be in Vegas for your sister’s wedding and you’ll see your family. I’m sure they’re excited to see you, especially since they’ll have a new baby in their family tree soon.”

Brendon completely forgot about his sister’s wedding and to make matters worse, no one in his family knew he was a soon-to-be dad. “Yeah, but are you sure you should be flying in your condition? Maybe you should stay,” he said trying to persuade her not to go.

“But we RSVP’d already and the doctor said it was okay for me to fly. Why don’t you want me to?”

“It’s not that, I just don’t want anything to happen to you or the baby.”

“You haven’t told them about me being pregnant have you? You still don’t believe me? I told you everything that happened. Brendon, whether you like it or not, this is your baby, our baby, so get that through your head and start owning up to it.” He watched her walk out of the store, wiping away the tears that fell down her cheeks. He should’ve known never to upset a hormonal, pregnant woman.

Kayla folded her arms across her chest, taking a moment to compose herself before Brendon came outside. She felt a light grip on her shoulder and turned around to see him smiling apologetically, holding something behind his back.

“Brendon, I can’t do this alone. I need you to be on board one hundred percent.”

He nodded his head knowingly. “I know and I’ll try. Jus-just lemme be the one to tell my family. They need to hear it from me, face to face.”

She nodded in agreement. “So, what’s behind your back?”

He revealed a small plush lavender elephant. “For the baby.”

She took it from his hands and held it near her heart. “It’s adorable. Thanks.”

He brought his hand behind her head and pulled her close to him, placing a kiss on her forehead and giving her a soothing hug. Liv, I hope you still think about me every once in a while, because even in my hectic life, you’re always on my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay an update =)
So...Kayla's pregnant =/ but Brendon still has his doubts about it.
Thoughts?