Status: Feeling inspired 11/6/15

Meant to Be

Twenty-Five

Brendon let his arm fall gently to the other side of the bed, wanting to pull Olivia closer to him. His eyes snapped open when he was met with the soft mattress sheet. He sat up quickly and let his eyes adjust to the darkness. Brendon got up and checked the restroom, but found it vacant.

Brendon started to feel panicked and stroked Bogart’s head a couple of times before heading downstairs. As he descended he could see a light on, but no conversation could be heard. A sense of relief washed over him when he saw Olivia laying on the couch – one hand rubbing her stomach, the other holding up a book.

“Hey, you.” His voice was a bit harsh.

She peered up from her book and smiled at him. “Hey, yourself.”

Brendon cleared his throat before speaking. “What are you doing up? I got a little worried when you weren’t upstairs,” he said taking a seat at her feet.

Olivia laid her book on the coffee table and readjusted herself. “Sorry. Just couldn’t sleep.”

“Are you okay? Is it your back? Do you need a massage or something?” he asked.

“Oh, a massage would be lovely, but no it wasn’t that and I’m fine, really…” She hesitated before speaking again. “Just had a bad dream.”

She saw him raise his eyebrows and knew he would wanna know what it was about. “Do you wanna talk about it?” he asked.

She looked into his eyes and then averted them down to her stomach. “It was about the baby,” she almost whispered.

Brendon got up and knelt down next to her and placed his hands over hers on her belly. “Liv, nothing bad is going to happen to our baby,” he assured her.

She shook her head. “Nothing bad even happened to him. In my dream I had a smooth delivery and he was healthy, but when they brought him to me, I couldn’t hear him cry. I could hear everyone else around me, but when I saw him crying, I couldn’t hear him.”

Brendon looked a little confused. “I know that sounds strange, but it just freaked me out and that’s when I woke up. What if it means something?” she asked worriedly.

Brendon brought one of her hands to his lips. “Liv, sweetie, everything’s going to be fine. I don’t think your dream means anything. It’s probably just nerves, which is normal.”

Olivia figured he was right and nodded in agreement. “I’m surprised you didn’t wake up my sister. She’s a light sleeper,” Brendon commented as he got up and held a hand out to help Olivia off the couch.

He heard her chuckle a little. “Oh, I did. She thought I was going into labor, but I just told her I was feeling restless, so she gave me that book to read.”

“And just for the record, you’re not in labor are you?” he asked, half-jokingly.

Olivia gave him a look. “Trust me; you’ll know when I’m in labor.”

They made their way up to the guest room that Brendon had been staying at whenever he was in town. Olivia sat on her side of the bed and slowly laid down, trying to figure out a comfortable position.

Brendon couldn’t help but laugh at her struggle before making his way to the bed. “All comfortable there?” he asked.

Even though he couldn’t see her face, he knew she was giving him a dirty look. “Is that a serious question? Or are you trying to be funny?”

He noticed she was on edge about most things that came out of his mouth and attributed them to her pregnancy. “Funny, but at the same time truly concerned.”

She turned to her other side to face him. “Sorry,” she whispered.

He could see her silhouette in the dark and inched forward kissing her forehead. “I love you,” he whispered back. “Now, let’s get some sleep.”

“I’m not tired. Still too restless to sleep,” she replied.

“So you’re just gonna lay here in the dark until you fall asleep?” he asked.

“No. I thought maybe you could help me out a little.”

Brendon noticed the hint of enticement in her voice when she said that. “Oh?” he replied.

“Mmhmm,” she answered, placing a kiss on his lips.

“Wait. I thought you said we’d never do it while you were pregnant?” he asked.

“Brendon, do you want to have sex or not?” she asked angrily.

He replied with a small laugh and deep kiss.

--| |--


“Got everything?” Brendon asked as they were heading towards the stairs.

“I think so…I don’t think we need much for the class,” Olivia replied.

“Just asking, because afterwards we’re meeting up with Spencer and his girlfriend for lunch since they’re in town,” Brendon explained.

“Oh, yeah? That sounds nice. I haven’t seen him since your birthday.”

As they landed on the bottom step, Olivia let go of Brendon’s hand. “I have to go pee real quick before we leave.”

“Again?” Brendon asked surprisingly with a hint of annoyance.

Olivia gave him a narrow-eyed look. “Yes, again,” she seethed. “Just go get the car started, I’ll be out in a minute.”

Brendon grabbed the keys from his pocket and opened the door. He jumped back a little when he saw his parents standing in front of him.

“What are you two doing here?” he asked a little rudely.

His mother raised an eyebrow. “We should ask you the same question. I thought you’d be in California.”

Brendon closed the door behind them as they walked past him. “Sorry, I came down for a bit. Kara didn’t say you were coming over is all.”

“She said she had an invitation to give us, but we were in the neighborhood and thought we’d drop in.”

“Oh, well she went to run an errand. I’ll tell her you dropped by,” he said trying to rush them out the door as quickly as they entered.

“Hey, I thought you were…” Everyone’s attention veered toward Olivia, who froze in place.

Before Brendon could walk over to her side, his mother, Grace, beat him to it. “Olivia?” she asked, studying her face.

Olivia wasn’t sure which Olivia she recognized –Brendon’s Olivia or Jason’s Olivia. “Yes?” was all she could respond with.

“What on Earth are you doing here? I thought you and Jason weren’t together anymore.” Jason’s Olivia she thought to herself.

“Ma, she’s not here for Jason,” Brendon said walking over.

Brendon’s dad walked over and stood by his wife’s side to hear the conversation. “Then who is she here for?” his mother asked.

As Brendon was about to speak, Olivia looked up at him and smiled, while squeezing his hand. “Mrs. Urie,” she began. “Do you remember that girl who used to go over to your house and eat almost every single homemade cookie you baked that day? Or the girl who would tutor Brendon at the kitchen table after school? The one who asked for your and Mr. Urie’s permission for Brendon to go on a trip with her family?”

They both could tell his mother’s mind was reeling with memories, but it was his father who spoke first. “Olivia Adams.”

Everyone looked up at the older man. “Your Brendon’s old girlfriend; the one he met at the park when y’all were young,” he said, seeming to recall the memory vividly.

Grace gasped a little and returned her attention to Brendon and Olivia. “I don’t understand. How…You were just here with Jason a few months ago.”

“How about we go sit down in the kitchen and we’ll explain everything. Trust me, it’s a lot,” Brendon suggested.

After explaining what happened in Seattle to their current situation, they waited to answer any more questions his parents had. “So, does that clear the air about everything?” Brendon asked.

“It’s just insane how all this happened. How you two managed to meet after all those years apart. And now you’re having a baby.”

Brendon and Olivia looked at each and smiled. She laid her head on his shoulder and he gently placed a kiss on the top of her head. “I guess we were meant to be,” Olivia said.

“So…That’s it, pretty much. There’s not much else to tell,” Brendon said getting up from his seat.

Grace and Boyd both looked one another and then back at the couple. “Well, we’re glad you finally told us. We’ve known for a couple of weeks already,” his mother said.

Brendon slowly sat back down and looked at Olivia confusingly. “What?”

His dad smiled. “Your sister told us. She dropped off the invitation to us two weeks ago and when we probed her for more details, she couldn’t hold it in any longer.”

“We figured you needed time to tell us, so we waited and when we became impatient, we decided to get you two alone,” his mother explained.

“You planned this whole thing?” Brendon asked, referring to them dropping by to pick up the invitation. They both nodded their heads. “An-and you knew who she was and that we’re together and having a baby?” They nodded once again. Brendon was in disbelief.

“Wow. You two are good,” Olivia commented.

Brendon’s parents looked at each other and smiled before turning their attention back at them. “Just don’t be mad at your sister. We really had to pull her teeth to get her to talk,” Brendon’s dad said.

Brendon shook his head. “I’m actually relieved she told you. This is the first time I’m actually glad she didn’t keep one of my secrets.”

Everyone got up from the table and made their way to the front door. Since they had missed their Lamaze class, Brendon figured they could still make it for lunch with Spencer and Hailey. Brendon’s parents gave them both a hug, holding Olivia a little longer.

Grace hesitantly placed her hands on Olivia’s stomach. “Oh, my. What a kick! He’s definitely an Urie boy,” she smiled.

“Okay, well, we’ll like to get together soon before the baby shower. Maybe me and you can have a little spa day before then?” she asked Olivia.

Oliva nodded eagerly. “Yes! I need a spa day. Thank you.”

Once the good-byes were said and Brendon and Olivia were in the car, they both let out a sigh of relief and stared at each other, letting out a unison laugh.

“Why are we laughing?” Brendon asked.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. I feel like all this weight just got lifted off my shoulders, though. I feel so much better now that your parents know and my family knows. I think things are coming together,” she smiled.

He leaned in to give her a kiss. “I told you everything was going to turn out fine. Now all we have to do is wait for baby Urie to come into this world.”

She nodded in agreement. “Hopefully, that will be soon.”

--| |--


“Can I speak to Aaron Amerson? Aaron, hi, it’s me Jason Kurk from U of W. Yeah, it has been awhile. How’s it going? That’s great, that’s great. Yup, still in Washington and working in New York from time to time. Hey, listen, are you still working out of Vegas? Wonderful, wonderful. Listen, Aaron, I need a favor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This update didn't take me nearly as long as I thought it would! But it's basically just a filler. So from my notes on my last chapter the next chapter of this one (25) would be the last one, but I'm still debating. But I think the end is near and the next chapter just may be the ending, a long one. We'll see.

But hope you enjoyed this little chapter and I wonder who that evil man Jason is talking to? What favor does he need? IDK?! (but I do...)

Thanks again for your patience and feedback <3